Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Downsouth Motorsports

Notices

OME Coils and Shocks

Old 06-11-2013, 07:26 PM   #1
Dirty White Boy
Marc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
Marc M's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Marc M
OME Coils and Shocks

I have seen OME coils mentioned in posts as 886 and 886X. Is there a difference and are both available?

I currently run 885's and am putting on a plate bumper and winch.

I will be replacing my 5100's with the Nitrocharger Sport 90000 up front with 886's or 886X's.

Is the OME N182 an acceptable shock for a 3" lift in the rear?

Thank You
Old 06-11-2013, 07:35 PM   #2
Sje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Name: Sean
Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc M View Post
I have seen OME coils mentioned in posts as 886 and 886X. Is there a difference and are both available?

I will be replacing my 5100's with the Nitrocharger Sport 90000 up front with 886's or 886X's.

Thank You
The 886x's are the new updated coils. And I believe there the only ones avaliable. As for the N182's I have them with about 4" of lift in the rear.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:00 AM   #3
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc M View Post

Thank You
ARB has since changed the number to a 2886. This part number works on the trucks with heavy bumper/winch combos.

The N182 is the shock that ARB recommends to be used with the DAKAR pack which is a 2.75" lift, but with that being said I spoke to ARB tech and they claim that the shock is designed short to be used as the limiter in the rear end which is why they do not offer brake lines for the rear..
If the shock limits you then you do not need line is ARB's way of thinking.

If you want to provide me with extended and collapsed measurements then I can check them against the N182 and see if it will work.
You also have the option of the Bilstein 5100 that we offer that works for 3-4" inches of lift if the N182 doesn't work.

Micah
Old 06-14-2013, 04:39 PM   #4
Dirty White Boy
Marc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marc M's Tacoma Gallery
Order placed, Thanks Micah !!!

Marc M
Old 06-21-2013, 04:00 PM   #5
Dirty White Boy

Marc M's Tacoma Gallery
I was just asked by a member why I didn't get the sport shocks for the rear.

Do you have these available, and if so how can we go about exchanging them?

Thanks

Marc M
Old 06-24-2013, 08:29 AM   #6
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
ARB

PM'D