LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Downsouth Motorsports

Notices

2nd Gen RCD/Bilstein 5100 Shocks

Old 05-03-2013, 07:15 AM   #241
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilminasian View Post
i have a budget of 400 for front suspension, i prefer adjustable. what do you guys recommend? i dont want my ride quality to change much either
I believe you will be very happy with the 5100's

Micah
Old 05-03-2013, 02:50 PM   #242
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
I've not been able to get onto DSM website. Has anybody else? I was looking for spacer for taco lean.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:55 PM   #243
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolunatic View Post
I've not been able to get onto DSM website. Has anybody else? I was looking for spacer for taco lean.
works fine for me.

however (I hate steering away from DSM), they dont have the spacers iirc...the closest is the trim packer deal for OME.

check toytec for the lean spacer.............warning tho, shipping will cost just about as much as the spacer from toytec

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Old 05-03-2013, 02:58 PM   #244
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
works fine for me.

however (I hate steering away from DSM), they dont have the spacers iirc...the closest is the trim packer deal for OME.

check toytec for the lean spacer.............warning tho, shipping will cost just about as much as the spacer from toytec
I did,and saw that. But it says its for ome,and I got all 4 billies and ome springs from DSM. Will it still work?
Old 05-03-2013, 03:04 PM   #245
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I did,and saw that. But it says its for ome,and I got all 4 billies and ome springs from DSM. Will it still work?
no

thats as close as dsm comes to a spacer IIRC............. They dont promote spacers or blocks for a reason and I respect that fully.

the trim packer is for the OME struts.

I had to order the lean spacer from toytec, but everything else is from DSM...u cant beat their prices or customer service......free shipping is an added bonus

thanks Sonny and Micah!
Old 05-03-2013, 03:10 PM   #246
dont tread on me!

Quote:
no

thats as close as dsm comes to a spacer IIRC............. They dont promote spacers or blocks for a reason and I respect that fully.

the trim packer is for the OME struts.

I had to order the lean spacer from toytec, but everything else is from DSM...u cant beat their prices or customer service......free shipping is an added bonus

thanks Sonny and Micah!
Thanks. I agree. DSM has been very helpful. I wish I knew about the trim pack before I mix matched.
Can the trim pack be modified for billies?
Old 05-03-2013, 03:14 PM   #247

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks. I agree. DSM has been very helpful. I wish I knew about the trim pack before I mix matched.
Can the trim pack be modified for billies?
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...im-spacer.html

posts 5 and 6
Old 05-03-2013, 03:17 PM   #248
dont tread on me!

Quote:
Thanks. And,damn.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:19 PM   #249

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
ur welcome
Old 05-05-2013, 06:12 AM   #250
NinjaT1985 is on a distinguished road

NinjaT1985's Tacoma Gallery
Not seeing the billies on their site now... I guess maybe out of stock?
Old 05-07-2013, 08:21 AM   #251
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bilstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaT1985 View Post
Not seeing the billies on their site now... I guess maybe out of stock?

PM'd
Old 05-07-2013, 09:40 AM   #252
emilminasian is on a distinguished road
Name: Emil Minasian
emilminasian's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downsouth Motorsports View Post
I believe you will be very happy with the 5100's

Micah
What can I do to jot change the ride quality I've heard a lot that it effects it
Old 05-07-2013, 11:12 AM   #253
Downsouth Motorsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilminasian View Post
What can I do to jot change the ride quality I've heard a lot that it effects it
Everyone has an opinion on ride quality, as everyone drives on different roads and has a different style of driving..
You could set the strut at the 7/8 setting gaining the 7/8 of lift and not effecting the ride and see if you like it, if you want to level it, I would recommend you setting it at the 1.75 setting and driving it to see if you like the way it feels.
Either way you are getting a better shock, but now trucks are built to ride like cars, so its just going to be a trial type of deal to see what you like best.

Micah
Old 05-10-2013, 10:09 AM   #254
E-Dub
lysias55 is on a distinguished road

Name: Evan
lysias55's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to lysias55
Why doesn't the link work? did i miss something? i was going to order today
Old 05-14-2013, 11:11 AM   #255
Downsouth Motorsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by lysias55 View Post
Why doesn't the link work? did i miss something? i was going to order today
Pm me for details
Old 05-30-2013, 08:20 AM   #256
SilverSprt is on a distinguished road
SilverSprt's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2013 DC with a stock rear 3 leaf pack. I am looking for the exact Bilstein 5100's and any other parts or pieces I may need to install these. I read that they do not come with stem bushings? And something about a spacer needed? Not sure if that is true. All and any help in this matter is greatly appreciated. I just want to level out the front of the truck. Price for the 2 shcoks and misc parts needed. Thanks !!
Old 05-30-2013, 10:13 AM   #257
Downsouth Motorsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSprt View Post
I have a 2013 DC with a stock rear 3 leaf pack. I am looking for the exact Bilstein 5100's and any other parts or pieces I may need to install these. I read that they do not come with stem bushings? And something about a spacer needed? Not sure if that is true. All and any help in this matter is greatly appreciated. I just want to level out the front of the truck. Price for the 2 shcoks and misc parts needed. Thanks !!
PM'd
Old 05-30-2013, 01:10 PM   #258
BBBsti LTD will become famous soon enough
BBBsti LTD's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2010 TRD Offroad with no TSB in the rear. I want to get a lift, no more than 3" for sure, 2.5 would be ideal because I don't have to get UCA.

I like the adjustability of the Bilstein but at the same time I'm concern that if I use the top perch in the Bilstein for maximum height I could be affecting handling due to the limited travel of the shock with the higher setting. I have read a lot about this set up but I havent found anything that answer this. I also like the OME but it seems to put me right at 3" which could mean UCA.

For the rear, should I have an AAL? Or get a leaf pack? 2.5" to 3" leveled would be mu ideal set up.

My driving style in 90% FWY with some dirt fireroad once in a while.

Soo manu combinations of spring selection that make this suspension selection process difficult.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:42 PM   #259
Downsouth Motorsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBsti LTD View Post
I have a 2010 TRD Offroad with no TSB in the rear. I want to get a lift, no more than 3" for sure, 2.5 would be ideal because I don't have to get UCA.

I like the adjustability of the Bilstein but at the same time I'm concern that if I use the top perch in the Bilstein for maximum height I could be affecting handling due to the limited travel of the shock with the higher setting. I have read a lot about this set up but I havent found anything that answer this. I also like the OME but it seems to put me right at 3" which could mean UCA.

For the rear, should I have an AAL? Or get a leaf pack? 2.5" to 3" leveled would be mu ideal set up.

My driving style in 90% FWY with some dirt fireroad once in a while.

Soo manu combinations of spring selection that make this suspension selection process difficult.
PM'd
Old 06-05-2013, 11:09 AM   #260
kirk13 is on a distinguished road
Name: greg
kirk13's Tacoma Gallery
just ordered my billies 5100s through u guys great customer service and great price. tried to get 4 wheel parts to price match cause there closer to me and i could pick them up and they would not even price match u guys. awesome deals will be doing more business with u guys

thanks