Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Diaz Fabrication

Notices

Devil Horns Emblem for 2005+ Tacoma

Old 09-30-2008, 05:29 AM   #1
Andres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andres
Andres's Tacoma Gallery
Devil Horns Emblem for 2005+ Tacoma

Welcome to the launch of custom emblems by Diaz Fabrication

What started as a hobby has turned into a competitive approach to offer a variety of custom aluminum emblems for front grilles and hitch covers. All emblems have been designed, fabricated and inspected to offer the best quality at a reasonable price. This batch will kick-off a total of 6 new emblems and continue to bring new emblems every four months.

Please visit DiazFabrication.com to pre-order your own emblem today!
Feel free to reach me at: andres@diazfabrication.com
PM me for discount code, code only available to TacomaWorld members.

2015 March batch:
Batch is open for pre-order for Devil Horns and Model T until March 9th.

Finish treatment:
Emblems will be sent out for finish treatment around March 12th with an expected return date of March 27th.

Shipping:
Emblems will ship as soon as they come back from finish treatment starting March 27th until April 10th. Be advised that the shipping carrier will need a few days for delivery.

Discount code!
All TW members can receive a discount, feel free to ask for discount code (discount will be applied to shipping cost).

Devil Horns, natural raw aluminum
Show below is an example of the texture after being fabricated; small visible marks left by the CNC machine are visible on the surface. People will often ask for a natural finish if they decide to custom paint it, powder coat it, etc.

Shot penning
This process consists of small round metallic particles with sufficient force to create surface deformation.
The result is an increased stress layer that hardens the outer area of the material making it stronger and more durable while leaving a grainy "sand-like" texture at the surface. Shot penning will come standard with any anodizing color.

Anodize
Anodize is a process where color is added to the aluminum at a microscopic level using chemicals and electric current.
The thickness of the anodize layer averages only a few microns of an inch, virtually noting.
For best results, shot penning will be standard on any anodized emblem.
Unfortunately due to weather conditions such as sun light, heat, moisture and salty conditions the anodize can fade over time.

Cherry red anodize with shot penning

Gun Metal Black anodize with shot penning

Speedway Blue anodize with shot penning

Horns on Fire anodize with shot penning

Single color powder coat
Powder coat is simply paint in the form of powder.
Once each emblem has been sprayed with the color powder it is "baked" in an oven at 370 degrees Fahrenheit.
The result of this process is a hard form of paint much more durable than ordinary paint and about .012 thick on average.

Shot penning with clear powder coat

Black Powder Coat (Non-shiny, mat finish)

Red Powder Coat

Nautical Blue powder coat

White Powder Coat

Polishing
Polished option removes the CNC marks and uses a polishing wheel to smooth the surface to a mirror-finish. After the emblem has been polished a layer of clear powder coat will be applied to preserve the shine. This is the closest to an original factory emblem finish.

Polished with clear powder coat (as best as it can get for that “factory installed” appearance)

Polished and black anodize

Polished and Cherry red anodize

Polished and Speedway blue anodize

Polished Horns on Fire anodize

Devil Horns:
1995-2000 Tacoma (emblem width: 4.29 inches)
2001-2004 Tacoma (emblem width: 4.45 inches)
2005-2010 Tacoma (emblem width: 5.50 inches)
2011+ Tacoma (emblem width: 6.30 inches)

1999-2002 Tundra (emblem width: 5.08 inches)
2002-2006 Tundra (emblem width: 6.30 inches)
2007+ Tundra (emblem width: 6.69 inches)

1998-2001 4Runner (emblem width: 4.05 inches, drilling on grille may be required)
2002-2004 4Runner (emblem width: 4.72 inches)
2005-2009 4Runner (emblem width: 5.50 inches)
2010+ 4Runner (emblem width: 5.91 inches)

2003-2006 Rav4 (emblem width: 5.13 inches)
2006-2008 Rav4 (emblem width: 5.92 inches)
2008-2011 Rav4 (emblem width: 6.30 inches)

1992-1995 Pickup (emblem width: 4.02 inches)
2003-2008 Corolla (emblem width: 4.31 inches)

Custom Emblems!

