Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Badge shadows....

Old 06-08-2008, 04:47 PM   #1
Beware the Puma...
swatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really nice

swatjoe592's Tacoma Gallery
Badge shadows....

So on the way to Kung-Fu Panda with my four year old, we were behind a black Tacoma TRD minus the badges on I-45. My wife asked why his truck didn't have all the tags on it that my truck did. I explained to her that he had probably just taken them off. And with the comment "Oh. I didn't know they could do that. It looks cool", I was off to the races.

Since I kinda got the green light to strip my truck, after some Kung Fu action, I got to work. I don't know how hot Houston was today, (once it gets to a certain point, numbers are irrelevant, it's just fucking hot) but I know I didn't need any hairblower to soften the glue up. I used a putty knife and some WD40 and I got it all off in about fifteen minutes. I love how it looks, but there is still a 'shadow' where the emblems were. Does this just go away, or is there something I can do to expediate the process?

BEFORE

AFTER

Bob's the man!!
Old 06-08-2008, 04:49 PM   #2
Come on, Touch it......
ChrisDeSoup will become famous soon enough

ChrisDeSoup's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by swatjoe592 View Post
So on the way to Kung-Fu Panda with my four year old, we were behind a black Tacoma TRD minus the badges on I-45. My wife asked why his truck didn't have all the tags on it that my truck did. I explained to her that he had probably just taken them off. And with the comment "Oh. I didn't know they could do that. It looks cool", I was off to the races.

Since I kinda got the green light to strip my truck, after some Kung Fu action, I got to work. I don't know how hot Houston was today, (once it gets to a certain point, numbers are irrelevant, it's just fucking hot) but I know I didn't need any hairblower to soften the glue up. I used a putty knife and some WD40 and I got it all off in about fifteen minutes. I love how it looks, but there is still a 'shadow' where the emblems were. Does this just go away, or is there something I can do to expediate the process?

If I can ever figure out how to make my pics fit in this box, I'll put some photos up.

kinda off topic but how was the movie?
Old 06-08-2008, 04:50 PM   #3
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Clay bar the area and let the sun take care of the rest and it should all blend in.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:51 PM   #4
Beware the Puma...
swatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really nice

swatjoe592's Tacoma Gallery
Great!! My kid sat through the whole thing, and it was funny enough to keep an adult entertained. Good way to kill an afternoon with the family.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:55 PM   #5
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
i cant definitively say yes. mine went away after about a week. but my truck was only a yr old.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:20 PM   #6
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by swatjoe592 View Post
I used a putty knife and some WD40 and I got it all off in about fifteen minutes. I love how it looks, but there is still a 'shadow' where the emblems were. Does this just go away, or is there something I can do to expediate the process?

Bob's the man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
Clay bar the area and let the sun take care of the rest and it should all blend in.
Maybe Goo Be Gone to make sure that every bit of adhesive is gone. Then soap and water, clay, and a good waxing.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:42 PM   #7
Come on, Touch it......
ChrisDeSoup will become famous soon enough

ChrisDeSoup's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good, and those are some gangsta rims....