Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

What is the best wax?

Old 08-19-2010, 07:16 AM   #42
Dennisi01 is on a distinguished road

Name: Dennis
Dennisi01's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone else used this Dri Wash N Guard? According to the website, it protects against oxidation? I may be inclinued to use it a few times a year for protection as opposed to using it as a waterless wash.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:56 AM   #43
396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BMC  -  Retired USNR
396tears's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennisi01 View Post
Has anyone else used this Dri Wash N Guard? According to the website, it protects against oxidation? I may be inclinued to use it a few times a year for protection as opposed to using it as a waterless wash.
I have been using DWG since 1996

I have never had a dissatisfied customer

Everybody I have sold to or given to has come back for more

It is extremely easy to use and will protect and shine your car like nothing else

try this test for yourself

do 1/2 of your hood with your favorite wax
then
do the other 1/2 with DWG

a true side by side comparison

regards
Old 08-19-2010, 09:05 AM   #44
Major91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Major91's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkeith747 View Post
Nu Finish liquid "polish" has always worked well for me + it's cheap.
X2 - Good product!
Old 08-19-2010, 12:13 PM   #45
Dennisi01 is on a distinguished road

Name: Dennis
Dennisi01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 396tears View Post
I have been using DWG since 1996

I have never had a dissatisfied customer

Everybody I have sold to or given to has come back for more

It is extremely easy to use and will protect and shine your car like nothing else

try this test for yourself

do 1/2 of your hood with your favorite wax
then
do the other 1/2 with DWG

a true side by side comparison

regards
thanks!

I think I'll have to give it a shot.. i'm surprised theres very little info out there about it, besides their website.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:04 AM   #46
396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed396tears is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BMC  -  Retired USNR
396tears's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennisi01 View Post
thanks!

I think I'll have to give it a shot.. i'm surprised theres very little info out there about it, besides their website.
if you e-mail their contact
they can give you a nearby distributor

you can also buy on Amazon.com
Old 08-22-2010, 09:08 AM   #47
yellowgt5 is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement: SGT
yellowgt5's Tacoma Gallery
I have been using Griots Garage for sometime. I love the stuff but it does get up there in price.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:09 AM   #48
My Taco is Bi-Winning!!!!!!!!
meckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: EAS'D
Name: Stephen
meckleystephen's Tacoma Gallery
Nu Finish easy and fast with great protection
Old 08-31-2010, 06:20 AM   #49
OldDog is on a distinguished road
OldDog's Tacoma Gallery
This is great stuff

http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-P...roduct-review/
Old 08-31-2010, 08:17 AM   #50
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Zymol here.. I saw some test where it was the best a couple years ago. Best bang for the buck if you hate to wax your vehicles.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:31 AM   #51
MATOAKA is on a distinguished road
Navy: MSC/Ret.
Name: Takomus
MATOAKA's Tacoma Gallery
Turtle Wax Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by whattheheck View Post
Turtle Wax ICE, liquid polish, it goes on and off super easy and geezzze does it shine. What's cool too is you can do all your black trim with this stuff too and it gets rid of the water spots on the trim. Very easy to buff off also.
x2
Old 08-31-2010, 02:04 PM   #52
Tojo is on a distinguished road

Tojo's Tacoma Gallery
meguiars gold class carnauba plus works for me. might try mothers next??
Old 09-06-2010, 11:02 AM   #53
Eurosport has a spectacular aura aboutEurosport has a spectacular aura about
Eurosport's Tacoma Gallery
Zaino only here...
Old 09-16-2010, 05:14 AM   #54
trapguy is on a distinguished road
trapguy's Tacoma Gallery
i vote for duragloss tpp topped with there aquawax spray
Old 09-16-2010, 09:05 PM   #55
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Meguiars NXT is the easiest I have found (no white residue). I like how it shines.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:52 PM   #56
DAMN GOOD DEAL!!
TRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kenny
TRDKenE's Tacoma Gallery
I like the mequier NXT sythetic. No white residue to clean off of the black stuff. BUT I think the most important thing here is that your car/truck is waxed at least every three months. I am kinda going to a bit longer to see if the synthetic stuff lasts any longer
Old 09-28-2010, 05:08 AM   #58
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
I used meguiars #20 on the truck over the weekend. Not outstanding depth, but for a sealant, I wouldnt really expect that, however, it does provide a very slick feel and has some nice durability.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:41 AM   #59
JoePa Fan has much to be proud ofJoePa Fan has much to be proud ofJoePa Fan has much to be proud ofJoePa Fan has much to be proud ofJoePa Fan has much to be proud ofJoePa Fan has much to be proud ofJoePa Fan has much to be proud ofJoePa Fan has much to be proud of

Air Force: Retired MSgt
Name: Whip
JoePa Fan's Tacoma Gallery
Here are a couple of photos of the hood on my Taco after 2 applications of Poorboy's Polish & Sealant followed by one application of their wax called Black Hole.....

Old 09-28-2010, 06:36 AM   #60
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
JoePA, The truck looks great man. Just one thing, Black Hole is a glaze and not a wax. Black Hole doesnt give the same protection as a wax or sealant will. However, The PwS you applied first should provide you w/ enough protection to not worry about having to top the BH any time real soon.