Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Downsouth Motorsports

Notices

Bilstein/ RCD 5100s at a GREAT price!

Old 12-17-2012, 10:26 AM   #1
Jreb1328 is on a distinguished road

Navy:
Name: Shane
Jreb1328's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation Bilstein/ RCD 5100s at a GREAT price!

Just wanted to use my first post to throw a bone to DSM. Just ordered a set of 5100s at a GREAT price. For those of you just looking to level out your Tacoma without adding height to the rear, these are perfect.

This is from DSM...**"For use on a NON-TSB rear leaf pack with an AAL -or- For TSB rear springs with out an AAL"**

They're $299.99 for all four and shipping is free. Here's the link.

http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-82...djustable.html

I can't wait to get them and put them on! Enjoy!
Old 02-19-2013, 04:16 PM   #2
RGosen is on a distinguished road

Air Force: 1st Battalion
Name: Christ would now agree, don't get yourself nailed to a tree
RGosen's Tacoma Gallery
The link dont work lol and im in canada would it still be free shipping ?
Old 02-20-2013, 05:27 AM   #3
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGosen View Post
The link dont work lol and im in canada would it still be free shipping ?
Good morning,
We are updating our site and the products have been moved around.
Sorry the shipping is not free to Canada.
We normally try and ship to Canada via USPS due to UPS having high brokerage
fees once the order crosses the border. Usps seems to be a little more friendly
about it then UPS. The shipping is normally around $70.00 for Usps International
Parcel post and the transit time is normally 7 to 12 business days from the ship date.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:30 AM   #4
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downsouth Motorsports View Post
Good morning,
We are updating our site and the products have been moved around.
Sorry the shipping is not free to Canada.
We normally try and ship to Canada via USPS due to UPS having high brokerage
fees once the order crosses the border. Usps seems to be a little more friendly
about it then UPS. The shipping is normally around $70.00 for Usps International
Parcel post and the transit time is normally 7 to 12 business days from the ship date.
u guys are up early!

RGosen, u cant beat the customer support from DSM.....free shipping or not, these guys are the best
Old 02-20-2013, 05:35 AM   #5
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
u guys are up early!

RGosen, u cant beat the customer support from DSM.....free shipping or not, these guys are the best
Yeah, I have to try and do e mails and messages at night and early am,
The phone rings at the shop and I am still working on shocks during the day
most of the time. Plus its just us 2 1/2 men running around trying to get stuff done.
I will go ahead and apologize if I take a few days to get to some of your PM's.
Ha,ha....
Sonny
Old 03-07-2013, 11:42 AM   #6
Brett C is on a distinguished road
Name: Brett
Brett C's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered mine . Thanks
Old 03-07-2013, 02:04 PM   #7
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah, I have to try and do e mails and messages at night and early am,
The phone rings at the shop and I am still working on shocks during the day
most of the time. Plus its just us 2 1/2 men running around trying to get stuff done.
I will go ahead and apologize if I take a few days to get to some of your PM's.
Ha,ha....
Sonny
2.5 men?

Please tell me Charlie Sheen isn't involved.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett C View Post
Just ordered mine . Thanks

Make sure if u got 5100 fronts, to read up on proper install.....id link a thread for ya and a pic but im on my phone.

Its common for people (even shops) to install the spring perch upside down......the perch has a bevel or kinda like a race on 1 side....the convex part should be pointing UP.

The part facing down should look fairly flat.....when installed, the adjustment clip should NOT be visible do to the perch covering it some....its hard to explain without pics, but once u have seen it 1 time, u will not forget......

As for the adjustment ring/clip......use ur fingers/thumb to move it out of 1 groove and into the 1 u want.....no need for tools on this part.

Someone post a link or pic prease?
We have all seen this mistake happen a lot.

~brock
Old 03-13-2013, 08:00 PM   #8
havasu1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Bruce
havasu1's Tacoma Gallery
Quick question, how is the new 5100 shock upgrade ride compared to the stock PreRunner Ride with the factory bilsteins? I went to the downsouthmotorsports website and couldn't find the 5100 leveling setup. link on the thread doesn't seem to work either? I'll send them a PM. I do like the stock ride as this is not my offroad truck. Got another vehicle for that
Old 03-20-2013, 02:00 PM   #9
Downsouth Motorsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu1 View Post
Quick question, how is the new 5100 shock upgrade ride compared to the stock PreRunner Ride with the factory bilsteins? I went to the downsouthmotorsports website and couldn't find the 5100 leveling setup. link on the thread doesn't seem to work either? I'll send them a PM. I do like the stock ride as this is not my offroad truck. Got another vehicle for that
PM replied

Thanks!
Old 04-08-2013, 11:26 AM   #10
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Pm'd about a set of 4 5100's shipped to Canada.

Also I was wondering what are your guys thoughts on reusing stock Sport coils with these shocks? These are original coils and now have 140k km (86k miles) on them. Does it matter, or should I budget for new OEM coils aswell? I'm not looking for lift, just looking to replace worn out stock shocks with something better. Thanks.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:18 AM   #11
Downsouth Motorsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten View Post
Pm'd about a set of 4 5100's shipped to Canada.

Also I was wondering what are your guys thoughts on reusing stock Sport coils with these shocks? These are original coils and now have 140k km (86k miles) on them. Does it matter, or should I budget for new OEM coils aswell? I'm not looking for lift, just looking to replace worn out stock shocks with something better. Thanks.
Morning,
saw your PM, i only work Tues-Thurs.. So i just got in this morning and i will reply to your PM soon

Micah
Old 05-11-2013, 02:45 PM   #12
4me2ply is on a distinguished road

4me2ply's Tacoma Gallery
I was looking on your site for ride height adjustable billstein 5100's to go on my tacoma. I don't see any?! Are you still selling them? If so please send me a link. 2011 tacoma 4x4
thanks
Old 05-14-2013, 09:56 AM   #13
Downsouth Motorsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4me2ply View Post
I was looking on your site for ride height adjustable billstein 5100's to go on my tacoma. I don't see any?! Are you still selling them? If so please send me a link. 2011 tacoma 4x4
thanks
PM'd
Old 05-16-2013, 06:06 PM   #14

4me2ply's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
PM'd
Ordered them...thanks
Look forward to getting them tomorrow
Old 05-17-2013, 08:38 PM   #15

4me2ply's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the fast shipping and answering my questions....stand up company
Old 05-21-2013, 07:38 AM   #16
Downsouth Motorsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4me2ply View Post
thanks for the fast shipping and answering my questions....stand up company
Thanks for your order