Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Downsouth Motorsports

Notices

What Shock length

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-06-2013, 11:24 AM   #1
Gianotti [OP] Gianotti is offline
Junior Member
Gianotti is on a distinguished road
Joined: Jan 2013, #95726
Gender: Male
Posts: 23
Gianotti's Tacoma Gallery
What Shock length

I am going to be putting a 7-8" lift on a 2013 tacoma, and need a find a good set of shocks, so i heard you are the guys to talk to. I would like a set of Bilsteins for the rear. I cant seem to find anything that is going to fit. I will be having Alcan make me a custom leaf pack set of 8" for the rear. I would like a shock that wont let me bottom out. So If i goto flex the truck out, the shock wont stop me. Please let me know if you can point me in the right direction. thanks
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:33 PM   #2
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Justus's Avatar
Name: Brock
Joined: Jan 2013, #94417
Location: Paso Robles
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,070
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
subbed for info.

have u tried calling 1-888-973-6967 ?

or filling out this form?


http://downsouthmotorsports.com/contact.html
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:30 AM   #3
Gianotti [OP] Gianotti is offline
Junior Member
Gianotti is on a distinguished road
Joined: Jan 2013, #95726
Gender: Male
Posts: 23
Gianotti's Tacoma Gallery
sent a message to them, ill see what they say!
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:17 AM   #4
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Downsouth Motorsports's Avatar
Joined: Nov 2008, #11116
Location: Mission Valley, San Diego
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,903
Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
Good morning,
No 5100's that will bolt directly into the stock location.
You will most likely need to run a 5125 in 14" Travel along with a stem conversion kit.
The only draw back will be the 5125 is not valved vehicle specific and only carries a 90 day warranty from date of purchase.
Let us know if there is anything that we can help you with.
Thank you,
Sonny



Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianotti View Post
I am going to be putting a 7-8" lift on a 2013 tacoma, and need a find a good set of shocks, so i heard you are the guys to talk to. I would like a set of Bilsteins for the rear. I cant seem to find anything that is going to fit. I will be having Alcan make me a custom leaf pack set of 8" for the rear. I would like a shock that wont let me bottom out. So If i goto flex the truck out, the shock wont stop me. Please let me know if you can point me in the right direction. thanks
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:35 AM   #5
Gianotti [OP] Gianotti is offline
Junior Member
Gianotti is on a distinguished road
Joined: Jan 2013, #95726
Gender: Male
Posts: 23
Gianotti's Tacoma Gallery
What other shock options do I have?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:20 PM   #6
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Downsouth Motorsports's Avatar
Joined: Nov 2008, #11116
Location: Mission Valley, San Diego
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,903
Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
Honestly....Not to many options because of the way the shock needs to mount..We maybe able to get ICON to build an emulsion shock in a 30" to 33" extended length?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianotti View Post
What other shock options do I have?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:33 PM   #7
Senior Member
bzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the rough
Joined: Jan 2011, #49986
Gender: Male
Posts: 603
bzzr2's Tacoma Gallery
ProComp ES3000/ES9000 SHOCK ABSORBERS

32156X 21.31 12.55 8.76 Stem (LG) Stem (LG) 2.36
32157X 21.75 13.15 8.6 Loop (2”) Stem (LG) 2.36
32250X 22.58 13.71 8.87 Loop Loop 2.36
32251X 22.75 13.54 9.21 Stem Loop 2.36
32255X 22.27 14.37 7.9 Loop Loop (2”) 2.36
32350X 23.24 14.31 8.93 Loop Loop 2.36
32450X 24.84 14.82 10.02 Loop Loop 2.36
32451X 24.7 14.52 10.18 Stem Loop 2.36
32550X 25.74 15.49 10.25 Loop Loop 2.36
32551X 25.75 15.04 10.71 Stem Loop 2.36
32553X 25.17 14.79 10.38 Stem Loop 2.36
32554X 25.23 15.22 10.01 Loop (2”) Loop (2”) 2.36
32555X 25.22 15.22 10 Stem (LG) Loop (2”) 2.36
32600X 25.99 15.39 10.6 Loop Loop 2
32650X 27.07 15.94 11.13 Loop Loop 2.36
32651X 26.79 15.56 11.23 Stem Loop 2.36
32750X 27.76 16.27 11.49 Loop Loop 2
32751X 27.29 15.8 11.49 Stem Loop 2
32950X 29.83 17.32 12.51 Loop Loop 2.36
32951X 29.77 17.09 12.68 Stem Loop 2.36
33200X 32.83 18.82 14.01 Loop Loop 2.36
33201X 31.76 18.25 13.51 Stem Loop 2.36
33400X 34 19.42 14.58 Loop Loop 2.36
33600X 35.88 20.36 15.52 Loop Loop 2.36

