Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Downsouth Motorsports

Notices

Rear shock nut problem

Old 06-08-2013, 12:50 PM   #2
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveEli View Post
Just recieved my Icon VS 2.0 (CB# 2018) rear shocks. The nylock nut will not thread on to the shock. I could probably force in on but I don't want to damage the threads. It barely goes on half a turn. Any suggestions?
Ya, don't force it on. Where did you order from? Worst case bring the shock to your local hardware store and check a few lock nuts see if anything will thread on and work. If not, then the shock end may be bad.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:31 PM   #4
TRDFORME is on a distinguished road
TRDFORME's Tacoma Gallery
Ace hardware has a good bolt and nut selection. Check them out
Old 06-08-2013, 02:35 PM   #5
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Check the nut from the other shock you got and see if that one works. If it does, then it's just the nut you can get at any hardware store.

If the other doesn't go on, I would contact DSM and see about getting a replacement
Old 06-08-2013, 03:04 PM   #7
Cuz Stock Sucks!

Quote:
Neither nut works on either shock. Wonder if I got bad nuts. God that sounds bad.
They may have just had the wrong one's put in then. Which is better than bad threads. Take a shock to the store with ya. If your in the middle of Install, it's ok to drive w/o them on the rear. May be bouncy, so just take it easy.

I believe they are M12, just can't remember the pitch on it.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:17 PM   #9
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like to me they are the wrong thread pitch.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:18 AM   #10
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just recieved my Icon VS 2.0 (CB# 2018) rear shocks. The nylock nut will not thread on to the shock. I could probably force in on but I don't want to damage the threads. It barely goes on half a turn. Any suggestions?

Good morning Dave,

Did Icon provide the wrong nuts, or is the stem on the shock threaded incorrectly?

Micah
Old 06-12-2013, 04:29 AM   #11
DaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant futureDaveEli has a brilliant future

Name: David
DaveEli's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downsouth Motorsports View Post
Good morning Dave,

Did Icon provide the wrong nuts, or is the stem on the shock threaded incorrectly?

Micah
I talked to Neil at Downsouth. He called Icon and they said I could either get new shocks or I could try to tighten the nuts and see what happens. I decided to tighten the nuts down on the shocks. They went on tough for the first couple of turns but then loosed up. I guess they were just tight, but I was afraid of ruining the threads. I didn't want to do it till you guys and Icon said I wouldn't be responsible for ruined threads. All well that ends well. I want to thank you guys, and Icon for great customer service. Dave