Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Elite Off-Road

Notices

Elite Off Road Receiver Hitch Guard

Old 11-18-2010, 06:27 PM   #41
Timicha
Timicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIM
Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03coma View Post
Timicha can you make one out of stainless steel?
yes but it'll be more expensive
Old 11-18-2010, 06:51 PM   #42
Timicha
Timicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker_troy View Post
Got it!

Good to know that if I ever need to:
A) knock over a armored car
B) bust some one out of a mexican prison
or C) storm a medivel castle
I now have a battering ram that I can do it with!

In other words the thing is bad@ss and very heavy duty. Love it! Feel sorry for anyone who might be a little late on the brakes and bump this thing.

Now I will have to put my hitch back on since I took it off to keep it from scraping last month at the off road park.

Thanks Tim!!!!!
haha thats pretty funny, me and one of my room mates call it the battering ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcfrank View Post
Got mine today and being an ex metal fabricator I can attest to the high quality and superior craftsmanship. Very nice part, I cant wait to back into something soft, like a Honda!
thanks man and post pics when you get that honda
Old 11-19-2010, 04:55 AM   #43
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Just out of curiousity, could you say tow a vehicle out of a ditch or mud hole with this thing if you needed to? I'm thinking if you wrapped a chain around the shaft portion but it would put some stress on the plate. Not saying I'd do something like that or anything... I'm guessing if it were you're only option it'd hold up fine, especially since I'm hearing the term 'battering ram' being thrown around as a description. Can't wait til mine shows up!
Old 11-19-2010, 08:38 AM   #44
Timicha

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Just out of curiousity, could you say tow a vehicle out of a ditch or mud hole with this thing if you needed to? I'm thinking if you wrapped a chain around the shaft portion but it would put some stress on the plate. Not saying I'd do something like that or anything... I'm guessing if it were you're only option it'd hold up fine, especially since I'm hearing the term 'battering ram' being thrown around as a description. Can't wait til mine shows up!
hmmm i would think this thing can handle it because of all the bends it has that strengthens it, i'm not going to suggest doing that though, what i would suggest is one of these for doing that
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...ml#post1727836
Old 11-19-2010, 09:46 AM   #45
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timicha View Post
hmmm i would think this thing can handle it because of all the bends it has that strengthens it, i'm not going to suggest doing that though, what i would suggest is one of these for doing that
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...ml#post1727836
I see what you did there... marketing! I wouldn't make a habit of it since it's not intended for it, but every once in a while you see some poor soul off the road (especially now that winter is coming) that just needs a tug to get back on their way. I've always got a 10,000 chain with me also just in case, just no where on my truck to pull from besides the hitch.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:53 AM   #46
Timicha

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I see what you did there... marketing! I wouldn't make a habit of it since it's not intended for it, but every once in a while you see some poor soul off the road (especially now that winter is coming) that just needs a tug to get back on their way. I've always got a 10,000 chain with me also just in case, just no where on my truck to pull from besides the hitch.
ya it should be fine and if anything it would maybe bend an edge or somthing but that 3/16's steel is pretty damn strong
Old 11-19-2010, 03:49 PM   #48
Timicha

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark C. View Post
Got mine! Thanks Tim! Looks great! Will paint it up and install it....and post some pics!
sweet!

If anyone wants stickers to put on their truck or on the face of the guard let me know!
Old 11-19-2010, 06:11 PM   #49
Metallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to behold
Metallikatz3's Tacoma Gallery
Just got mine tonight! And it does look like a beefy battering ram. Paints drying now, I'll put it in tomorrow and test it out with the hi-lift
Old 11-20-2010, 07:14 AM   #50
RCL will become famous soon enoughRCL will become famous soon enough

Army:
Name: Bob
RCL's Tacoma Gallery
Tim-if you ship by USPS please use my P.O. Box. Would like to have a sticker.
Thanks,
RCL
Old 11-20-2010, 11:13 AM   #51
Timicha

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallikatz3 View Post
Just got mine tonight! And it does look like a beefy battering ram. Paints drying now, I'll put it in tomorrow and test it out with the hi-lift
glad you got it and are happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCL View Post
Tim-if you ship by USPS please use my P.O. Box. Would like to have a sticker.
Thanks,
RCL
alright it'll be sent to your P.O. box and i'm having stickers made now so i'm not sure if they will be ready by the time i ship these out so i'll send the stickers seperate to everyone that wants them.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:02 PM   #52
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
did you ship this week?

Old 11-23-2010, 04:41 PM   #53

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Hey, if you didn't ship mine yet, could you throw a stick in with mine? I'll rock one on the back glass!
Old 11-24-2010, 07:00 PM   #54
Timicha

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
1 spot left until the price increases! who's going to get it
Old 11-24-2010, 07:01 PM   #55
Timicha

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey, if you didn't ship mine yet, could you throw a stick in with mine? I'll rock one on the back glass!
ya i'll throw one in if they get printed, other wise i'll just mail one to you later on
Old 11-24-2010, 07:02 PM   #56
Timicha

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
did you ship this week?

unfortunatly no , i got swamped with school and had to finish a bumper yesterday so i was working pretty late on that. they will ship as soon as i get back from thanksgiving at my parents
Old 11-28-2010, 06:33 PM   #57
Timicha

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
got some boxed up and will ship tomorrow
Old 11-29-2010, 07:47 AM   #58

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timicha View Post
got some boxed up and will ship tomorrow
Old 11-29-2010, 07:53 AM   #59
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
x2
Old 11-29-2010, 01:11 PM   #60
If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!
Mark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LCDR Mustang (Ret) - 30 yrs - Submarine and Target Service
Name: Mark
Mark C.'s Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Hitch Cover!

Installed Reese Hitch with Standard ole Reese Cover.

New Elite Hitch Cover installed after painting flat Black with 3 coats of flat clear coat.