Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Downsouth Motorsports

Notices

DSM Bilstein 5100 2nd Gen Series Shocks Update

Old 09-02-2011, 08:23 AM   #201
litegide24 is a jewel in the roughlitegide24 is a jewel in the roughlitegide24 is a jewel in the rough
litegide24's Tacoma Gallery
New truck, thoughts of the TSB leaf pack and 5100's in front...

Question:

I have a 2011 double cab (2.7) SR5 Prerunner, I would like to do the rear leaf TSB. A dealership said they would order the parts but warned the nice cushy ride will be forever gone and will be extremely stiff ounce TSB is completed... They printed the tsb paperwork and gave it to me, the non-trd prerunner looks like it includes rear shocks, new leafs, full alignment.

I heard this TSB will raise the truck 1" in the rear, I would like to purchase front 5100's and see if they'll install them (labor only cost), i also have the toytec spacer (for taco lean)... Will I still need that if I have adjustable 5100's in the front?

Hopefully the 5100's out front will help level off the 1" gained from the TSB.
Do you think this will help?

Thanks
Old 09-02-2011, 10:00 AM   #202
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by litegide24 View Post
Question:

I have a 2011 double cab (2.7) SR5 Prerunner, I would like to do the rear leaf TSB. A dealership said they would order the parts but warned the nice cushy ride will be forever gone and will be extremely stiff ounce TSB is completed... They printed the tsb paperwork and gave it to me, the non-trd prerunner looks like it includes rear shocks, new leafs, full alignment.

I heard this TSB will raise the truck 1" in the rear, I would like to purchase front 5100's and see if they'll install them (labor only cost), i also have the toytec spacer (for taco lean)... Will I still need that if I have adjustable 5100's in the front?

Hopefully the 5100's out front will help level off the 1" gained from the TSB.
Do you think this will help?

Thanks
They tell you that to scare you so they don't have to do "free work". Get it done. It's not really harsh. I found it still too soft, especially with a quad in the bed. Not to mention your quad is probably 150lbs heavier than mine.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:06 PM   #203
litegide24 is a jewel in the roughlitegide24 is a jewel in the roughlitegide24 is a jewel in the rough
litegide24's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWreck View Post
They tell you that to scare you so they don't have to do "free work". Get it done. It's not really harsh. I found it still too soft, especially with a quad in the bed. Not to mention your quad is probably 150lbs heavier than mine.
I went to Toyota dealer today but he said he can't order them until they verify components, although said that is normal and scheduled it for Tuesday inspection as well as first oil change, tire rotation etc, whatever they do for the 5k mile maintenance.

I ordered the 5100's for the front. I hope the dealer is flexible and will install a part that I supply... Considering 4th leaf TSB, what setting would you choose on the adjustable 5100's for the front?

I'm leaving the back shocks alone, i found out that they don't change them on the 2011's (just the springs).

Also, would you put the toytec spacer in? I already have it. I wonder if I should go lower on the 5100 setting if used in conjunction w/the spacer. Really not sure how this will go down but I only want to do an alignment once (when they do the TSB.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:36 PM   #204
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
I forsee you having to put the 5100s in beforehand. And if you have them install them they may charge you for the alignment seeing as how it is no longer the typical TSB. I recommend making nice with a service writer and asking if they will. BTW, I'd recommend the 1.75" setting.
Old 09-04-2011, 06:58 PM   #205
trich7 is on a distinguished road
trich7's Tacoma Gallery
I'm wanting 5100s on all 4. Does that promo code work still?
Old 09-14-2011, 06:31 PM   #206
RightCoastRipper is on a distinguished road
Name: Devin
RightCoastRipper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trich7 View Post
I'm wanting 5100s on all 4. Does that promo code work still?
also curious
Old 09-14-2011, 08:28 PM   #207
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Put it in a cart, submit code and see. No need to buy!
Old 09-14-2011, 09:11 PM   #208
Quote:
Put it in a cart, submit code and see. No need to buy!
tried that and failed.

thought maybe the code changed. if not, it would be nice to hear that they're not running it anymore from dsm
Old 09-14-2011, 09:13 PM   #209
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Try give them a call. They don't like posting up the code because everyone gets a hold of it.
Theyve always honored the TW discount and have always helped members.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:37 PM   #210
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
Hi,
This is Sonny, Marco handles the TW Stuff but I saw this come through and I was on the computer anyway....

You will need to register on our site first and place the item in the cart and
put in the code in the red box...
Fronts and Rears Gen.2: Code is BIL0509
Fronts Only Gen 2: Code is BIL0509-1
Put the code in the red box and hit checkout and it will come up with the forum member price and then finish the check out...
I just tried it as a customer and it worked...If it does not work...Call us
its toll free 1-888-973-6967....
Thanks and Have a good night,
Sonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightCoastRipper View Post
tried that and failed.

thought maybe the code changed. if not, it would be nice to hear that they're not running it anymore from dsm
Old 09-14-2011, 09:39 PM   #211
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downsouth Motorsports View Post
Hi,
This is Sonny, Marco handles the TW Stuff but I saw this come through and I was on the computer anyway....

Put the code in the red box and hit checkout and it will come up with the forum member price and then finish the check out...
Sonny

DSM saves the day once again.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:43 PM   #212
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

We have not changed the codes and we are not planning to anytime soon...
FYI....
Thanks,
Sonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightCoastRipper View Post
tried that and failed.

Old 09-14-2011, 10:02 PM   #213
pantherballhp will become famous soon enough
pantherballhp's Tacoma Gallery
I definitely will be ordering mine next month. awesome price!
Old 09-15-2011, 09:19 AM   #214
Awesome, thanks for clearing that up. Its working great
Old 07-07-2012, 12:53 AM   #215
HAWAIIAN
808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Cyber Transport Systems
Name: Lawson
808TacoMan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hi,

Sonny
I tried the code, won't work.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:08 AM   #216
HAWAIIAN
808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed808TacoMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Cyber Transport Systems
Name: Lawson
808TacoMan's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered Through eBay

nevermind i just put an order through ebay!!!!
STOKED
Old 07-07-2012, 03:56 PM   #217
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Billy 5100 with OME 886 coils set at .85" and TC UCAs.

Marco, how much for the longer travel 5100s for the rear if picked up?
Old 07-07-2012, 10:27 PM   #218
Dirty G is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: Steve
Dirty G's Tacoma Gallery
What is stopping me from putting 2011 Tundra 5100s on my Tacoma? I would adjust the front bump stop and add an Icon 3 leaf pack. Will there be any other comparability issues?
Old 07-09-2012, 05:21 PM   #219
Downsouth Motorsport

Quote:
Billy 5100 with OME 886 coils set at .85" and TC UCAs.

Marco, how much for the longer travel 5100s for the rear if picked up?
It's easier to let me just ship them to you in NV, because there will be no sales tax. If you pick them up here in CA, we have to charge you CA sales tax & will end up paying more...

-Marco
Old 07-09-2012, 06:45 PM   #220
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's easier to let me just ship them to you in NV, because there will be no sales tax. If you pick them up here in CA, we have to charge you CA sales tax & will end up paying more...

-Marco
Understood! Hopefully in the next few weeks. Gotta sell more armor.