Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Downsouth Motorsports

Notices

more DSMS awesomeness!!!

Old 02-27-2011, 08:09 PM   #1
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up more DSMS awesomeness!!!

after having my 5100's for a while....and not liking the ride anymore, decided to go with ome nitrochargers to replace the 5100's. after pm's/price checks with a few places.......i ended up ordering from Marco over at DSMS. cool thing is,they dont carry them, but they ordered them for me....... and they were cheaper than any other place i checked.

bar none...........best customer service there is belong to Sonny, Marco and the rest of the folks at Downsouth Motorsports!!!

thanks guys!! much appreciated for all ya'll do for the folks here at TW!!
Old 02-27-2011, 08:12 PM   #2
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wesley
Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
Thats awesome to hear! Lets see some pictures when you get it on
Old 02-27-2011, 08:16 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope953 View Post
Thats awesome to hear! Lets see some pictures when you get it on

did it all Saturday, but didnt get and rear pics.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:11 AM   #4
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
I would agree with you Will. Marco has gone FAR ABOVE what I consider good customer service to help me match a new set of springs to my coilovers. It has been greatly appreciated. DSM is the first place I will go for suspension and other parts from now on.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:26 AM   #5
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
I would agree with you Will. Marco has gone FAR ABOVE what I consider good customer service to help me match a new set of springs to my coilovers. It has been greatly appreciated. DSM is the first place I will go for suspension and other parts from now on.
what did you end up going with?
Old 04-26-2011, 06:33 AM   #7
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
16" 750# kings.

My skyjackers coilovers had 14 3/4" 675# originally.

how are you liking your new springs?
holy shite...

i love mine so far. took almost 2 weeks for them to settle a lil bit.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:36 AM   #10
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
didnt you get the 16" 750#?
16x700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
How much did they settle?
they settled to just under 39" last i measured.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:40 AM   #12
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Jamie I believe your front is a couple hundred pounds lighter than mine. AP front and no winch right?
AP - winch + ATO IFS. plan on getting the other 2 ATO skids as well and taking this terrible hunk o junk off the front and going w/ something else.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:47 AM   #14
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
How is the ride on the 700#'s ?

Plus I have the added weight of the long bed, wonder how much that really is?
right now they feel a bit stiffer than i was running, but those WE coils were shot, so that's expected. i like the way it rides now. now that i've backed down to a 33 again, I was able to remove the sway bar...again. not much body roll at all w/ these coils up front.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:50 AM   #15
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

My thoughts exactly. I'm doing away with the sway bar when I swap the new spring in, I'm expecting the 750's to be stiffer. Marco was under the impression my valving would be ok moving to the new springs. what was the original weight on your WE springs?
Old 04-26-2011, 06:52 AM   #16
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
My thoughts exactly. I'm doing away with the sway bar when I swap the new spring in, I'm expecting the 750's to be stiffer. Marco was under the impression my valving would be ok moving to the new springs. what was the original weight on your WE springs?
marco talked to both AP and WE and they both claimed the springs were a 14x600, yet the part number on the spring pointed to a 14x650.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:56 AM   #17
East Bound and Down

Since my coilovers are a Skyjacker/Fox collaboration there was a little confusion with my specs also. Oh'well I'm confident with what we settled on. I still believe the 750's will ride ok because they will not have to be preloaded so much.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:59 AM   #18
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Since my coilovers are a Skyjacker/Fox collaboration there was a little confusion with my specs also. Oh'well I'm confident with what we settled on. I still believe the 750's will ride ok because they will not have to be preloaded so much.
bingo. i went from 3 1/4" and 3 1/2" of thred to 3/4" and 1 1/8" now. may need to add a tiny bit later if they continue to drop any.

that extra 2" of coil makes a difference
Old 04-26-2011, 07:11 AM   #20
East Bound and Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
bingo. i went from 3 1/4" and 3 1/2" of thred to 3/4" and 1 1/8" now. may need to add a tiny bit later if they continue to drop any.

that extra 2" of coil makes a difference
So how much did you have to compress the 16" to fit in on the shock body.

lol this is getting terrible...