Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Downsouth Motorsports

Notices

What's the promo code??

Old 03-13-2010, 11:34 AM   #1
Hell bent for leather
69z28 is on a distinguished road

69z28's Tacoma Gallery
What's the promo code??

What's the promo code for downsouth so I can order up some 5100's?
Old 03-15-2010, 07:03 AM   #2
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
Smile Promo Code

Fronts Only: BIL0509-1

Fonts and Rears: BIL0509

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69z28 View Post
What's the promo code for downsouth so I can order up some 5100's?
Old 03-15-2010, 09:05 AM   #3
Hell bent for leather
69z28 is on a distinguished road

69z28's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Thank you
Old 03-23-2010, 07:04 PM   #4
Shack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lane
Shack's Tacoma Gallery
Promo code was invalid for me.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:08 PM   #5
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Shack: what were you trying to order?
Old 03-24-2010, 07:34 AM   #6
Shack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Shack's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein 5100 front only. I tried using BIL0509-1 code but it was telling me it was invalid. Thanks for the quick response!
Old 03-24-2010, 10:33 AM   #7

Shack's Tacoma Gallery
After dealing with Downsouth Motorsports today, they now have a customer for life. It wasn't even the discount, it was the quick attentive service. I found myself wondering, "What have I done to deserve such service?"

The thing is all businesses should be run this way, the truth is that Downsouth Motorsports actually exceeds what is normally considered excellence. Thanks DM!
Old 03-24-2010, 11:30 AM   #8
Downsouth Motorsport

Thank you for the kind words, and we truly appreciate your support! Your shocks are boxed and waiting for UPS to pick up.....

Take Care!
Old 03-24-2010, 10:41 PM   #9
SAlNlDllvllAlNl is on a distinguished road
Name: Rob
SAlNlDllvllAlNl's Tacoma Gallery
Just because I read great reviews on Downsouth Motorsports and of course they are local SD for me I had to order from them! Just placed my order for my 5100 billies! Can't wait to get em!
Old 03-24-2010, 10:49 PM   #10
1998tacoma4x4 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
1998tacoma4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downsouth Motorsports View Post
Fronts Only: BIL0509-1

Fonts and Rears: BIL0509
I have a question about the Bilstein 5125 shocks. I am pairing them with a deaver j59 pack. I was told to get the 8.5" length, so i am getting your 8.60", but my question is will the valving be too soft. I am going to be mainly street driving but when i go offroad i dont want the back end to be bottoming the whole time. Would your 8.23" shock be more ideal?
Old 03-25-2010, 09:05 AM   #11
Downsouth Motorsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998tacoma4x4 View Post
I have a question about the Bilstein 5125 shocks. I am pairing them with a deaver j59 pack. I was told to get the 8.5" length, so i am getting your 8.60", but my question is will the valving be too soft. I am going to be mainly street driving but when i go offroad i dont want the back end to be bottoming the whole time. Would your 8.23" shock be more ideal?
Valving will be fine. More concerned with the length. This question has come up a lot lately, for different rear set ups on the Gen. 1 Tacomas. The stock shocks are around 19.5" on the driver's side, and 21" on the passenger side, extended. And they're 12.8" and 13.20" respectively, compressed. The 8.6" travel are 22.5" extended and 14" compressed. The objective for you, would be to find the shock that will allow the full droop travel, but still be short enough on compressed length to work.

We would recommend that you cycle your suspension, after the springs are installed. Take some measurements, and we can help you determine which length will be the best. With that spring, you might want to go with a 9.24" travel, and adjust your bump stops if necessary. It just depends on what the fully extended measurement will be.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:43 AM   #12

Quote:
Valving will be fine. More concerned with the length. This question has come up a lot lately, for different rear set ups on the Gen. 1 Tacomas. The stock shocks are around 19.5" on the driver's side, and 21" on the passenger side, extended. And they're 12.8" and 13.20" respectively, compressed. The 8.6" travel are 22.5" extended and 14" compressed. The objective for you, would be to find the shock that will allow the full droop travel, but still be short enough on compressed length to work.

We would recommend that you cycle your suspension, after the springs are installed. Take some measurements, and we can help you determine which length will be the best. With that spring, you might want to go with a 9.24" travel, and adjust your bump stops if necessary. It just depends on what the fully extended measurement will be.
What would happen if i ordered 9.24" for both sides, would it be too long for both sides?
Old 03-25-2010, 10:30 AM   #13
Downsouth Motorsport

The concern is when the rear springs flex, or articulate, especially if it happens with speed. The compressed length may be a tight fit. And if they bottom out hard, you could cause some damage. You would just possibly have to adjust your bump stops to keep the shocks from bottoming out before the springs.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:51 PM   #14

Quote:
The concern is when the rear springs flex, or articulate, especially if it happens with speed. The compressed length may be a tight fit. And if they bottom out hard, you could cause some damage. You would just possibly have to adjust your bump stops to keep the shocks from bottoming out before the springs.
This might seem dumb, but how would i go about adjusting my bump stops i thought they were solid rubber.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:26 PM   #15
Downsouth Motorsport

1998tacoma4x4:
With some applications you may have to relocate the factory bump stop so the bump bottoms out before the shock does.I think Bilstein uses the term "Modify" the factory bump stop.Whether you install a larger bump or fabricate something for your factory bump. Also there is no such thing as a dumb question...only dumb answers!!

Thank you,
Sonny
Old 03-25-2010, 05:46 PM   #16

Quote:
1998tacoma4x4:
With some applications you may have to relocate the factory bump stop so the bump bottoms out before the shock does.I think Bilstein uses the term "Modify" the factory bump stop.Whether you install a larger bump or fabricate something for your factory bump. Also there is no such thing as a dumb question...only dumb answers!!

Thank you,
Sonny
Ok thank you very much for your help, i have found where im buying my shocks from soon..
Old 11-23-2010, 10:51 AM   #18
Downsouth Motorsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaGRG View Post
Do you guys offer a discount for only the rears?
Here you go...
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/dow...ml#post2188999

Let us know if we can help you with anything else....

Thanks,
Marco & Sonny