Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

What is the best wax?

Old 06-26-2010, 09:59 AM   #1
MadeInMaine
MadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Owen
MadeInMaine's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MadeInMaine
What is the best wax?

Hey fellas,
What is the best kind of wax for the truck?

Which do you like most?
Best protection?
Easiest to put on?
Etc....

Cheers
Old 06-26-2010, 10:05 AM   #2
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
Wolfgang concours deep gloss paint sealant is the best ive ever used when used in conjunction with their swirl remover and polish.

Its a little expensive but damn my truck looked good after i was done. Id use a mechanical polisher to apply them though.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:09 AM   #3
jesseunvoas is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Volunteer
Name: Jesse
jesseunvoas's Tacoma Gallery
mothers stage 1 and then stage 2 wax
Old 06-26-2010, 10:49 AM   #6
PB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
PB65stang's Tacoma Gallery
For a combo of quality/value, I like Meguiar's Gold Class paste wax. Great stuff.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:03 AM   #7
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srf4life858 View Post
I just use standard Turtle wax and it comes out great
True, but its a bitch to buff off. I perfer meguiar's
Old 06-26-2010, 12:43 PM   #9
zanodave is a name known to allzanodave is a name known to allzanodave is a name known to allzanodave is a name known to allzanodave is a name known to allzanodave is a name known to all

Army:
zanodave's Tacoma Gallery
zaino and p21s on top
Old 06-26-2010, 02:54 PM   #11
korny351 has much to be proud ofkorny351 has much to be proud ofkorny351 has much to be proud ofkorny351 has much to be proud ofkorny351 has much to be proud ofkorny351 has much to be proud ofkorny351 has much to be proud ofkorny351 has much to be proud ofkorny351 has much to be proud ofkorny351 has much to be proud of

Name: John
korny351's Tacoma Gallery
My Indigo Blue '07 is too long for my garage so it's outside 24/7. I used Klasse paint sealant and topped it off with Collinite Insulator Wax #845. Both of these products are noted for their longevity. Personally, I think it looks pretty damned good. Tried Poor Boy's Natty Blue Wax and it looked terrific but after a month of weekly washings it was pretty much gone. We'll have to see how the Collinite holds up. Both the Klasse and Collinite are said to last 6 to 8 months, but I've only had them on for about a month. Water beading is like it was the day they were applied. The Natty's had an edge in clarity, but not by much.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:12 PM   #12
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Your question is similar to what is the best oil, you'll ask 10 people and you'll get 10 different answers. Try different brands and see what works best for you would be my advice.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:26 PM   #13
MadeInMaine
MadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Owen
MadeInMaine's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MadeInMaine
Anyone heard of "5 super shine"?
Old 06-26-2010, 04:33 PM   #14
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
Nu Finish liquid "polish" has always worked well for me + it's cheap.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:41 PM   #15
Club Soda Not Seals
Mush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: mush
Mush Mouse's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by meteoraman2514 View Post
Wolfgang concours deep gloss paint sealant is the best ive ever used when used in conjunction with their swirl remover and polish.

Its a little expensive but damn my truck looked good after i was done. Id use a mechanical polisher to apply them though.
X2 and its great on Silver,I went the Zaino route recently and its good but not as god as Wolfgang Sealant
Old 06-26-2010, 04:48 PM   #16
GSB is on a distinguished road
GSB's Tacoma Gallery
Optimum Opti-seal topped with Optimum Wax. Super easy to use, does not stain trim. The opti-seal is a wipe on and walk away product, no need to remove. The wax is a spay and wipe. I get excellent results on my Speedway Blue. Both were recomended here http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/det...er-thread.html
Old 06-26-2010, 07:25 PM   #17
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCaron View Post
Hey fellas,
What is the best kind of wax for the truck?

Which do you like most?
Best protection?
Easiest to put on?
Etc....

Cheers
Best is subjective. Its going to come down to what you like best.

W/ that said; I've found my favorite to be Chemical Guys 5050.

Best protection... tough call. Most carnaubas are only going to last 5 weeks +/-. Sealants, ~10-14 weeks.

Easiest to apply. Optimum Opti-Seal. Apply and allow to evaporate. Very long lasting protection too. Quality stuff.

Easiest to remove. P21s. Either the carnauba look or 100%.
They definitely qualify for easy to apply too.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:27 PM   #18
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Final detail for the win!!!!
Old 06-28-2010, 03:37 PM   #19
topcathr is on a distinguished road
topcathr's Tacoma Gallery
Try collinite 845 insulator wax
Old 06-28-2010, 03:40 PM   #20
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkeith747 View Post
Nu Finish liquid "polish" has always worked well for me + it's cheap.
And it shines like a mofo. When I had my WRX thats all I used like once a month not that it needed it but I liked doing it. I only wax my tacoma 2 times a year though.