not sure if this will be of any help but 31.76 extended is something like 9-10inches longer than stock and should mount to stock mounts, compressed at 18.25 should be just fine with that monster leaf pack
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:38 PM   #8
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Downsouth Motorsports's Avatar
Joined: Nov 2008, #11116
Location: Mission Valley, San Diego
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,903
Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
There you go Pro Comp it is....
Handled...




Quote:
Originally Posted by bzzr2 View Post
ProComp ES3000/ES9000 SHOCK ABSORBERS

32156X 21.31 12.55 8.76 Stem (LG) Stem (LG) 2.36
32157X 21.75 13.15 8.6 Loop (2”) Stem (LG) 2.36
32250X 22.58 13.71 8.87 Loop Loop 2.36
32251X 22.75 13.54 9.21 Stem Loop 2.36
32255X 22.27 14.37 7.9 Loop Loop (2”) 2.36
32350X 23.24 14.31 8.93 Loop Loop 2.36
32450X 24.84 14.82 10.02 Loop Loop 2.36
32451X 24.7 14.52 10.18 Stem Loop 2.36
32550X 25.74 15.49 10.25 Loop Loop 2.36
32551X 25.75 15.04 10.71 Stem Loop 2.36
32553X 25.17 14.79 10.38 Stem Loop 2.36
32554X 25.23 15.22 10.01 Loop (2”) Loop (2”) 2.36
32555X 25.22 15.22 10 Stem (LG) Loop (2”) 2.36
32600X 25.99 15.39 10.6 Loop Loop 2
32650X 27.07 15.94 11.13 Loop Loop 2.36
32651X 26.79 15.56 11.23 Stem Loop 2.36
32750X 27.76 16.27 11.49 Loop Loop 2
32751X 27.29 15.8 11.49 Stem Loop 2
32950X 29.83 17.32 12.51 Loop Loop 2.36
32951X 29.77 17.09 12.68 Stem Loop 2.36
33200X 32.83 18.82 14.01 Loop Loop 2.36
33201X 31.76 18.25 13.51 Stem Loop 2.36
33400X 34 19.42 14.58 Loop Loop 2.36
33600X 35.88 20.36 15.52 Loop Loop 2.36

not sure if this will be of any help but 31.76 extended is something like 9-10inches longer than stock and should mount to stock mounts, compressed at 18.25 should be just fine with that monster leaf pack
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:28 PM   #9
Senior Member
bzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the rough
Joined: Jan 2011, #49986
Gender: Male
Posts: 603
bzzr2's Tacoma Gallery
hey, didn't realize this was in vendors section, didn't mean to jump in your thread.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:04 PM   #10
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Downsouth Motorsports's Avatar
Joined: Nov 2008, #11116
Location: Mission Valley, San Diego
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,903
Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
No worries...
Good that you found a shock with those dimensions...
No harm no foul...Its all good...
Thank you,
Sonny


Quote:
Originally Posted by bzzr2 View Post
hey, didn't realize this was in vendors section, didn't mean to jump in your thread.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rear Shock Length ae111black Suspension 23 01-12-2013 09:21 AM
Mild Lift vs shock length Flyin Brian Suspension 5 10-04-2011 07:43 PM
oem rear shock length - quick question DreDog 2nd Gen. Tacomas 0 09-28-2011 10:36 PM
Rear Shock length brs127s Suspension 0 06-14-2011 01:17 PM
rear shock length rab89 1st Gen. Tacomas 4 10-26-2009 10:55 PM


Copyright © 2014 Tacoma Forum. Tacoma World is not owned by, or affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation.