SR5808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downsouth Motorsports View Post
Good morning,
What's your postal code?
Good afternoon. 96706, thanks!
Old 03-08-2013, 05:56 PM   #182
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
The 4 Billies would be $64.50 for USPS Priority mail...
Parcel post would be $34.86, but God only knows how long it would take to get there..
Let us know...
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR5808 View Post
Good afternoon. 96706, thanks!
Old 03-08-2013, 09:13 PM   #183
SR5808 is on a distinguished road
Name: J10
SR5808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The 4 Billies would be $64.50 for USPS Priority mail...
Parcel post would be $34.86, but God only knows how long it would take to get there..
Let us know...
Thank you.
Wow! great price. Best i've heard so far. I may be contacting you when im ready to order a set. Just a quick question, I noticed on your site that you have billies for the rear of the tacoma but not the front? Which pair do I order for the front then? Thanks again.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:56 PM   #184
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Wow! great price. Best i've heard so far. I may be contacting you when im ready to order a set. Just a quick question, I noticed on your site that you have billies for the rear of the tacoma but not the front? Which pair do I order for the front then? Thanks again.
http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-11...le-shocks.html

This should get you pointed in the right direction..
Let me know if there is anything that we can help you with.
Thank you,
Sonny
Old 03-09-2013, 06:31 PM   #185
OmegaQuest is on a distinguished road

Army: 1st Battalion 3rd US Infantry (TOG)
OmegaQuest's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2013 Tacoma Limited 4x4 Double Cab V6 (comes with 18" Wheels if that info is needed)

What 5100 Shocks would I need to replace the OEM ones with (and what ever else I should replace to make my Limited the best it can be without breaking the bank)?

I dont have, nor do I plan on ever adding a seperate Lift kit to the truck or plan on chaning to differant size wheels, however I do haul a lot in the back bed such as a 500lbs motorcycle and piles of dirt and other heavy things....

Thanks!
Old 03-10-2013, 01:10 PM   #186
Downsouth Motorsport

Good afternoon,
Were you going to use the 5100's to lift the front at all of leave them at the stock setting?
Were you going to lift the rear at all?
Do you have a 3 leaf or 4 leaf spring pack in the rear?
Let us know when you have a chance..
Thank you,
Sonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaQuest View Post
I have a 2013 Tacoma Limited 4x4 Double Cab V6 (comes with 18" Wheels if that info is needed)

What 5100 Shocks would I need to replace the OEM ones with (and what ever else I should replace to make my Limited the best it can be without breaking the bank)?

I dont have, nor do I plan on ever adding a seperate Lift kit to the truck or plan on chaning to differant size wheels, however I do haul a lot in the back bed such as a 500lbs motorcycle and piles of dirt and other heavy things....

Thanks!
Old 03-10-2013, 01:33 PM   #187
OmegaQuest is on a distinguished road

Army: 1st Battalion 3rd US Infantry (TOG)
OmegaQuest's Tacoma Gallery
1. I have the 4 leaf pack.
2. I didn’t plan on lifting the front or the back (as in getting a lift kit) but I'm not opposed if the shocks lift it a little without needing any other parts.
3. The question about using 5100 for the front, that depends if you think its needed (not an expert), I just want the smoothest ride I can get even when I am hauling my bike in the bed of the truck.

* on a side note, I do like the look of the rear a little higher than the front like the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT look... But I want a smooth ride.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:03 PM   #188
SR5808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-11...le-shocks.html

This should get you pointed in the right direction..
Let me know if there is anything that we can help you with.
Thank you,
Sonny
thanks for all the help Sonny. One final question if you dont mind. I wanted to lift the front the full 3 inches and the rear 2 inches via aal. However the rear 5100's seem to be for 0-1.5" of lift. So when i choose the rear options do i select the 5125's? Thanks again!
Justin
Old 03-11-2013, 01:55 PM   #189
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks DSM for the quick delivery!
Old 03-12-2013, 08:23 PM   #190
Downsouth Motorsport

Good evening,
Sorry as you can see I am about a week behind...
Do you have a 4 leaf or a 3 leaf rear spring?
Let me know when you have a chance....
Thank you,
Sonny

