Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Discount Tire Direct

Notices

Discount Tire can't be beat

Old 10-03-2012, 10:42 AM   #21
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
agree. i got my 265/75 R16 nittos. DT is about 35 to 40 min from me. i still saved money even with gas. i looked at another small tire shop and OTD they wanted like $150 to $200 more.

edit: we usually get from tire rack, but will be switching to DT.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:47 AM   #23
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruler View Post
how do we go about getting a quote ? Do we have to visit our local DT location? Or can we get a quote on here ?
i called the local DT.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:39 PM   #24
Wheel and Tire Guys
Discount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant future

Discount Tire Direct's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruler View Post
how do we go about getting a quote ? Do we have to visit our local DT location? Or can we get a quote on here ?
For the most accurate quote please call your local Discount Tire or America's Tire location. If you don't have a Discount Tire or America's Tire location near you please call our mail order division at 1.888.459.4080. Anyone here would be happy to help you. We can run through multiple options and can quickly explain your tire warranty and TPMS options if you need them. If you aren't quite ready to buy, thats ok, we can save a quote in our system for future reference if you would like.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:46 PM   #25
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
I called. Couldn't beat amazon prime's prices. Same tire as listed in the OP. 255/85/16 BFG KM2. The guy seemed surprised at that though. Shipping to AK kills most deals, not sure how Amazon prime is able to offer that and still make money.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:29 AM   #26
JimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud of
Name: Jim
JimBCa's Tacoma Gallery
For the last 15 years have purchased my tires from Costco and have been very happy. I always used BF Goodrich KO's on my truck and Michelin on the car and they lasted between 60 - 70k. They do tires and stand behind them well.

Most of my friends have been going to American Tire stores around here.

This time, with my new Tacoma I wanted to try Duratrac which Costco did not carry. Went to AT store closest to my work, to check the tires out. While waiting for some assistance, (they were very busy), observed the business. The shop was clean, nice appearance, and the employees very attentive. They seemed to know their stuff.

My turn, the fellow took me back to the stack to show me the tire, they didn't have my size in stock, but could have them in three hours. Decided to wait and come in on a Saturday morning. I got there about 15 min before they opened to drink my coffee and read the paper. Soon customers started arriving, and I watched the employees inside kind of have a quick huddle, and looked like they were going over the morning appointment list. 8:00 AM, the doors opened and customers started flowing in, some that got there even as the doors opened, were kind of pushing there way to the front on the line. I was in no hurry, so let them. The staff started waiting on them, meanwhile a tech came directly to me, with clip board in hand, to verify my order, pointed me to the coffee, and asked for my keys. They had my truck done in 30 min, with my old/2000 mile tires loaded in the back of the truck. Went over the hazard protection plan, and I was out of there before 9.

Having been around tires for a long time, (Dad had a service shop) headed out to the freeway to check the ride, sound and balance. Varied my speeds, even taking it up to 85. No vibration, smooth ride, and loved the mellow hum of the tires.

I still love my Costco, but this is my new tire store, based on variety of product, price, and most important, service.

3,000 miles so far and happy, itchin to get them in the snow, and off road though
Old 12-17-2012, 09:27 AM   #27
Wheel and Tire Guys
Discount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant future

Awesome! Thank you for sharing your experience with us here JimBCa.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:34 AM   #28
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Wish the store policies weren't so stringent. Went in to the new Discount that opened in town for a rotation and they wouldn't touch the truck since it had the 1" wheel spacers on the front. Went to the tire shop two doors down instead.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:07 AM   #29
CowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CowboyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Well, I'm glad people are having good experiences with them. This is kind of making reconsider giving them another try.

