1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best cleaning product for "mesh" TRD interior

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by TonyK14, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Feb 22, 2013 at 11:42 AM
    TonyK14

TonyK14 [OP] You're welcome

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner TRD Sport
    Lifted, wheels
    I have one spot stain in the drivers seat and i am looking for a good cleaning product to use that will work on the mesh type seats that come in the tacoma trd sport trucks. Any suggestions?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  2. Feb 22, 2013 at 1:25 PM
    penguins_cc

penguins_cc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Bellevue, WA
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica Limo!
    Perkins Performance Sliders, Warn 9000, Brute Force Fab front & rear bumper, OME/Dakar lift, full ATO skids and hi-lift mount, satoshi, Wet Okoles, illuminated 4x4 switch, Diff Breather.
    Man, welcome to the club. Something like a Bissell works. I would use ours once every few months with some success.

Those seats are super comfy for me but I was a dick about getting stains on the seats until I got WO seat covers. One time wife's yorkie took a piss on the seat and that dog almost met its maker that day.

Part of the problem is that the seats look clean but they get dirt and stuff on them. Once liquid hits it stains. I've tried Scotchgard - not sure if it really helped or not. I still got stains. Guess I don't have much real advice... good luck!

3. Feb 22, 2013 at 1:33 PM
    TonyK14

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner TRD Sport
    Lifted, wheels
    Thanks! This is my 3rd Tacoma and I love em. I actually called a local dealership and the parts guy told me the detailers there use oxyclean on the seats and i tried it...worked great.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  4. Feb 25, 2013 at 12:16 AM
    Maximus

Maximus Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Bay
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4
    Icon Suspension with CDCV, SPC Light Racing UCAs, Wheeler's 3 Leaf AAL, Wheeler's Superbumps, sPod SE BAMF Sliders, All-Pro Skids, AFE Drop in filter, Magnaflow Exhaust, RCI Aluminum LCA Skids, BAMF Bed Brackets, 4X Innovations Rear Bumper, FX-R Retrofit Headlights with Philips 4300k, Custom Nestah Edition Firestik AM/FM Antenna, Famous Fab Hood brackets, FrontRunner SlimLine 2 Roof Rack, Mob Town Offroad tailgate reinforcement plate, Ram A pillar mount, Anti-Dark hood lights, Lots of LED lights,
    The TRD seats stain just by you looking at them. I'm on the same boat

5. Feb 27, 2013 at 6:51 PM
    Dadic 78

Dadic 78 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fil
    Edmonton, AB CANADA
    Vehicle:
    08 Double cab TRD
    I rent a carpet shampooer every couple years, and shampoo them. It works incredibly well. In the meantime, I just live with all the little stains.

6. Feb 28, 2013 at 8:50 AM
    TonyK14

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner TRD Sport
    Lifted, wheels
    Not a bad idea, how much does that set you back?

7. Feb 28, 2013 at 9:10 AM
    Kailey Jo

Kailey Jo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Liam
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab TRD
    Short term: universal seat covers that you can pull out and wash from Canadian Tire (or American equivalent) why clean the seat when you can clean a 50$ seat cover instead by throwing it in the washing machine

Long term: Custom fit seat cover like Wetoakley that fit and look better, while still having the removable cleaning advantage
    -OR-
    Leather seats like Katskinz with heated seats that I will eventually be able to clean with a swipe of a cloth and keep my bum toasty in the winter.

8. Feb 28, 2013 at 11:26 AM
    JeanClaude

JeanClaude Well-Known Member

Member:
    East Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma Prerunner
    303 fabric cleaner with a horse hair brush and microfiber towel. If you have access to a hot water extractor, even better.

9. Mar 1, 2013 at 5:48 AM
    Leoffensive

Leoffensive Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Leo
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 prerunner TRD sport
    Icon 2.5 coilovers with resi, Custom OMD rear leaf pack, Pelfreybilt IFS skid, Magnaflow muffler
    id recommend seat covers

ill be watching this since my rear seats dont have covers haha and i hope i dont get any stains.

