Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   Downsouth Motorsports (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/downsouth-motorsports/)
-   -   Bilstein/ RCD 5100s at a GREAT price! (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/downsouth-motorsports/253712-bilstein-rcd-5100s-great-price.html)

Jreb1328 12-17-2012 11:26 AM

Bilstein/ RCD 5100s at a GREAT price!

Just wanted to use my first post to throw a bone to DSM. :) Just ordered a set of 5100s at a GREAT price. For those of you just looking to level out your Tacoma without adding height to the rear, these are perfect.

This is from DSM...**"For use on a NON-TSB rear leaf pack with an AAL -or- For TSB rear springs with out an AAL"**

They're $299.99 for all four and shipping is free. Here's the link.:D:D

http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-82...djustable.html

I can't wait to get them and put them on! Enjoy!

RGosen 02-19-2013 05:16 PM

The link dont work lol and im in canada would it still be free shipping ?

Downsouth Motorsports 02-20-2013 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RGosen (Post 6466035)
The link dont work lol and im in canada would it still be free shipping ?

Good morning,
We are updating our site and the products have been moved around.
Sorry the shipping is not free to Canada.
We normally try and ship to Canada via USPS due to UPS having high brokerage
fees once the order crosses the border. Usps seems to be a little more friendly
about it then UPS. The shipping is normally around $70.00 for Usps International
Parcel post and the transit time is normally 7 to 12 business days from the ship date.

Justus 02-20-2013 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Downsouth Motorsports (Post 6468967)
Good morning,
We are updating our site and the products have been moved around.
Sorry the shipping is not free to Canada.
We normally try and ship to Canada via USPS due to UPS having high brokerage
fees once the order crosses the border. Usps seems to be a little more friendly
about it then UPS. The shipping is normally around $70.00 for Usps International
Parcel post and the transit time is normally 7 to 12 business days from the ship date.

u guys are up early!

RGosen, u cant beat the customer support from DSM.....free shipping or not, these guys are the best :headbang:

Downsouth Motorsports 02-20-2013 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justus (Post 6468978)
u guys are up early!

RGosen, u cant beat the customer support from DSM.....free shipping or not, these guys are the best :headbang:

Yeah, I have to try and do e mails and messages at night and early am,
The phone rings at the shop and I am still working on shocks during the day
most of the time. Plus its just us 2 1/2 men running around trying to get stuff done.
I will go ahead and apologize if I take a few days to get to some of your PM's.
Ha,ha....
Sonny

Brett C 03-07-2013 12:42 PM

Just ordered mine . Thanks

Justus 03-07-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Downsouth Motorsports (Post 6468988)
Yeah, I have to try and do e mails and messages at night and early am,
The phone rings at the shop and I am still working on shocks during the day
most of the time. Plus its just us 2 1/2 men running around trying to get stuff done.
I will go ahead and apologize if I take a few days to get to some of your PM's.
Ha,ha....
Sonny

2.5 men?

Please tell me Charlie Sheen isn't involved.......

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brett C (Post 6552264)
Just ordered mine . Thanks

Make sure if u got 5100 fronts, to read up on proper install.....id link a thread for ya and a pic but im on my phone.

Its common for people (even shops) to install the spring perch upside down......the perch has a bevel or kinda like a race on 1 side....the convex part should be pointing UP.

The part facing down should look fairly flat.....when installed, the adjustment clip should NOT be visible do to the perch covering it some....its hard to explain without pics, but once u have seen it 1 time, u will not forget......

As for the adjustment ring/clip......use ur fingers/thumb to move it out of 1 groove and into the 1 u want.....no need for tools on this part.

Someone post a link or pic prease?
We have all seen this mistake happen a lot.

~brock

havasu1 03-13-2013 09:00 PM

Quick question, how is the new 5100 shock upgrade ride compared to the stock PreRunner Ride with the factory bilsteins? I went to the downsouthmotorsports website and couldn't find the 5100 leveling setup. link on the thread doesn't seem to work either? I'll send them a PM. I do like the stock ride as this is not my offroad truck. Got another vehicle for that

Downsouth Motorsports 03-20-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by havasu1 (Post 6586064)
Quick question, how is the new 5100 shock upgrade ride compared to the stock PreRunner Ride with the factory bilsteins? I went to the downsouthmotorsports website and couldn't find the 5100 leveling setup. link on the thread doesn't seem to work either? I'll send them a PM. I do like the stock ride as this is not my offroad truck. Got another vehicle for that

PM replied:D

Thanks!

kryten 04-08-2013 12:26 PM

Pm'd about a set of 4 5100's shipped to Canada.

Also I was wondering what are your guys thoughts on reusing stock Sport coils with these shocks? These are original coils and now have 140k km (86k miles) on them. Does it matter, or should I budget for new OEM coils aswell? I'm not looking for lift, just looking to replace worn out stock shocks with something better. Thanks.

Downsouth Motorsports 04-09-2013 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kryten (Post 6713062)
Pm'd about a set of 4 5100's shipped to Canada.

Also I was wondering what are your guys thoughts on reusing stock Sport coils with these shocks? These are original coils and now have 140k km (86k miles) on them. Does it matter, or should I budget for new OEM coils aswell? I'm not looking for lift, just looking to replace worn out stock shocks with something better. Thanks.

Morning,
saw your PM, i only work Tues-Thurs.. So i just got in this morning and i will reply to your PM soon:D

Micah

4me2ply 05-11-2013 03:45 PM

I was looking on your site for ride height adjustable billstein 5100's to go on my tacoma. I don't see any?! Are you still selling them? If so please send me a link. 2011 tacoma 4x4
thanks

Downsouth Motorsports 05-14-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4me2ply (Post 6874725)
I was looking on your site for ride height adjustable billstein 5100's to go on my tacoma. I don't see any?! Are you still selling them? If so please send me a link. 2011 tacoma 4x4
thanks

PM'd

4me2ply 05-16-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Downsouth Motorsports (Post 6886788)
PM'd

Ordered them...thanks
Look forward to getting them tomorrow

4me2ply 05-17-2013 09:38 PM

thanks for the fast shipping and answering my questions....stand up company

Downsouth Motorsports 05-21-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4me2ply (Post 6905073)
thanks for the fast shipping and answering my questions....stand up company

Thanks for your order:D