Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

cleaning windshield wiper blades

Old 06-05-2008, 06:40 PM   #1
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
cleaning windshield wiper blades

i love my bosch icon wiper blades, but i really need to clean them a little. i thought about using rubbing alcohol or vinegar, but decided against those, as i figure it would dry out the blade.

any thoughts on what to use instead???
Old 06-05-2008, 06:42 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I used with good results, some very fine sand paper (just make one pass on them), and then wipe clean with a wet cloth.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:49 PM   #3
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I used with good results, some very fine sand paper (just make one pass on them), and then wipe clean with a wet cloth.
i may try that soon. thanks man.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:52 PM   #4
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah me too thanks Chris-sounds like the idea is to fluff off that oxidated buildup right??
Old 06-05-2008, 06:52 PM   #5
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
i may try that soon. thanks man.
YW! Give it a try and let me know what ya think. I got the idea from Trico. They make wiper blades.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:53 PM   #6
BLOCKADE will become famous soon enoughBLOCKADE will become famous soon enough
BLOCKADE's Tacoma Gallery
My father in law swears by Armoral. He just sprays some on a paper towel, and then wipes the blades with them. It restores the rubber, and cleans the blades at the same time. I tried it once when I needed the wiper blades to work better, it worked well, but I still bought new blades the next day.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:54 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
Yeah me too thanks Chris-sounds like the idea is to fluff off that oxidated buildup right??
Exactly! I actually had a little square thing that was made exclusivley for cleaning the wiper blades. I found out its just a sand paper square.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:54 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOCKADE View Post
My father in law swears by Armoral. He just sprays some on a paper towel, and then wipes the blades with them. It restores the rubber, and cleans the blades at the same time. I tried it once when I needed the wiper blades to work better, it worked well, but I still bought new blades the next day.
that sounds like an awesome idea too man. thanks!!
Old 06-05-2008, 06:54 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOCKADE View Post
I heard that before. I havent tried it, though.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:55 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I heard that before. I havent tried it, though.
sounds good......as it should make the rubber more supple. i hadnt thought of that.
Old 06-05-2008, 07:00 PM   #11
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
windshield wiper mod...lol. my stock blades are awesome and they get lots of use. all i do is wipe them when i wash my truck, about once every couple of months maybe
Old 06-05-2008, 08:29 PM   #12
Come on, Touch it......
ChrisDeSoup will become famous soon enough

ChrisDeSoup's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
sounds good......as it should make the rubber more supple. i hadnt thought of that.
Sorry but the word supple is hot....why, I have no clue.... maybe cause it is close to nipple or succle(sp)

Im going back to missileman thread

giggity goooo
Old 06-05-2008, 08:47 PM   #13
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

eh-hehe he thed thupple eh-hehehe
Old 06-05-2008, 08:49 PM   #14
Come on, Touch it......
ChrisDeSoup will become famous soon enough

ChrisDeSoup's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
eh-hehe he thed thupple eh-hehehe

EXACTLY!!!! I had a bevis and butthead moment.... I tried to rep ya but it said to spread it around first..
Old 06-05-2008, 08:51 PM   #15

Thanks Chris