Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Downsouth Motorsports

Notices

2nd Gen RCD/Bilstein 5100 Shocks

Old 04-09-2013, 07:13 AM   #221
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nonlygarcia View Post
Came home last night from LA..and guess what it was yes my 5100's and i just ordered them on tuesday. thanks Micah
You are very welcome! Thank you for ordering the shocks! Let me know how everything works out and if you need anything else, don't hesitate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
OK, did that before and saw 309 but thought with TW discount it was 299. Does that come in during checkout with some code or another or is 309 the TW discounted price?
Yes, 309 price is the price for set know.. But remember that does include shipping to the lower 48!

Thanks

Micah
Old 04-09-2013, 11:34 AM   #222
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Cool, just wanted to make sure........
Old 04-09-2013, 07:23 PM   #223
Three Tacomas Deep
ScudRunner is on a distinguished road

Name: Erik
ScudRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered mine this morning. Shipped same day.

I just wanted to thank DownSouth for answering my questions yesterday. Very patient, very helpful! Glad to be a customer!
Old 04-10-2013, 12:19 AM   #224
1nonlygarcia is a glorious beacon of light1nonlygarcia is a glorious beacon of light1nonlygarcia is a glorious beacon of light1nonlygarcia is a glorious beacon of light1nonlygarcia is a glorious beacon of light

Marines: Corporal
Name: ceasar
1nonlygarcia's Tacoma Gallery
installed them yesterday. ill be ordering aal soon
Old 04-10-2013, 09:46 PM   #225
ZoMbiE aLeRt
choppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
choppersx's Tacoma Gallery
Just placed my order on the all around 5100 billies adjustables and ICON 3 leaf pack

UPDATE: Installed Billies front set at 1.75 and back with ICON 3 leaf pack at 1.5

Thanks Micah for the help.
Attached Thumbnails
2nd Gen RCD/Bilstein 5100 Shocks-photo2151.jpg   2nd Gen RCD/Bilstein 5100 Shocks-photo12154.jpg  
Old 04-11-2013, 03:53 AM   #226
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sure hated leaving the 5100s on the 05 when trading it in on the 08. Loved the ride with them. Finally ordered a set for the 08.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:58 AM   #227
sstauffer7 is on a distinguished road
sstauffer7's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Quote:
installed them yesterday. ill be ordering aal soon
What did you set them at? I'm debating the .85 or 1.75 myself.. They should arrive today
Old 04-11-2013, 08:34 AM   #228
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppersx View Post
Just placed my order on the all around 5100 billies adjustables and ICON 3 leaf pack
Parts are shipping out today!

Micah
Old 04-11-2013, 08:38 AM   #229
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstauffer7 View Post
What did you set them at? I'm debating the .85 or 1.75 myself.. They should arrive today
Id suggest taking measurments on flat ground......measure the gap from fender flare to tread of tire.......or hub if u want, I doubt it matters for this simple test.
After u take measurment, put a jack under the front of the truck and lift it so the gap becomes increased by 0.85 and take a look at the trucks stance.

Then try 1.75 and look again

Should help ya some........our trucks can vary some in stance due to condition of the rear leaf pack...sagging/well arched......tsb/no tsb.....etc.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:44 AM   #230
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Got the shocks yesterday. Most likely just gonna go .85 up front and go with helper springs out back to shore up 3 leaf pack without lifting and help eliminate the rare wheel hop instances. Would consider leaving the 1/4 top plate spacers up front and set 5100s on .85 to get 1.35 up front if I could find oem 4 leaf pack that would give .75 lift out back. Not willing to go any higher this time around tho.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:58 AM   #231
1999 4x4 V6 SR5
3phase is on a distinguished road

Name: Brent
3phase's Tacoma Gallery
Is this deal still going on, its somewhat old? Where is the bust place to buy the Bilsein 5100's and an AAL? Also I'm setting up my stock 99, 4x4, V6 for towing is this the best setup, any recommendations? Thanks
Old 04-18-2013, 10:16 AM   #232
Downsouth Motorsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3phase View Post
Is this deal still going on, its somewhat old? Where is the bust place to buy the Bilsein 5100's and an AAL? Also I'm setting up my stock 99, 4x4, V6 for towing is this the best setup, any recommendations? Thanks

PM'd

Micah
Old 04-18-2013, 01:18 PM   #233
1nonlygarcia is a glorious beacon of light1nonlygarcia is a glorious beacon of light1nonlygarcia is a glorious beacon of light1nonlygarcia is a glorious beacon of light1nonlygarcia is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstauffer7 View Post
I was gonna go with .85 but changed my mind last minute an set them at 1.75
Old 04-21-2013, 10:03 PM   #234
Beaure is on a distinguished road
Name: Beau
Beaure's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downsouth Motorsports View Post
Parts are shipping out today!

Micah
Hey guys, I want to put 285/70r16 Goodyear wranglers on my 2013 double cad 4x4 trd off road package. Can I fit those in with this set? And do I need to order a dif spacer and sway bar spacer as well? I just want to get the maximum lifetime out of the cv boots and everything. Any other parts or suggestions?
Old 04-22-2013, 05:33 AM   #235
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Ended up setting 5100s on .85 & left the toytec 1/4" tp taco lean spacers in on both sides. Gap on front = 6 3/4" from tread to fender well, 8" from tread to fender well out back. 36 1/4" from ground to fender well up front & 37 1/2" from ground to fender well out back. Back = 5100, oem 3 leaf pack & helper spring.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:35 AM   #236
Downsouth Motorsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaure View Post
Hey guys, I want to put 285/70r16 Goodyear wranglers on my 2013 double cad 4x4 trd off road package. Can I fit those in with this set? And do I need to order a dif spacer and sway bar spacer as well? I just want to get the maximum lifetime out of the cv boots and everything. Any other parts or suggestions?

PM sent
Old 05-02-2013, 04:11 PM   #237

Hey Micah,

I'm looking for some new springs and AAL. You think you can help me out with that
Old 05-02-2013, 11:07 PM   #238
emilminasian is on a distinguished road
Name: Emil Minasian
emilminasian's Tacoma Gallery
i have a budget of 400 for front suspension, i prefer adjustable. what do you guys recommend? i dont want my ride quality to change much either
Old 05-03-2013, 04:41 AM   #239
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilminasian View Post
i have a budget of 400 for front suspension, i prefer adjustable. what do you guys recommend? i dont want my ride quality to change much either
I suggest you get these and sorry, the ride quality will not be the same, it'll be much better. Lovin mine again. Had them on the 05 and didn't get them off before trading it in on the 08. Couldn't because the tires wouldn't fit if I did. Glad to finally have them on the 08. Nice long loaded down road trip last weekend and they did fabulous, on the road and a bit offroad too.

Old 05-03-2013, 07:14 AM   #240
Downsouth Motorsport

Quote:
Hey Micah,

I'm looking for some new springs and AAL. You think you can help me out with that

PM sent