I had a bad experience back in college. the DT in Tallahassee lifted my car with floor jacks, but did not take the time to properly align the jack and the lift point of my vehicle. The result was lifting the car by the side skirts, which caused the double sided tape and plastic clips to break. It also ripped out the screws that held it in place on the front. The manager was a nice enough guy, but would not accept responsibility for his employees mistake.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:15 AM   #30
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
I called. Couldn't beat amazon prime's prices. Same tire as listed in the OP. 255/85/16 BFG KM2. The guy seemed surprised at that though. Shipping to AK kills most deals, not sure how Amazon prime is able to offer that and still make money.
Did you tell Discount you found them at a better price?
When I got my 255/85/16 BFG KM2s I found a better price than Discount offered, told them about it & they beat it.
Shop around find the best deal & Discount will beat it.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:16 AM   #31
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
Wish the store policies weren't so stringent. Went in to the new Discount that opened in town for a rotation and they wouldn't touch the truck since it had the 1" wheel spacers on the front. Went to the tire shop two doors down instead.
Weird. I have spacers all around and get mine rotated all the time
Old 12-17-2012, 02:35 PM   #32
3 7 Mafia
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Weird. I have spacers all around and get mine rotated all the time
Not in Denver
Old 01-01-2013, 05:53 PM   #33
Morto un papa, se ne fa un'altro
motorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: EOD TEU1, MU 8, BUD/s 225, MA 9545
Name: Jason
motorsport36's Tacoma Gallery
Local Firestone is doing 315/70/17 Desert Dueller revo 2's for 239 and Discount wont match...wtf?
Old 01-01-2013, 06:00 PM   #34
3 7 Mafia
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorsport36 View Post
Local Firestone is doing 315/70/17 Desert Dueller revo 2's for 239 and Discount wont match...wtf?
Thats rare, usually DT will match anyone
Old 01-01-2013, 06:02 PM   #35
Morto un papa, se ne fa un'altro
motorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: EOD TEU1, MU 8, BUD/s 225, MA 9545
Name: Jason
motorsport36's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I need some 315's real soon here!!
Old 01-01-2013, 06:19 PM   #36
celec is on a distinguished road
celec's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my last set of Michelin from them. Called with a better price, service agent didnt even ask from where, he beat it by 15 bucks. Next time I'm definitely buying from them again.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:21 PM   #37
BlindingWhiteTac. is just really niceBlindingWhiteTac. is just really niceBlindingWhiteTac. is just really niceBlindingWhiteTac. is just really niceBlindingWhiteTac. is just really nice
Name: Thomas
BlindingWhiteTac.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
Irony...
LOL
Old 01-01-2013, 06:32 PM   #38
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Whats it like if you have to warrenty a tire..call them up and they send you a new one if you have the road hazzard?
Old 01-01-2013, 06:48 PM   #39
boatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: boat coxswain,USS SIMON LAKE AS-33
Name: carl
boatswain's Tacoma Gallery
We need some of these in PA!!

HINT-HINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-02-2013, 09:20 AM   #40
Wheel and Tire Guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
We're sorry for the trouble. Give your local Discount Tire store a chance again. If you have a problem with this again please send us a PM with the store location. We have some new training implemented now and as long as your spacers are bolted on your local store should have no issues servicing your vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorsport36 View Post
I'm not sure why you didn't get a price match. I would recommend speaking with the store manager. Maybe they can explain the reason(s). Some product is exclusive to Firestone locations so that may have been the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
Whats it like if you have to warrenty a tire..call them up and they send you a new one if you have the road hazzard?
If you have a warranty issue and you purchase from a local store, bring it back and the store will help you with it. If you ordered through Discount Tire Direct, call our customer care department and explain the issue. Most of the time we can handle everything over the phone, on a rare occasion we may require the bad tire to be sent back to us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by celec View Post
I bought my last set of Michelin from them. Called with a better price, service agent didnt even ask from where, he beat it by 15 bucks. Next time I'm definitely buying from them again.
Thank you for your support, we look forward to helping you again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatswain View Post
We need some of these in PA!!

HINT-HINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We may be in PA someday. We're opening more new stores every year. We have over 850 locations and counting!