10. Mar 1, 2013 at 11:19 AM
    TonyK14

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner TRD Sport
    Lifted, wheels
    I've found some pretty sweet looking seat covers online, expensive though if you want to buy nice ones that fit. I swear i went to the store and bought a spray bottle of oxyclean laundry stain remover and it came right out. I just sprayed the stain with the oxyclean, took a damp sponge and gently scrubbed for a minute, then took a towel and dried it up. Stain gone:bananadance:

11. Mar 1, 2013 at 11:27 AM
    CINDOGS 21

CINDOGS 21 Member

Member:
    Cincinnati
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 dc short
    truxedo lo pro window vents avs bug shield II pop lock nerf bars
    Not sure how dirty we are talkin but scrubbing bubbles cleans everything. Worked on stains on floor mats pretty good and its pretty cheap and easy.

12. Mar 1, 2013 at 1:06 PM
    Ryan DCFS

Ryan DCFS Elevator guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    East Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    09 DC long bed TRD silver streak
    Folex upholstery/carpet stain remover has worked very well for me.

13. Mar 4, 2013 at 9:56 AM
    allthom

allthom Member

Member:
    I work in detail and the best way to remove stains is by using a steam cleaner to shampoo the seats.

Besides that we use a product called dry foam.
    It's an aerosol canned product, Should be able to find some where other detailing products are found and look for something brand name with upholstery/carpet cleaner in a foam spray.

Just spray it on, rub the stained area with a clean towel or cloth and vacuum the remaining foam product up.

14. Mar 12, 2013 at 2:58 PM
    jprovence

jprovence Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Albany
    Vehicle:
    11' Tacoma TRD
    Stock
    A steamer is what I use. It works on everything. Clean the entire truck with pressurized steam.

15. Mar 15, 2013 at 12:59 PM
    InTheRough

InTheRough Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kolt
    Gig Harbor, WA
    Vehicle:
    '20 Tundra Platinum
    Rock Warrior wheels
    I know this might sound weird but, back when all I could afford was a 95 Geo Tracker, I had some narley stains on my mesh sport seats. I took the seats out and pressure washed them with mild soap. I let them dry out and reinstalled them. It worked great and made the vehicle smell great for the rest of the time I owned it. Good luck with what ever you try.

16. Mar 20, 2013 at 10:57 PM
    nobody4343

nobody4343 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Carlsbad, NM
    Vehicle:
    06 Trd offroad sr5
    hid headlights, black spyder jdm headlight housings, black jdm led spyder taillights, full led bulb swap, hid foglights, 3 inch pro comp lift, black out emblems, two 4 inch hid lights mounted behind the satoshi, wade vent visors, black westin nerf bars, black stubby antenna, k and n cold air intake, flowmaster delta 50 dual exhaust custom black tips, color matched satoshi grill with custom emblem
    I'm thinking about renting a rug doctor this weekend and doing my seats am carpet. I was being the nice guy an picked up this chick and her friend from a bar one night. Welle being nice ended up up having this chick's friend blowing blue chunks all over my door. She was piss drunk and couldn't get her head far enough out the window. So my entire driver side rear door panel had adios motha f@@ker and Vegas bombs running down the side of it. So should I he the rug doctor or pressure wash the seats while taken out of the truck.

17. Mar 20, 2013 at 11:18 PM
    ProForce

ProForce IG @proforce.expeditions OB#5411

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    SoCal - Fontana
    Vehicle:
    09 MGM TRD Sport DCSB 4.0 Auto 2wd
    Too many to list. See build page. Link in signature
    For small single spot stains, get a microfiber towel and a $0.99 bottle of carbonated water. Pour a small amount of carbonated water on towel (be careful not to hold the towel against the bottle to create a seal because the carbonation builds pressure when you tilt the bottle and it sprays all over, ask me how i know :eek: ) and scrub isolated stain area. You will clearly see the dirt coming out onto the towel. Repeat process 2-3 times and scrub with pressure. Once it dries (usually several hours later) it will look brand new.

WARNING: If your seats are several years old and have an even layer of dirt all over, doing this will clean one spot only and it will then appear lighter than the rest of the seat. If the stain is really bad or the entire seat is dirty, I dont recommend this method. But if you do use it, it works miracles. Been using this method for almost 4 years and it this simple carbonated water solution has even taken out a giant black ink stain from a pen that busted in my back pocket and soaked into the seat for several days. You cant even tell it was there :eek:

18. Mar 21, 2013 at 1:24 PM
    onepremiere

onepremiere I Tinker

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Left Coast
  19. Mar 21, 2013 at 1:29 PM
    guitarjamman

guitarjamman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Northeast
    Vehicle:
    2019 Ram 2500
    [​IMG]

Keep one of these in the arm rest for whenever a new spot shows up.

Products Discussed in

To Top