Emblems are made of 100% American made materials, 6061 T6 aircraft grade aluminum 3/8” thick. Emblems will have a black type3 hard anodize coating with a top brushed aluminum finish followed by a layer of protective sealer to protect the brushed aluminum surface. All emblems can be used in the front of an original Toyota with the use of a mid bracket (sold separately) or in the rear as a hitch cover with the use of a hitch bracket (sold separately). With a unique 9 hole pattern in the rear, emblems can be attached using #10-32 to an after market grille such as a satoshi grille, mesh grille or billet grille, heck they can even be a neat ornament on your wall!

Model T
Large Model T (emblem size 6.8 in. by 4.7 in, recommended for oval width 5.5in. and above)
Small Model T (emblem size 5.5 in. by 3.8 in, recommended for oval width 5.5in. and below)

Bat
Large Bat (emblem size 6.8 in. by 4.6 in, recommended for oval width 5.5in. and above)
Small Bat (emblem size 4.8 in. by 3.3 in, recommended for oval width 5.5in. and below)

Man of Steel
Large Man of Steel (emblem size 6.5 in. by 4.8 in, recommended for oval width 5.5in. and above)
Small Man of Steel (emblem size 5.4 in. by 4.0 in, recommended for oval width 5.5in. and below)

Spinal
Large Spinal (emblem size 3.9 in. by 5.0 in, recommended for oval width 5.5in. and above)
Small Spinal (emblem size 3.4 in. by 4.3 in, recommended for oval width 5.5in. and below)

Autotron
Large Autotron (emblem size 5.6 in. by 5.5 in, recommended for oval width 5.5in. and above)
Small Autotron (emblem size 4.6 in. by 4.5 in, recommended for oval width 5.5in. and below)

Deceptible
Large Deceptible (emblem size 4.9 in. by 5.5 in, recommended for oval width 5.5in. and above)
Small Deceptible (emblem size 4.0 in. by 4.5 in, recommended for oval width 5.5in. and below)
*Forgive the lack of black anodize in this emblem, this is an error but the final product will have black anodize

Bigote

Large Bigote (emblem size 7.9 in. by2.0 in, recommended for oval width 5.5in. and above)

Small Bigote (emblem size 6.0 in. by 1.5 in, recommended for oval width 5.5in. and below)

Mid Bracket
Mid bracket is a mounting hardware required for the installation of Model T emblem onto original Toyota grilles. This bracket is installed between the original grill and the Model T emblem. While designing the Model T emblem, I came to realize that by having a standard bracket mounted on the original Toyota grille would allot me not only to mount other types of emblems, but also facilitate the fabrication process, minimize material use and diversify the use of Model T and further upcoming emblems. Mid Bracket is not needed if using mesh/satoshi after market grilles. Every Mid Bracket will be shot penned and have black hard anodized and brushed aluminum on the logo. (Below are products not yet treated for finish)

2005-2010 Tacoma (emblem width: 5.50 inches)
2011+ Tacoma (emblem width: 6.30 inches)
2007+ Tundra (emblem width: 6.69 inches)

Hitch bracket
Forgive my Raw presentation of the hitch bracket, as of now it is only a 3D printed model of the final product. Hitch bracket will be a simple
2-piece welded aluminum bracket shot penned and black anodized and will be available for class 3 or 4 type receivers (2.0" by 2.0").

Installation requirements:

*5/32" Allen wrench
*5 minutes of your time (in most cases)

Installation Info:
There's very little skills required for the installation of Devil Horns. I have made it as easy as I could for anyone to install this emblem using 10-32 screws and washers with minimal time. This would be the typical installation scenario:
*Open the hood of your vehicle.
*With your fingers, gently remove the emblem by pressing the tabs closer to each other (older models may require removing screws).
*Locate Devil Horns / Mid Bracket onto factory or after market grill and finger-tighten provided screws and washers to the emblem.
(If using Model T emblem, install emblem onto Mid Bracket first)
*Snugly tighten all screws with a 5/32" Allen wrench also know as hex key.
*Take your truck for a ride to display your newly installed emblem. = ]

It brings me joy reading about every one of you and receiving pictures of your cars/trucks. I will try my best to keep these emblems available, but I fear someday I will have stop making them. For the time being, I'm having my kicks making them for Toyota vehicles and I hope to keep making them for some time. It is my pleasure to bring you a unique item not sold or made anywhere else.

