Notices

2nd Gen RCD/Bilstein 5100 Shocks

Old 03-24-2013, 07:10 AM   #201
applebmw is on a distinguished road
Name: Lonnie
applebmw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
From my understanding its important to get an alignment after altering the suspension in any way.
I have 09 CrewCab....without the three leafs in rear, I set my 5100 on first setting .85 I think, the truck ended up level. If you go with second setting, your front end will be higher,,,,,,,bought a camper shell, set on the truck, and front is about 1/2 inch higher than rear.....this is on first setting....FYI
Old 03-26-2013, 11:26 AM   #202
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okeetee View Post
Got my four Bilsteins! Quick question -- is it recommended to get an alignment after installation? I'm probably going with the 1.75 setting despite having a non-TSB 3-leaf in the rear.

Thanks all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
From my understanding its important to get an alignment after altering the suspension in any way.

Okeetee, I agree with ChamYota.. Any time you change a suspension component I would recommend getting an alignment.

Micah
Old 03-27-2013, 07:59 AM   #203
NinjaT1985 is on a distinguished road

NinjaT1985's Tacoma Gallery
links from first post do not work...
Old 03-27-2013, 08:02 AM   #204
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaT1985 View Post
Try this one.

http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-13...ar-shocks.html
Old 03-27-2013, 08:27 AM   #205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyotacrawler View Post
Thanks!
Old 03-27-2013, 08:47 AM   #206
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks!
You're welcome!
Old 03-27-2013, 09:19 AM   #207
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyotacrawler View Post
Thanks Toyotacrawler!

also have this link.. offers a 2-2.5" rear lifted shock

http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-11...le-shocks.html

Micah
Old 03-27-2013, 09:26 AM   #208

Do you guys sell a 2" rear block kit by chance?
Old 03-27-2013, 09:45 AM   #209
bzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the rough
bzzr2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downsouth Motorsports View Post
Thanks Toyotacrawler!

also have this link.. offers a 2-2.5" rear lifted shock

http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-11...le-shocks.html

Micah
do you have extended and collapsed lengths for this shock by chance? thanks.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:21 AM   #210
Downsouth Motorsport

Quote:
Do you guys sell a 2" rear block kit by chance?
We offer a 1" from ICON. Its 155.$ plus shipping

Micah
Old 03-28-2013, 11:39 AM   #211
Downsouth Motorsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzzr2 View Post
do you have extended and collapsed lengths for this shock by chance? thanks.
Sure do

Rear shock Part #24-214667 will work with a 2" or 2.5".
Bilstein 5125 series 24-214667 Dimensions:Note(90 day warranty on 5125 series from original date of purchase)
Valving: 170/60
Extended Length: 25.98"
Collapsed Length: 16.14"

Micah
Old 04-02-2013, 01:19 PM   #212
1nonlygarcia is a glorious beacon of light1nonlygarcia is a glorious beacon of light1nonlygarcia is a glorious beacon of light1nonlygarcia is a glorious beacon of light1nonlygarcia is a glorious beacon of light

Marines: Corporal
Name: ceasar
1nonlygarcia's Tacoma Gallery
i have a 06 double cab prerunner and im looking to pull the trigger on the 5100's for $309 is there anything else i need to buy to install them?
Old 04-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #213
Downsouth Motorsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nonlygarcia View Post
i have a 06 double cab prerunner and im looking to pull the trigger on the 5100's for $309 is there anything else i need to buy to install them?

PM sent
Old 04-02-2013, 06:22 PM   #214
sstauffer7 is on a distinguished road
sstauffer7's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in the same boat as 1nonlygarcia. I want to buy all 4 shocks and install them. What else do I need?
Old 04-03-2013, 08:32 AM   #215
Downsouth Motorsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstauffer7 View Post
I'm in the same boat as 1nonlygarcia. I want to buy all 4 shocks and install them. What else do I need?
This kit is straight forward, you do not need any other parts. You will need a wall mounted spring compressor in order to remove the coils off the stock strut assembly, then insert the new 5100. Or have a shop that has the equipment and has this tool do it for you, other than that, it is 3 bolts on top of the strut and on at the bottom. As far as parts, you are good to go with just the 4 shocks. Set the fronts at the desired lift height you are looking to obtain and install the rears.

Any other question please let me know.

Micah
Old 04-05-2013, 08:04 PM   #216
1nonlygarcia is a glorious beacon of light1nonlygarcia is a glorious beacon of light1nonlygarcia is a glorious beacon of light1nonlygarcia is a glorious beacon of light1nonlygarcia is a glorious beacon of light

Marines: Corporal
Name: ceasar
1nonlygarcia's Tacoma Gallery
Came home last night from LA..and guess what it was yes my 5100's and i just ordered them on tuesday. thanks Micah
Old 04-09-2013, 07:33 AM   #217
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Can I has the working link for all 4 5100s?.....and not the extended rear 5100s.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:36 AM   #218
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
Can I has the working link for all 4 5100s?.....and not the extended rear 5100s.

Scroll down to select ur rear suspension needs and use the table for guidance
Old 04-09-2013, 07:43 AM   #219
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post

Scroll down to select ur rear suspension needs and use the table for guidance
OK, did that before and saw 309 but thought with TW discount it was 299. Does that come in during checkout with some code or another or is 309 the TW discounted price?
Old 04-09-2013, 07:59 AM   #220
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
OK, did that before and saw 309 but thought with TW discount it was 299. Does that come in during checkout with some code or another or is 309 the TW discounted price?
I know there is sometimes the slightly more expensive "bilstien 5100s".......and slightly cheaper "rcd bilstien 5100s"......but other than that, there isn't a discount I know of.

Dsm doesn't offer a discount anymore, explained in this thread

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/dow...pon-codes.html