1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pressure washer removing paint

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by NicksRig, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Jan 15, 2009 at 8:54 AM
    NicksRig

NicksRig [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kenora, Ontario
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma DC TRD Sport
    Blacked out Skid plate, block heater, bug deflector, blacked out headlights, tinted fronts, OME 3" lift, Toytec AAL, Revenge-Fab Sliders, K&N Air Filter
    I was at the car wash last week and as I was rinsing the salt and snow off my truck I noticed some paint missing on the edge of my rear bumper. I thought this was odd but continued to rinse. As I got to the other side I acutally some paint come off! I have never had a problem like this with any other vehicle using a pressure washer. Any Ideas? Is this sort of thing covered under warrenty? Otherwise I might have to buy and ARB bumper in the spring.

2. Jan 15, 2009 at 9:16 AM
    AK27

AK27 Well-Known Member

Member:
    isn't kind of cold to washing ur truck in kenora this time of year?? if your under warranty i would take it back to the dealer and let them know

3. Jan 16, 2009 at 12:56 PM
    pataco

pataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Down by the lake
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 trd dc white
    FOX 2.0 RESIS,LRUCAS,BILLY 5100S ON THE REAR.MAGNAFLOW 11264,COLOR MATCHED GRILL,YELLOW FOG MOD.OVER HEAD DVD,FEDERAL COURAGIA M/T
    i had that same thing on the front bumper cover.just a small(dime size)spot.i just backed away a little more when i do it now.went and got a bottle of touch up at dealer.

4. Jan 16, 2009 at 12:58 PM
    kmok

kmok Plastidipped ma Hootus!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Columbus, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2005 Subaru Outback XT 5MT
    That would be rust prevention. I do that to my truck too:D.

5. Jan 16, 2009 at 1:05 PM
    NicksRig

NicksRig [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kenora, Ontario
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma DC TRD Sport
    Blacked out Skid plate, block heater, bug deflector, blacked out headlights, tinted fronts, OME 3" lift, Toytec AAL, Revenge-Fab Sliders, K&N Air Filter
    Went to the dealer today and they wern't all that helpful. First they said it is not covered if it was done by a pressure washer (I didn't metion it was). Secondly, because it is an American vehicle that they would have to take pictures and send it to Toyota Canada for them to make a decision whether or not I would be covered under warrenty. I will take some pics and I will need some feed back on how hard it will be to touch up myself.

Products Discussed in

To Top