Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Downsouth Motorsports

Notices

DSM Bilstein 5100 2nd Gen Series Shocks Update

Old 07-23-2010, 06:21 PM   #42
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Still waiting for info on torque specs. Anyone have an idea?
Old 07-23-2010, 07:22 PM   #43
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
Hi,
This is Sonny from DSM....I am not sure what torques specs you are looking for so I figured I would chime in.
The torque specs would be the same as if you were R & R the factory strut.You should be able to get the specs from the Dealer or a Repair manual.
As an example this what I was able to find online:
http://www.ncttora.com/FSM/2003/Repa.../sa/torspe.pdf
Hope this helps..
Have a Good weekend.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWreck View Post
Still waiting for info on torque specs. Anyone have an idea?
Old 07-23-2010, 10:11 PM   #44
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, I'll have to look around!
Old 07-24-2010, 01:03 PM   #45
Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!
KenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ヽ(`Д´)ノ
KenpachiZaraki's Tacoma Gallery
Well it looks like I blew out my front shocks, i need to upgradeso I'll be keeping an eye out for a new batch. I hope you guys get some in soon!
Old 07-24-2010, 01:35 PM   #46
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
subscribed.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:53 PM   #47
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Installed all 4 today! Install was very simple. I ended up with 2-3/4" lift in the front. Stiffer ride however, it hugs the road a lot better now. Waiting to do TSB in the rear. Thanks bunches DSM!
Before

After

Old 07-25-2010, 09:09 PM   #48
Give 'er
wtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
wtbthree's Tacoma Gallery
Any idea when you guys are getting both front and rears in again? And what kind of discount do we get? thanks
Old 07-25-2010, 09:33 PM   #49
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtbthree View Post
Any idea when you guys are getting both front and rears in again? And what kind of discount do we get? thanks
At this time we don't have an ETA. Discount codes have been posted previously on this thread. PM us for a quote....

Thank you,
Marco
Old 08-10-2010, 11:09 AM   #50
Downsouth Motorsport

They're in!!!!!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post2049480
Old 08-14-2010, 05:02 AM   #51
jdaniel1463 is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
jdaniel1463's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered 4 today . Cant wait to lift her up a few inches. Thanks to the guys from Downsouth for the extra discount on an already low price to forum members. John
Old 09-18-2010, 09:11 AM   #53
skichiiwa is on a distinguished road
skichiiwa's Tacoma Gallery
how about just the rears?

is there a code, a link and a price for just the rears?
Old 09-19-2010, 09:06 AM   #54
Downsouth Motorsport

Good Morning,

I just made a listing on our site for the rear shocks for the Gen 2 Tacoma's.
The Bilstein 5100 Series Rear Shock that usually come in our set of "4".
Here is the link:
http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-51...ar-shocks.html
Also just made a Discount Code for all of you as well:
BIL0509R
The code will work the same as the other codes, you will need to register on our site first and then place your order and then plug in the code and and hit checkout.
This code is for the rear shocks only and you also have the choice to choose the shocks for 0"-1.5" Rear Lift and 3"-4" Rear Lift.
Hope this helps and let us know if you have any questions or have any issues with using the code.
Thank you,
Sonny
Old 09-25-2010, 10:02 PM   #55
Beerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Beerrun's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered a front set today. Can't wait too get the nose up. I couldn't get the code to work, so you can just donate my discount.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:48 PM   #56
slick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Security Forces, 2002-2005
slick_711's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered the set of 4. Excited to get them on the truck.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:41 PM   #57
Gadvan is on a distinguished road

Gadvan's Tacoma Gallery
dsm, can you please help.... im kinda new to this but anyway i wana do a 3inch lift on my 05 taco 4x4 and was wondering what do you think should do , i was thinking billies in the front and add a leaf in the back??? wana keep it under 500 or less, any ideas would be great thanks
Old 10-19-2010, 07:31 AM   #58
Quick_1911 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brad
Quick_1911's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered my 5100 fronts today! Can't wait to get em on!
Old 10-19-2010, 07:57 AM   #59
Downsouth Motorsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadvan View Post
dsm, can you please help.... im kinda new to this but anyway i wana do a 3inch lift on my 05 taco 4x4 and was wondering what do you think should do , i was thinking billies in the front and add a leaf in the back??? wana keep it under 500 or less, any ideas would be great thanks
5100s would be a great choice, and well within your budget. They will provide 2.5 of lift up front, with out you having to buy any other parts. Most will go with a 1.5" AAL in the rear, for the truck to sit close to level.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:16 AM   #60
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered my 5100s for the front yesterday. Can't wait to get them on this weekend.