Sincerely,

Andres Diaz
Fabricating Devil Horns since 2008
andres@diazfabrication.com

Rules:
1) PRODUCT OFFERED TWICE A YEAR ONLY
Devil Horns is fabricated twice a year usually in the months of April and October due to an agreement with Toyota’s legal department.
No Devil Horns will be sold outside of these two time frames per year.

2) LIST
All year long I update a list of people interested in purchasing Devil Horns and notify them once the current batch is open. If you are interested in Devil Horns please send me a PM or email and I will gladly put you in that list.

3) BE CAREFUL WHERE YOU SELL DEVIL HORNS!!!
Copyright infringement is a serious offense and eBay is notorious for tracking illegal and unlawful content, copyright infringements, etc. Please don't sell this emblem on eBay; I may never get another change in making them again. If you have an emblem for sale I can help you find a buyer or you can safely post what you have for sale at the following site, a price and brief description is sufficient:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...de-andres.html
Old 09-30-2008, 07:41 AM   #2
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
neat. Do you have any pics of how it attaches?
Old 09-30-2008, 07:48 AM   #3
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
Hey your ebay ad says it only fits 05 and up (with the 4 allen bolts). how hard would it be to mod it to fit the 1st gen tacomas? think some 3M tape would hold it?
Old 09-30-2008, 08:02 AM   #4
Andres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndres is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andres
Andres's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have any pics of the back where it bolts but I assure you it's held tight. The slip locking washers make a big difference, they maintain tension between the head of the bolt and the surface that is is bolted on while normal washers wouldn't do that.
The reason why they are only for 2005+ tacomas is that the outter oval varies from each toyota Model. The oval for the first generation tacoma is much smaller. I'm waiting for a grill to be shipped so i can take measurements and begin fabrication. I have about 20 emblems left for 2005+ tacomas, after that no more devil horns.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:48 AM   #7
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
Paint it Orange

UT!!!! Hook em Horns!
Old 09-30-2008, 09:02 AM   #8
Casey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant future

Name: Casey
Casey05Taco's Tacoma Gallery
finally made it here i see lol. I think these things look awesome especially the black one
Old 09-30-2008, 09:09 AM   #9
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
friggin awesome man!! if you ever make one for the first gen tacoma, in black, im definitely getting one!!!
Old 10-02-2008, 11:48 AM   #11
Go Braves!
blake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chazz Michael Michaels
blake1012's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
friggin awesome man!! if you ever make one for the first gen tacoma, in black, im definitely getting one!!!
x2........good work.....
Old 10-02-2008, 12:16 PM   #12
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
amazing!! LOVE the horns. Great product.

You should charge MORE! ..But wait a few days until AFTER I order mine.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:44 AM   #13
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
i have one i can post pics this weekend
Old 10-03-2008, 07:07 PM   #14
BioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant future
BioMed80's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered mine. Can't wait to get it. Andres has been great to work with up to this point. Very quick responses and service. I'll post with updates after I get it and put it on. Thanks Andres.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:15 PM   #15
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
I've got one. A lot of people have done doubletakes when they see it. I haven't received any complaints either!

Old 10-23-2008, 07:34 AM   #16
Ben_Schwarz_09 is on a distinguished road
Ben_Schwarz_09's Tacoma Gallery
how do i buy these things, i want one... do i need to go to ebay or wut?
Old 10-23-2008, 07:51 AM   #18
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_Schwarz_09 View Post
how do i buy these things, i want one... do i need to go to ebay or wut?

look at the 1st post in this thread
Old 10-23-2008, 07:53 AM   #19
Ben_Schwarz_09 is on a distinguished road
Ben_Schwarz_09's Tacoma Gallery
...yeah i saw that after
Old 10-23-2008, 07:55 AM   #20
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
tomorrow is payday, if I remember, I might have to come back here tomorrow...