Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Discount Tire Direct

Notices

From Concept to Production...Level 8 MK6

Old 04-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #21
Wheel and Tire Guys
Discount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant future

Discount Tire Direct's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
Excuse my ignorance, but an 8" wheel with 0 offset has a 4" backspacing right?
An 8" wide wheel with 0 offset gives you a 4.5" BS. Check out this write-up we put together on offset and backspace.

http://thesquealingtire.com/offset-b...they-relate-4/

This chart will help as well

Old 04-12-2013, 11:34 AM   #22
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
That makes sense now. I never knew to add 1" for the wheel flange. Stock TRD off road wheels are 5.5" back spacing correct? So these will stick out app. 1" further?
Old 04-12-2013, 01:47 PM   #23
Wheel and Tire Guys
Discount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
That makes sense now. I never knew to add 1" for the wheel flange. Stock TRD off road wheels are 5.5" back spacing correct? So these will stick out app. 1" further?
An 8" wide wheel with 0 offset will sit about 1.69" further out when compared to where your factory 16x7 +30 offset (5.18" BS) wheels sit now. This is because of the wider wheel width and lower offset
Old 04-14-2013, 02:01 PM   #24
Eternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Eternal24k's Tacoma Gallery
I just ordered a set, are there any Black TRD center caps that will work?
Old 04-15-2013, 08:44 AM   #25
Eternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shedEternal24k is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Would these take 20 degree or 40 degree TPMS sensors?
Old 04-15-2013, 12:25 PM   #26
Wheel and Tire Guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal24k View Post
I just ordered a set, are there any Black TRD center caps that will work?

Would these take 20 degree or 40 degree TPMS sensors?
Awesome, looking forward to seeing some pics. I'm not sure if there is a black TRD cap that fits.

OE TPMS sensors from aluminum wheels will work in these but the OE steel wheel TPMS sensors will not work. I believe the ones that fit are 40 degree.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:43 AM   #27
snappypics is on a distinguished road
Army: Intel
Name: Aaron
snappypics's Tacoma Gallery
Just got my Level 8 MK6's with new DuraTracs installed this morning at the DT in Fort Wayne. I will post some pics this afternoon, but damn they look good!
Old 04-16-2013, 11:02 AM   #28
Wheel and Tire Guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappypics View Post
Just got my Level 8 MK6's with new DuraTracs installed this morning at the DT in Fort Wayne. I will post some pics this afternoon, but damn they look good!
Awesome!!!
Old 04-16-2013, 11:09 AM   #29
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discount Tire Direct View Post
Awesome!!!
bring it! Help feed my wheel and tire fetish
Old 04-16-2013, 11:13 AM   #30
dirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirtymike is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: mike
dirtymike's Tacoma Gallery
So do you have 17x9 with 4.5" backspacing?
Old 04-16-2013, 11:36 AM   #31
Wheel and Tire Guys

^Black and Gunmetal are being unloaded at Level 8 right now. Bronze is still on order. We should have stock of the Gunmetal and Black in the next few days. If you order today ETA to your door would be about 7-10 days.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:40 AM   #32
brochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud of

Name: Ryan
brochacho's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered mine! 17x8 black.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:50 AM   #33
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Old 04-17-2013, 09:18 AM   #34
brochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud ofbrochacho has much to be proud of

Name: Ryan
brochacho's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teneighty View Post
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/dis...led-today.html
Old 04-17-2013, 09:36 AM   #35
Wheel and Tire Guys

Snappypics Taco, 16x8:
Old 04-17-2013, 09:45 AM   #36
tacocass is on a distinguished road

Name: cass
tacocass's Tacoma Gallery
man these wheels look great!! bronze for sure!!
Old 04-17-2013, 09:58 AM   #37
sirwillysc is on a distinguished road
Name: Will
sirwillysc's Tacoma Gallery
I couldnt find these 16x8
Old 04-17-2013, 10:28 AM   #38
tacocass is on a distinguished road

Name: cass
tacocass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirwillysc View Post
I believe you have to call and order the 16x8 they are just now starting to fill their warehouses...
Old 04-17-2013, 02:48 PM   #39
Army:
Quote:
I'm guessing the are off the site until the get back in stock, the black ones were on their site but gone now
Old 04-17-2013, 02:52 PM   #40
Wheel and Tire Guys

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacocass View Post
I believe you have to call and order the 16x8 they are just now starting to fill their warehouses...

Correct. We had ordered a few sets and they were sold before they even got to us. We've ordered more in and can set you up with a set whenever you are ready to order. Just give us a call at 1.888.459.4080. Anyone here would be happy to help you.

As soon as the product hits our inventory, (as long as it doesn't immediately get shipped out to a customer) they will show up on our website.