Quote:
thanks for all the help Sonny. One final question if you dont mind. I wanted to lift the front the full 3 inches and the rear 2 inches via aal. However the rear 5100's seem to be for 0-1.5" of lift. So when i choose the rear options do i select the 5125's? Thanks again!
Justin
Old 03-13-2013, 02:48 AM   #191
SR5808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Good evening,
Sorry as you can see I am about a week behind...
Do you have a 4 leaf or a 3 leaf rear spring?
Let me know when you have a chance....
Thank you,
Sonny
Np. No rush. I have a 3 leaf spring. Thanks.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:18 PM   #192
I like the Anaheim Ducks
Okeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud of

Name: Kyle
Okeetee's Tacoma Gallery
Just purchased front and rear Bilstein 5100s from Downsouth Motosports. So excited!
Old 03-18-2013, 09:01 AM   #193
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
I installed my front 5100's this weekend. I had Pep Boys compress the springs for 40 bucks. I set them at 1.75 and it sits pretty dang level now. I had the Konig's and BFG 265/75R16's installed this morning. I haven't had them rub yet.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:57 PM   #194
Three Tacomas Deep
ScudRunner is on a distinguished road

Name: Erik
ScudRunner's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in a similar situation: 2007 TRD Off-Road, with no TSB (3 leafs).

I just want to level the Tacoma using 5100s and original coils; bring the front up.
  1. Can this be done by just replacing the fronts shocks? What height setting, typically in that case?
  2. If I wanted to replace all 4 shocks, what height settings would be on front and rear?

Can't wait to send some cash your direction!
Old 03-19-2013, 03:49 AM   #195
Downsouth Motorsport

Good morning,
Here is the info you requested:
  1. Can this be done by just replacing the fronts shocks?
  2. Yes you can replace just the front shocks, depending on how many miles are on the vehicle, we recommend changing the front and rear shocks.Correct the the fronts are the ones that are ride height adjustable.
  3. What height setting, typically in that case?
  4. You can set them at the .85" or the 1.75" depending on the look you are shooting for. At .85" it maybe still a little nose low and at 1.75" it maybe a tad nose high with the 3 leaf in the rear.You will need to look at how the vehicle sits now and the look you are shooting for.

1. If I wanted to replace all 4 shocks, what height settings would be on front and rear?
  2. Went over this in the above responses and just to clarify that the front shocks are the only ones that affect the vehicles ride height.The rear shocks will not affect the height of the vehicle.
Hope this helps..
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScudRunner View Post
I'm in a similar situation: 2007 TRD Off-Road, with no TSB (3 leafs).

I just want to level the Tacoma using 5100s and original coils; bring the front up.
  1. Can this be done by just replacing the fronts shocks? What height setting, typically in that case?
  2. If I wanted to replace all 4 shocks, what height settings would be on front and rear?

Can't wait to send some cash your direction!
Old 03-19-2013, 05:58 AM   #196
Three Tacomas Deep
ScudRunner is on a distinguished road

Name: Erik
ScudRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Great! Thanks so much for the quick response! Looks like I'll be going 5100s all around!
Old 03-19-2013, 10:51 AM   #197
Rednecks with paychecks
LukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: luke
LukeBo4x4's Tacoma Gallery
i jus ordered 4 bilstein 5100s from yall should be here tomorrow. goin to set them at 2.5 with a 2 inch aal. i think that will work out fine.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:10 AM   #198
I like the Anaheim Ducks
Okeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud of

Okeetee's Tacoma Gallery
Got my four Bilsteins! Quick question -- is it recommended to get an alignment after installation? I'm probably going with the 1.75 setting despite having a non-TSB 3-leaf in the rear.

Thanks all.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:17 AM   #199
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okeetee View Post
Got my four Bilsteins! Quick question -- is it recommended to get an alignment after installation? I'm probably going with the 1.75 setting despite having a non-TSB 3-leaf in the rear.

Thanks all.
From my understanding its important to get an alignment after altering the suspension in any way.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:08 PM   #200
I like the Anaheim Ducks

Okeetee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
From my understanding its important to get an alignment after altering the suspension in any way.
Thanks Cam