Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Discount Tire Direct

Notices

Great job Discount Tire

Old 12-22-2011, 06:02 PM   #1
The One The Only
rhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mitchell
rhion82's Tacoma Gallery
Great job Discount Tire

So today I went to the Discount Tire store in Alcoa, Tn to get my new set of Falken Rocky Mountains put on and I couldn't be any more happier with the job they did. I couldn't even get in the store without a sales rep (Corey) come out and started talking to me about what I was needing done. Once I told him what I needed he was already done with the order and convinced me that I should get the certificate warranty on them which I did. After everything was said and done I had spent $1005 on a set of 285/75/16 rocky Mountains. I was only in there for less then a hour when I saw Them pull my truck out of the shop. they did a great job and I had the best tire buying experience ever there. It made the hour drive worthwhile. I will make sure to tell everyone about it. Which reminds me I need to fill out the rebate form tonight.

Thanks discount Tire.

Here is a bad picture it does no justice for the tires.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:09 PM   #2
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good. I haven't really had any experience with them but do like Discount Tire from what little I know of them.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:06 AM   #3
Wheel and Tire Guys
Discount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant future

Discount Tire Direct's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhion82 View Post
So today I went to the Discount Tire store in Alcoa, Tn to get my new set of Falken Rocky Mountains put on and I couldn't be any more happier with the job they did. I couldn't even get in the store without a sales rep (Corey) come out and started talking to me about what I was needing done. Once I told him what I needed he was already done with the order and convinced me that I should get the certificate warranty on them which I did. After everything was said and done I had spent $1005 on a set of 285/75/16 rocky Mountains. I was only in there for less then a hour when I saw Them pull my truck out of the shop. they did a great job and I had the best tire buying experience ever there. It made the hour drive worthwhile. I will make sure to tell everyone about it. Which reminds me I need to fill out the rebate form tonight.

Thanks discount Tire.

Here is a bad picture it does no justice for the tires.
Thank you for sharing your experience with us here We appreciate your support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
Looks good. I haven't really had any experience with them but do like Discount Tire from what little I know of them.
We would love to earn your business When you're in the market for new tires and/or wheels let us know. We guarantee the lowest out the door price on all the products we carry.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:23 AM   #4
GO JETS GO
LMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
LMR's Tacoma Gallery
Just got my Hankook Dynapros from Discount Tire, excellent customer service and pricing is the lowest. Thanks guys..
Old 12-23-2011, 08:32 AM   #5
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
I get almost all my tires from discount tire. They are just easy to deal with and are pretty quick. The one by my house is always packed so you gotta make an apt most of the time but they tend to hook you up.

My only one complaint about them, is that I almost ALWAYS catch their tech's using the air tools to torque down my lug nuts. I ask them not to do this when I take in my car since one time they sheered off my lug nuts on my wife's civic and when they backed it out of the shop the wheel came off and the car hit the ground. They fixed it, admitted fault but still, on my paper work it clearly stated 'hand torque lug nuts' which they didn't do.

Other than that, gotta love discount tire, been going to them for 20 years.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:22 AM   #6
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
My only one complaint about them, is that I almost ALWAYS catch their tech's using the air tools to torque down my lug nuts. I ask them not to do this when I take in my car since one time they sheered off my lug nuts on my wife's civic and when they backed it out of the shop the wheel came off and the car hit the ground. They fixed it, admitted fault but still, on my paper work it clearly stated 'hand torque lug nuts' which they didn't do.

NTB broke a couple studs on a former truck of mine one time. This was years ago but from what I can remember they couldn't fix it because they didn't have the right lugs, I wound up fixing it myself. From what I can remember they tried to say it wasn't their fault due to some anti seeze that was on them caused the metal to soften causing them to twist and break. Ever since I've tried to rotate my own tires. Don't have a lot of choice when buying new tires though. I think they all use the air guns. Not saying its right or ok.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:34 PM   #7
Dutchman is on a distinguished road
Dutchman's Tacoma Gallery
"convinced me that I should get the certificate warranty on them which I did"

Yep - you and the salesman both had a great day.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:38 PM   #8
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wesley
Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
They look good, glad you went white out. I think it looks sharp on that truck.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:07 AM   #9
BlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant futureBlueSteel has a brilliant future

Law Enforcement:
Name: James
BlueSteel's Tacoma Gallery
I just hit-up my local Discount Tire Store to have my 285's balanced and rotated and they shaved paint off all my Monster wheels when they balanced them . I discussed it with the Manager and they gave me a $150.00 voucher for tires, but that seems low since repairing them would cost twice that. I will see about getting a free tire since mine need to be replaced in about 8K. I would definitely verify if your store has a teflon or silicone lining on the balance nut before snugging your wheel to the balancer.

I purchased my wheels and tires through them. I don't think that I will use Discount Tire in the future but they have tried to remedy the problem every time.

First Time: Dropped a socket on my new wheel and chipped the paint.

Second Time: Over Tightened the center cap screws and striped the threads on 2 wheels.

Third Time: Did not tighten the center cap screw enough and it fell off on the highway.

Fourth Time: Shaved Paint off all my Wheels from Balancer.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:07 PM   #10
Wheel and Tire Guys
Discount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant future

Discount Tire Direct's Tacoma Gallery
^I'm sorry to hear about your experience. If you aren't happy with the compensation that was given to you I recommend speaking with your store manager again. We want to continue to earn your business.

If you have any trouble, PM us here and we'll help you get in contact with your store manager or regional office.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:15 PM   #11
Schenko is on a distinguished road
Army: cav scout
Schenko's Tacoma Gallery
ive had nothing but good experience with discount tire they took care of me when i was in a tough situation. as far as the air tool use goes, as a former mechanic the only cars i would bother with hand torquing are high end cars. a tacoma should be able to handle an impact at the low setting and trust me if it cant then you really dont want to be driving around on those studs anyways. back when i did roadside repair i dealt with many cars that had lugs sheer off while driving. better to find out in the shop than on the road. and some people say that its caused by the impact but honestly at the low torque setting on an impact it doesnt have that kind of force. this is just my opinion though.