1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

have you ever used a rug doctor

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Tsenekos, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Jan 31, 2010 at 2:25 PM
    Tsenekos

Tsenekos [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Edmonton, CANADA
    Vehicle:
    2005 DC 4WD trd offroad
    Toytec 3" lift w coils,1.5 AAL,5100's all around,diff drop kit, axel shims,N-Fab nerf bars,bestop supertop,fog mod, weathertech mats
    I was thinking of shampooing the interior of my tacoma and our other car and was just wondering if anyone here has used one of those rug doctor machines you can rent?? If you have did it do a good job or is worth it just take it in to a detail shop?? Also I dont want that damp smell you sometimes get when the carpets are shampooed and wondered if the rug doc will not leave a damp smell as its cold water extraction and not hot water extracted like at a detail shop. Thanks :)

2. Feb 3, 2010 at 6:47 AM
    macgyver

macgyver Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    '13 Tundra double cab SR5 4x4
    I have a Hoover Steamvac which is similar to a rug doctor. Same concept.

I have used it in vehicles before. If you dont want that damp smell you need to make sure that you go over it many times without spraying any water and suck up all the water you can out of the carpet.

Also a tip for better cleaning. I get the water boiling in a large pot on the stove then pour it in the machine. The hotter the water, the better.

Do it on a nice sunny day, leave all your windows down and let it air out outside. Or if you have a garage and some $10 box fans leave the doors open in the garage, have one fan blowing into the truck and another and the opposite side sucking the air out, that will give a good "crosswind" to dry it out. I do the box fans in the garage.

3. Feb 4, 2010 at 12:35 PM
    scott504

scott504 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ellicott City, Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4, LB, Timberland Mica
    I bought a residential rug doctor for my home and it is by far the best extractor that I have used. You can use hot water if you choose. I think the only difference with the residential and the rental are size and a little more power from the rental.

4. Feb 4, 2010 at 12:46 PM
    Zac808

Zac808 Custom User Title

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    Viva Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD DC SB 4x4
    In my sig
    I purchased a Bissell steam vac a few years ago. Great investment. I use it whenever one of the dogs get car sick. We also steam vac our carpet every couple of months or so.

5. Feb 4, 2010 at 3:48 PM
    Tsenekos

Tsenekos [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Edmonton, CANADA
    Vehicle:
    2005 DC 4WD trd offroad
    Toytec 3" lift w coils,1.5 AAL,5100's all around,diff drop kit, axel shims,N-Fab nerf bars,bestop supertop,fog mod, weathertech mats
    thanks for the help guys I think I will rent one and try it out

Products Discussed in

To Top