Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Downsouth Motorsports

Notices

Fox 2.5" IFP

Old 02-22-2012, 09:56 AM   #1
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
Fox 2.5" IFP

In stock...finally!

http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-83...-with-ifp.html

Requires aftermarket UCAs...

PM for TW price quote.

Thank you,
-DSM

*See post #12 for a little package deal...
Old 02-22-2012, 09:59 AM   #2
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tacoman15's Tacoma Gallery
Good god now I am really at a loss on what to get.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:06 AM   #3
Geo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Justin
Geo Taco's Tacoma Gallery
A quick question that I've been trying to solve about this and other "extended travel" coilovers... They all say that an aftermarket UCA is required, but they don't specify whether it has to be uni-ball or just a ball joint type. In my case I am trying to figure out if the Light Racing UCA would work, or if I have to go up to a full uni-ball set up?
Thank you for the help.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:08 AM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo Taco View Post
A quick question that I've been trying to solve about this and other "extended travel" coilovers... They all say that an aftermarket UCA is required, but they don't specify whether it has to be uni-ball or just a ball joint type. In my case I am trying to figure out if the Light Racing UCA would work, or if I have to go up to a full uni-ball set up?
Thank you for the help.
Most uniball UCA's allow you to get the full droop from extended travel CO's. I havent compared side by side with an OEM UCA, but the Light Racing UCA's are supposed to allow for the use of Extended travel CO's
Old 02-22-2012, 10:08 AM   #5
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo Taco View Post
Thank you for the help.
If you get pair extended travel coil overs with a uniball UCA, you will get another inch (?) of travel I believe. Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

EDIT: You beat me to it lol
Old 02-22-2012, 10:09 AM   #6
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoman15 View Post
If you get pair extended travel coil overs with a uniball UCA, you will get another inch (?) of travel I believe. Somebody correct me if I am wrong.
Thats about right.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:11 AM   #7
Stop staring at me swan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Thats about right.
Is there a point in getting extended travel if you don't have/get uni ball UCA's? I mean, you won't gain any extra travel otherwise correct?
Old 02-22-2012, 10:13 AM   #8

Quote:
Is there a point in getting extended travel if you don't have/get uni ball UCA's? I mean, you won't gain any extra travel otherwise correct?
If you run the OEM UCA's, you could bust the ball joint, or break the bottom of the shock. If you are running extended travel CO's, you need to have UCA's that can acomodate the extra travel.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:14 AM   #9
Stop staring at me swan!

Quote:
If you run the OEM UCA's, you could bust the ball joint, or break the bottom of the shock. If you are running extended travel CO's, you need to have UCA's that can acomodate the extra travel.
Ah I see. Thanks for the info and sorry about the thread jack DSM
Old 02-22-2012, 10:15 AM   #10

Quote:
Ah I see. Thanks for the info and sorry about the thread jack DSM
DSM has a nice set of UCA's that can accomodate extended travel CO's. Perhaps you could see about a "package" price?
Old 02-22-2012, 10:34 AM   #11
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
This....Thanks, Chris!
With the extended travel shocks, the shock will cycle farther than the OEM components (ball joints, particularly) were intended to, and could cause some damage.

-Marco @ DSM
Old 02-27-2012, 11:15 AM   #12
Downsouth Motorsport

We've received lots of messages & phone calls about packaging these with some UCAs.

2005-2012 Toyota Tacoma 4WD & 6 Lug 2WD models
We can do these Fox 2.5" IFP Coil-overs, with a pair of Total Chaos UCAs for $1599.99, with FREE shipping via UPS Ground,. to anywhere in the lower 48 States. California residents, we will have to add sales tax to the total. You'll need to contact us to receive this special pricing.

Thanks!

-DSM
Old 05-03-2012, 08:15 AM   #13
prodigy808 is a splendid one to beholdprodigy808 is a splendid one to beholdprodigy808 is a splendid one to beholdprodigy808 is a splendid one to beholdprodigy808 is a splendid one to beholdprodigy808 is a splendid one to beholdprodigy808 is a splendid one to behold
Air Force: DoD-Civil Service
prodigy808's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have feedback/reviews on these coilovers? How to they compare to kings, icons, etc. would like to here from folks who have these and how do they like them. Thanks
Old 05-03-2012, 08:59 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigy808 View Post
Anyone have feedback/reviews on these coilovers? How to they compare to kings, icons, etc. would like to here from folks who have these and how do they like them. Thanks
Im not sure how similar they are to the one a buddy of mine is running (Marco might know, they are the ones on my buddys Chevy), but they ride very similar to the Icons. More firm on the street, and the little bumps/cracks on the road, but off road.....Oh.....My.......God, do they soak up the hits.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:39 AM   #15
prodigy808 is a splendid one to beholdprodigy808 is a splendid one to beholdprodigy808 is a splendid one to beholdprodigy808 is a splendid one to beholdprodigy808 is a splendid one to beholdprodigy808 is a splendid one to beholdprodigy808 is a splendid one to behold
Air Force: DoD-Civil Service
prodigy808's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the input Chris.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:00 PM   #17
There go my nipples again!
Dilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shawn
Dilsky's Tacoma Gallery
What are the spring rates on these? I am definitely interested in picking up a set!
Old 06-25-2012, 01:54 PM   #18
Downsouth Motorsport

Fox uses 600 lb. coils.

-DSM
Old 09-14-2012, 11:06 PM   #20
Downsouth Motorsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNRunner View Post
This deal still good?
Yes, but we are out the Fox's and it will be a few weeks.