Old 10-19-2009, 09:27 AM   #1
mytoy04 is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: Tim
mytoy04's Tacoma Gallery
Another successful install to report

First things first
THANK YOU Sonny and Marco.
Got my 5100's installed this weekend on all four corners. Love the ride and it definately has a more stablized feel to it. The install went pretty well once I got some things figured out. The install was on an 04 and I was able to do it without removing anything but the top 3 and the bottom bolt. I then took to a small shop and paid only $10 to have the old shocks removed from springs and then the new ones installed. Once I got back home and thirty minutes later I was taking it for a test drive. I am super excited I was able to do this myself, WOW did it save me some bucks. Once again thanks to DownSouth, Great Guys, and Great Price.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:37 AM   #2
Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!
NraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
NraFan's Tacoma Gallery
Good to hear. Thanks for the info!!
Old 10-20-2009, 03:32 AM   #3
mytoy04 is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: Tim
mytoy04's Tacoma Gallery
You bet, I was really worried about doing this cuz of the post I've read and how some guys had to take off some other stuff to get the fronts off. I think those are from the 2nd gens tho. This is definately a do it yourself'r. Although I wasn't gonna try to compress the springs myself, the guy that did mine used four of the compressor clamps and an air ratchet, I thot there would've been no way I was gonna get those off.