Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Downsouth Motorsports

Notices

Down South Motorsports UCA's made by desert products

Old 03-03-2011, 10:30 AM   #3
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
my replacement UCAs will probably be these. i like the 3* of caster built in and the boxed design.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:15 AM   #5
Tepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: NY STATE POLICE-Investigator (RET)
Name: Ted
Tepidy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
DO NOT GET CHROME BALLS....CALL HIM AND MAKE SURE THEY ARE STAINLESS.
The alignment sleeves are stainless, and are enclosed with the stainless sleeves and teflon.
part number used on these arms is
1” Uni-Ball: FK WSSX16T
Old 03-03-2011, 11:31 AM   #6
Tepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tepidy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Get stainless. I'm not kidding you.....they might last one season if they are chrome and your lucky.

Here is what chrome looks like after less then 6 months...and now I have to replace them with stainless at a cost of $130 aqnd my time to do it.

New stainless

It is very simple for them to get you stainless balls and the up-charge should be very small.

If I didn't feel so strongly about this I wouldn't of started this thread ------> http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ml#post2804791

You will be literally throwing your money away with chrome balls living where you do.

My new balls are stainless with Teflon.
the part number for the uniball that is used from DSMS is
1” Uni-Ball: FK WSSX16T so it appears that it is the same one you switched to.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:38 AM   #7
I come from a long line of Conga dancers.
Natetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to all

Name: Nate
Natetroknot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Then their description of the product is incorrect in their literature. I just read it and it says the balls are chrome as well as the arms. I would call and check. If they are stainless let them know the description is incorrect and then let us know. If they are offering stainless right off the bat that's excellent.

I am highly annoyed that my TC's pitted in less then 6 months, so I am trying to steer others in the same direction up front before they make the same mistake I did.
Thank you for bringing this to my attention - I'll be getting a set this spring and they salt the piss out of the roads here.

Rep for you sir.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:39 AM   #8
I've got the FUNK
dgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 91W - Medic
dgr540's Tacoma Gallery
I think it said the ball cup was chrome"130 Boxed Chromoly arm with 4130 Chromoly uni-Ball cup" But the ball is the previous part number.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:06 PM   #9

Tepidy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just checked and they are in fact the same balls I just bought. Here's the link http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/dow...ml#post2209322

NP.

Yup I just looked it up. DSMS for the win!
No doubt I double checked as well. My set is officially ordered and paid for and is going to be shipped out today. Sonny at DSMS is the man!!!!!
Old 03-03-2011, 12:10 PM   #10
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
For the limited time I have had mine I love them. Night and day difference over the Stock UCA. I have no experience with other aftermarket UCA's to compare. Alignment felt perfect after my last alignment. I am getting an alignment done this weekend after my new coilovers were installed, so I wil get an alignment print out and post soon.

I powdercoated my Bronze, but the black was perfect.

Old 03-03-2011, 12:12 PM   #11

Tepidy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lembowski View Post
For the limited time I have had mine I love them. Night and day difference over the Stock UCA. I have no experience with other aftermarket UCA's to compare. Alignment felt perfect after my last alignment. I am getting an alignment done this weekend after my new coilovers were installed, so I wil get an alignment print out and post soon.

I powdercoated my Bronze, but the black was perfect.

Sweet