1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

King 700Lb Coilovers

Discussion in 'Downsouth Motorsports' started by David411, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Apr 6, 2012 at 3:15 PM
    David411

David411 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hello.
    I currently own a 2003 Tacoma 4x4 double cab.
    I have a couple of questions regarding the King coilovers versus icons.
    How much more travel do the Icons offer versus the Kings?
    I like the Mid travel icons but the 700lb spring option from king is very appealing for a winch bumper.
    Thanks again

2. Apr 20, 2012 at 5:16 PM
    Downsouth Motorsports

Downsouth Motorsports Downsouth Motorsport Vendor

Member:
    Mission Valley, San Diego
    2017 4-Runner Dirt King Long Travel King 2.5 Coil-Over / 2.5 Bypass Front and Rear ICON Rear Upper and Lower Arms ICON Rear 2" Springs 285 x 70 x 17 Toyo Tires on 17" x 8" ICON Wheels
    I got tipped off by a member that this thread was sitting here with no answer...

Again, TW: Please send us PMs or pick up the phone & call. We don't really spend time here on TW, other than answering PMs and updating threads we started, so I never saw this one.

Now, that said -

Icon has received so many questions and requests about this, that they now offer their coil-overs with 14"x700 lb. coils. There is an extra charge of $175 (I think) for this option, but they will come from Icon with these springs already installed. This goes for both 1st & 2nd Gen Tacoma.

Hope this helps, and please PM/call us with any other questions you may have.

Thank you,
    -Marco @ DSM

Edit: I forgot to add that they're using Eibach coils. Eibach had discontinued the 700 lb. coils recently, but due to overwhelming requests,they began producing them again.

To Top