Discount Tire can't be beat

Old 04-10-2013, 03:31 AM   #41
pjs42 is on a distinguished road

Army: Enginering
Name: Steve
pjs42's Tacoma Gallery
I'm also looking at Wheels , I like there prices
Old 04-15-2013, 11:53 AM   #42
CowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CowboyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboyTaco View Post
Well, I'm glad people are having good experiences with them. This is kind of making reconsider giving them another try.

I had a bad experience back in college. the DT in Tallahassee lifted my car with floor jacks, but did not take the time to properly align the jack and the lift point of my vehicle. The result was lifting the car by the side skirts, which caused the double sided tape and plastic clips to break. It also ripped out the screws that held it in place on the front. The manager was a nice enough guy, but would not accept responsibility for his employees mistake.
Well, after several positive reviews, and a good recommendation from a buddy at work. I decided to give DT another shot. I was very pleased with the prices, professionalism, knowledge, friendliness and amount of time I spent at the shop.

I just put some General Grabber AT2s on my wife's SUV. I had to special order tires in her size, and everything went as smooth as possible. I set an appointment and was in and out in 30 minutes.

Old 04-15-2013, 02:38 PM   #43
Wheel and Tire Guys
Discount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant future

Discount Tire Direct's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you for giving us another shot, CowboyTaco! We appreciate your support.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:29 PM   #44
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Moe
Mainmoe02's Tacoma Gallery
Will they mount and warranty?

1st question is will DT mount any size tire and warranty them? I have a 2001 tacoma and Want the 255/85/16 bfg km2. I just put a 3" suspension lift, now time for bigger tires!

Some places won't mount tires on your vehicle if they are more than 3% over stock size.

Has anyone ever been to Costco or SAMs club for tires? The price I was quoted at both SAMs and Costco for the KM2'= $237 per tire. Thats a $50 savings per tire, compared to DT. Only problem there is they won't mount tires bigger than 3% of stock height.

Maybe Discount Tire will match their price??? My set I have on my truck now is from discount. They have great service and I would like to continue going there, but for the price difference, it's a tough choice!

Otherwise I'll have to borrow a friends size 33" tires, put them on my truck, drive to Costco, and save $200. The only way Costco will put that big of a tire on my truck is if I drove in with that same size already. Plus they have a good warranty.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:10 PM   #45
Morto un papa, se ne fa un'altro
motorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: EOD TEU1, MU 8, BUD/s 225, MA 9545
Name: Jason
motorsport36's Tacoma Gallery
Don't bring the truck into Sam's or Costco...Just bring the wheels
Old 05-28-2013, 02:04 AM   #46
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainmoe02 View Post
1st question is will DT mount any size tire and warranty them? I have a 2001 tacoma and Want the 255/85/16 bfg km2. I just put a 3" suspension lift, now time for bigger tires!

Some places won't mount tires on your vehicle if they are more than 3% over stock size.

Has anyone ever been to Costco or SAMs club for tires? The price I was quoted at both SAMs and Costco for the KM2'= $237 per tire. Thats a $50 savings per tire, compared to DT. Only problem there is they won't mount tires bigger than 3% of stock height.

Maybe Discount Tire will match their price??? My set I have on my truck now is from discount. They have great service and I would like to continue going there, but for the price difference, it's a tough choice!

Otherwise I'll have to borrow a friends size 33" tires, put them on my truck, drive to Costco, and save $200. The only way Costco will put that big of a tire on my truck is if I drove in with that same size already. Plus they have a good warranty.
If they can verify that price on-line Discount will beat it! It's worth a call.
When I got mine Discount Tire Direct wanted $215 each, local Discount wanted $205 & Tire Rack wanted $198. I told local Discount and they countered with $190.
Yes they will warranty them.
I drove in on 245/75/16 Dungflops on stock steelies with 1st Gen TRDs wheels in the back and drove away on 255/85/16 BFG KM2s with Dungflops on steelies in the back.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:36 PM   #47
Wheel and Tire Guys
Discount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainmoe02 View Post

Yes, if Costco's advertised price is less then ours we'll beat it. As for mounting tires and wheels, as long as the tire is approved for the wheel's width AND the tire is load rated for your vehicle we will mount them for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
When I got mine Discount Tire Direct wanted $215 each, local Discount wanted $205 & Tire Rack wanted $198. I told local Discount and they countered with $190.
I drove in on 245/75/16 Dungflops on stock steelies with 1st Gen TRDs wheels in the back and drove away on 255/85/16 BFG KM2s with Dungflops on steelies in the back.
Correct! We match Tire Rack's delivered prices (unit price + shipping). Thank you for chiming in!
Old 05-28-2013, 02:50 PM   #48
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discount Tire Direct View Post
Correct! We match TireRack's delivered prices (unit price + shipping). Thank you for chiming in!
Tire Rack is local for me so no shipping.
But local Discount Tire beat them
Old 05-28-2013, 05:11 PM   #49
Wheel and Tire Guys

Even better! Thanks again for giving us the chance to earn your business.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:28 AM   #50
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorsport36 View Post
Don't bring the truck into Sam's or Costco...Just bring the wheels
I wish. If I brought just the wheels they wouldn't warranty the tires. They have to mount the tire on the vehicle in order to have the warranty.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:32 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
Wow, i wish i could buy the KM2's for $190 a piece! I'm guessing price has gone up? Tire rack price is $217 + 115 for shipping = $247 per tire. I guess Costco is the cheapest, I'll take their price into Discount and hopefully they can beat it

I do like the service at discount so hopefully it all works out