Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Downsouth Motorsports

Notices

Are there any deals on the Bilstien 5100

Old 08-22-2010, 03:05 PM   #1
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Are there any deals on the Bilstien 5100

Looking for front and back set for my buddy. BE5-C477-TO & 478-TO...

My discount code only works on fronts.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:52 AM   #2
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
Good In stock here at DSM and the discount code for all "4" is
BIL0509
Thanks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
Looking for front and back set for my buddy. BE5-C477-TO & 478-TO...

My discount code only works on fronts.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:47 PM   #3
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Thumbs up Once again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downsouth Motorsports View Post
BIL0509
Thanks,

Thanks...
Old 08-25-2010, 10:05 AM   #4
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downsouth Motorsports View Post
BIL0509
Thanks,
Awesome...Worked for me.

To anyone else...make sure you don't put a space after the code.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:09 PM   #5
BGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to allBGrutter is a name known to all
Name: Baron
BGrutter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veccster View Post
Awesome...Worked for me.

To anyone else...make sure you don't put a space after the code.
Wow, and I shoulda known that... I'm an idiot. I was about to post for an updated code. Good looking out
Old 10-12-2010, 09:28 PM   #6
dustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dustinclm's Tacoma Gallery
im looking into getting a set of 4 of the 5100's for my truck,and i have questions..do i need to discard the front spacers i already have for my lift? could anyone give me a part #/price? 2001 2.7L 2wd prerunner, thanks
Old 10-12-2010, 09:38 PM   #7
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a link to the 5100s page on the site:
http://downsouthmotorsports.com/b-61...ce-shocks.html

And here is a link to the TW thread with the discount codes & how to use them: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...sm-update.html

And as for the spacers, we would recommend eliminating them and using the shocks for lift. But you can also keep the spacers, but you must install the shocks at the "stock" or zero lift setting if you do so.

Marco @ DSM
Old 10-12-2010, 09:41 PM   #8
Leadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Leadgolem's Tacoma Gallery
I'd remove the front spacers if it was me. The 5100's front lift is a suspension preload. Basically, it does the same thing as a top nut spacer just in a different location. Don't know a part# but they are 350 for the whole set on toytec. http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

You can pm username "ToyTec Lifts" for a discount code. They are a vendor on here as well.

EDIT: Wow, downsouth does have a better price. Even with the toytec code.

EDIT2: Just in case it hasn't come up yet, these shocks do not lift the rear of the truck one bit.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:52 PM   #9
dustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thanks, i will call tomorrow! just another question or two...i know that i wont know how much better the truck will ride untill i put them on, but i am on a college budget so im just making sure it would make the ride more comfortable than the already installed spacers...also, i have 3" blocks in the back, the 5100's will work in the rear with blocks, i dont need the 5125's? lastly, will these do any to level the truck, as it is the back is just a hair higher than the front and i dont want to lose any height in the front by removing the spacers
Old 10-12-2010, 09:56 PM   #10
rv210 will become famous soon enoughrv210 will become famous soon enough

Name: robert
rv210's Tacoma Gallery
I bought mine from dsm and installed hem at 1.75 and I love it
Old 10-12-2010, 10:04 PM   #11
Leadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The 5100's have the additional travel you need when doing a lift. They should be fine on the rear with 3" spacers.

If your not going to remove the blocks on the front the 5100 would need to be set at the lowest snap ring position. So they wouldn't do anything to lift your truck more. If you want to go over 3" you really need to get new springs, and UCA's.

How big of spacers do you have on the front?

With a the snap rings set to either 0 or the 1.25, this being the middle of 3 grooves available, the ride is better then stock with no modifications. At 2.5, the top ring position, the ride is slightly stiffer.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:37 PM   #12

the spacers are for a 3" kit but i just went measure the spacer ad it is only 2.25" http://www.tuffcountry.com/suspensio...lift-kits.html that is the kit i have...so i should get just a little more height with the 5100's when i take out the spacers if im not mistaken. eventhough it may be stiffer than stock, i cant see it being like it is now, its pretty darn stiff
Old 10-12-2010, 10:51 PM   #13

Actually, you'll get about 1/2 less with the billies. Your current spacers are probably providing you with an actual 3" of lift. Putting top nut spacers on changes the amount you lift more then the actual spacer size.

Draw a triange in your head with the upper control arm being one side of a triangle. Another side of it is the lower control arm. The third being the tire. Now, the shock is inboard of the tire. So lengthening the triangle there has a proportionately larger effect on the length of the side of the triangle with the actual tire as it's side. Basically, you are closer to the pivot point of the triangle. Putting in a spacer is like putting a board or something near the hinge on a door so it won't open all the way.

If you want to you can keep your spacers there and just install the new front shocks at 0, the lowest snap ring position. The billies really are superior shocks and should help with the ride even with the spacers.