Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Downsouth Motorsports

Notices

2nd Gen RCD/Bilstein 5100 Shocks

Old 06-06-2013, 10:14 AM   #261
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBsti LTD View Post
I have a 2010 TRD Offroad with no TSB in the rear. I want to get a lift, no more than 3" for sure, 2.5 would be ideal because I don't have to get UCA.

I like the adjustability of the Bilstein but at the same time I'm concern that if I use the top perch in the Bilstein for maximum height I could be affecting handling due to the limited travel of the shock with the higher setting. I have read a lot about this set up but I havent found anything that answer this. I also like the OME but it seems to put me right at 3" which could mean UCA.

For the rear, should I have an AAL? Or get a leaf pack? 2.5" to 3" leveled would be mu ideal set up.

My driving style in 90% FWY with some dirt fireroad once in a while.

Soo manu combinations of spring selection that make this suspension selection process difficult.
Tell me how little caster you have after lifting that much without UCAs and how twitchy it will feel. You will need UCAs to have decent caster and not be irritated to hell with how it drives.....but the good news is, they are easy to add after you find out how it drives without them. You'll be able to stand it just long enough to save up for them. It will not wear you're tires but it will wear on your last nerve. I only went 1.75" and ended up with 1.6 of caster on the 08. That is borderline aggravating. I will be getting LR UCAs again like on the 05 I had even tho I'm not lifting any higher this time. I want the 2.4-2.8 of caster back like I had before on the 05 lifted 2.5 with the LR UCAs. It does make a big difference in driving enjoyment. Truck feels so much more planted and not all sketchy in wind or on uneven surfaces. Some will say it feels OK without them but that's because they don't know how good it feels with them.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:48 PM   #262
littlejouf22 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jordan
littlejouf22's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone know if the Bilstein 5100s for the rear with 3-4 inch lift are still on backorder from DSM? It says Note: Part # BE5-B110-T5 is on back order as of 4-25-2013. This is of 4/25 though any updates? I may just call them tomorrow but if someone has an answer that'd be great.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:50 AM   #264
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gramps
CoTacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I say give them a call today. I really like mine for the rear. I know Wheeler Off Road has them on their site too if you need an alternative.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:53 AM   #265
littlejouf22 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jordan
littlejouf22's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks CoTaco, I will probably give them a call. I currently have the 5100s in the rear but for the smaller lift. Was considering getting shock extenders but I dont want something to break.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:14 PM   #266
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
B110'S

Hey guys,

I was suppose to have them last week.. But I am still waiting

I called today and am waiting on a solid eta. As soon as I get one, I will post it

Micah
Old 06-11-2013, 02:28 PM   #267
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

B110'S

I was told end of the month

I will let you guys know as soon as I see them
Old 06-11-2013, 04:56 PM   #268
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gramps
CoTacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejouf22 View Post
Thanks CoTaco, I will probably give them a call. I currently have the 5100s in the rear but for the smaller lift. Was considering getting shock extenders but I dont want something to break.
Yeah extenders are bad news. Get the new ones from DS when they come in.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:43 AM   #269
Downsouth Motorsport

B110'S

Fingers crossed!! I received a call saying I should see some next week
Old 06-14-2013, 02:29 PM   #270
Downsouth Motorsport

B110'S

just got word i will be picking these up on Monday!
Old 06-18-2013, 04:23 AM   #271
Artax
ezatnova is on a distinguished road
ezatnova's Tacoma Gallery
How do I order 5100's? The link on the first post does not work. They are not listed when I input my 2011 Tacoma as the vehicle selection. They do not come up when I search "5100". Does DSM still sell these? Strange that nothing I've tried works, but the posts at the beginning tell you to order on the website.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:28 AM   #272
Onurnez is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnurnez is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnurnez is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnurnez is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnurnez is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnurnez is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnurnez is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnurnez is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnurnez is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnurnez is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnurnez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Onurnez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezatnova View Post
How do I order 5100's? The link on the first post does not work. They are not listed when I input my 2011 Tacoma as the vehicle selection. They do not come up when I search "5100". Does DSM still sell these? Strange that nothing I've tried works, but the posts at the beginning tell you to order on the website.

http://downsouthmotorsports.com/c-63...es-shocks.html
Old 06-19-2013, 04:24 AM   #273
Artax
ezatnova is on a distinguished road
ezatnova's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onurnez View Post
Thanks Onurnez. Not to be dense, but, even though that link "works", I see no where to order/select the shocks. It just talks about the 5100's and then is all blank.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:29 AM   #274
Gearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gearheadesw's Tacoma Gallery
Been sending PM's, no one's answering. 2 days, c ya.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:12 AM   #275
Downsouth Motorsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezatnova View Post
Thanks Onurnez. Not to be dense, but, even though that link "works", I see no where to order/select the shocks. It just talks about the 5100's and then is all blank.
The link works fine?

http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-11...le-shocks.html

If you have any issues and need assistance you are more than welcome to call
888-973-6967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheadesw View Post
Been sending PM's, no one's answering. 2 days, c ya.
I received both your PM's and I have replied to them. I was off Monday and Tuesday.

Micah
Old 07-03-2013, 09:34 PM   #276
bisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant future

bisdak10's Tacoma Gallery
thank you for the super fast order processing!!!

recieved item as described!!

thank you
Old 07-18-2013, 01:30 PM   #277
StanBo is on a distinguished road

Name: Stan
StanBo's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to StanBo
PMing you now. Interested in a setup for my taco.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:27 PM   #278
Downsouth Motorsport

shocks

PM replied
Old 07-22-2013, 12:43 PM   #279
1nonlygarcia is a glorious beacon of light1nonlygarcia is a glorious beacon of light1nonlygarcia is a glorious beacon of light1nonlygarcia is a glorious beacon of light1nonlygarcia is a glorious beacon of light

Marines: Corporal
Name: ceasar
1nonlygarcia's Tacoma Gallery
Micah,

Did you guys recieve any new leaf packs yet.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:25 PM   #280
Downsouth Motorsport

what springs are you asking about