Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Elite Off-Road

Notices

ELITE Long Travel!! Thoughts Please

Old 11-22-2010, 09:37 PM   #21
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettb View Post
Except he would test it, he has software programs he would test it on he would through it on his truck. I would trust it. Anyday
Software are very good for testing and simulating but I would rather trust and buy something that is race proven vs software proven
Old 11-22-2010, 09:48 PM   #22
Timicha
Timicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIM
Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbmx View Post
As far as size goes, I think 3.5 is best in order to fit the tundra axles for the 4wd guys. Boxed arms would deffinately make this kit stand out from the rest.
ya thats exactly what i was thinking with the 3.5, i've been researching a bit for the last few months

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
horizontal uni ball upper, uni ball lower, boxed upper and lowers, strike pad for air bump, 3-4" per side, heim steering, heim uppers.

something like the front end that the shop i take my truck to built (not my in the pics) look at pic 4 and 5 on the bottom of the page

http://www.frontlinefab.com/page822.html

GOOD LUCK!!!
ya that looks sick, in the end i'll probably end up going with the boxed upper with the horizontal uni-ball it looks pretty damn stout and i like the idea of it, theirs going to be a lot of testing involved in this so what ever we decide to build, i'll throw a guarantee on it for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
Throw caution to the wind and build something like this.

except maybe heim lowers. From a business perspective, the market is saturated. 99% of the drivers want the look and dgaf about performance. The ones who do care about performance won't risk purchasing a product from a college student working out of his garage. Build it. Brand it. Race it. What wins on Sunday sells on Monday.
ya the kit wont be available until they have been tested and put through their paces, i'm not going to sell anything that i wouldn't trust on my truck, thats just asking for trouble.
as for the garage i'm only in it for 2 more weeks and then I'll be moving to a shop in town. renting part of the shop that my cnc guy is in, I'll have access to cut anything when ever and if you knew the engineer I'm working with you'd trust just about anything he builds, he's a damn genius haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
x2
I have been looking into LT for a while here... My suspension is completely shot so something legit that wouldn't break the bank would be very nice!
ya i'm going to do my best and the kit will be legit i can guarantee that
Old 11-22-2010, 09:51 PM   #23
Timicha
Timicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePho? View Post
Software are very good for testing and simulating but I would rather trust and buy something that is race proven vs software proven
all i can say is wait till its finished, i'll be running the kit and i would never sell anything if i had any doubt in it. there will be tons of testing, i'm not going to be whipping a kit out in a few weeks if that's what your thinking, its going to be a long process and it'll be done right
Old 11-22-2010, 09:57 PM   #24
Tearmytaco
rzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
rzimm001's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
Throw caution to the wind and build something like this.

except maybe heim lowers. From a business perspective, the market is saturated. 99% of the drivers want the look and dgaf about performance. The ones who do care about performance won't risk purchasing a product from a college student working out of his garage. Build it. Brand it. Race it. What wins on Sunday sells on Monday.

X2.. There's already bad ass kits on the market. Price point is your avenue. If you can't build it cheap you'll be competing with too many big names. You may have to go tubed all around to keep the price reasonable.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:38 PM   #25
Timicha

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzimm001 View Post
X2.. There's already bad ass kits on the market. Price point is your avenue. If you can't build it cheap you'll be competing with too many big names. You may have to go tubed all around to keep the price reasonable.
i'll defenetly be doing boxed on the bottom, i love the look of it will be way stronger. the cost wont be to bad because i will be working out of the shop with my cnc guy so i'll be getting a pretty good deal with cutting and he can order metal at a pretty good discount with the amount he buys. and yes i realize the other kits on the market are from reputable big companies so my kit is going to have to be put to the test and shown that it can handle everything thrown at it, and it will be cheaper, no doubt about that
Old 11-22-2010, 10:41 PM   #26
Tearmytaco
rzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
rzimm001's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timicha View Post
i'll defenetly be doing boxed on the bottom, i love the look of it will be way stronger. the cost wont be to bad because i will be working out of the shop with my cnc guy so i'll be getting a pretty good deal with cutting and he can order metal at a pretty good discount with the amount he buys. and yes i realize the other kits on the market are from reputable big companies so my kit is going to have to be put to the test and shown that it can handle everything thrown at it, and it will be cheaper, no doubt about that
More power to you if you can do it. Boxed lowers would certainly be more comforting. I'll be keeping an eye on your progress. Might be tempting
Old 11-22-2010, 10:43 PM   #27
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
Ah hem... 5luggers?
Quote:
Old 11-22-2010, 10:47 PM   #28
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
4.5 over
Old 11-22-2010, 10:48 PM   #29
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Something you might do (Ruff Stuff Specialties does this) When they build stuff one of their tests is that they build it and then have it crushed in a press so they know exactly what the breaking point of their products are. I'm sure Camburg and Total Chaos do this as well.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:06 PM   #30
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
Tube uppers, boxed lowers, 3.5" over is plenty. Don't do horizontal uniball uppers, that will just make it more expensive needing new spindles and will appeal to less people
Old 11-23-2010, 12:10 AM   #31
Timicha

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzimm001 View Post
More power to you if you can do it. Boxed lowers would certainly be more comforting. I'll be keeping an eye on your progress. Might be tempting
ya boxed lowers are definitely going to happen i want to stay away from tube on the lowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by schiz94 View Post
Ah hem... 5luggers?
maybe in the future but right now i've got access to 1st gen's and my i've got some people i know with 2nd gen TRD's, so after this is all if i can get ahold of a 5 lugger on a regular basis then maybe it could happen but it'll be a long time from now if it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkrider101 View Post
4.5 over
probably going to stick with 3.5 over to retain 4x4, eventually i'll hope to offer a more extreme kit that is wider for pre-runners

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaes View Post
Something you might do (Ruff Stuff Specialties does this) When they build stuff one of their tests is that they build it and then have it crushed in a press so they know exactly what the breaking point of their products are. I'm sure Camburg and Total Chaos do this as well.
ya, i plan to build and destroy quite a few test kits before anything gets tested on a vehichle, the school i go to has all that kind of strength testing machines so i'm going to be using them as much as i can. the engineer helping me is also employed by the school so he has full access to it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cummins6speed View Post
Tube uppers, boxed lowers, 3.5" over is plenty. Don't do horizontal uniball uppers, that will just make it more expensive needing new spindles and will appeal to less people
good point there, i'll have to look into this more if anything it'll end up being vertical uniball's on both
Old 11-23-2010, 12:26 AM   #32
MaTt98 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
MaTt98's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
whoever one-stared this thread is a douche canoe

haha wow ive never heard someone called that very interesting!
Old 11-23-2010, 01:54 AM   #33
Timicha

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTt98 View Post
haha wow ive never heard someone called that very interesting!
hey central point huh your only like 45 minutes from me
Old 11-23-2010, 03:49 AM   #34
Camburg :)
Ptowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryce
Ptowntaco's Tacoma Gallery
Hey i am serious about your kit. I would love to get a good deal on it and help you out with feed back. PM sent
Old 11-23-2010, 04:23 AM   #35
fsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

fsbrain03's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm. This has to be a good product, once finished. I'll keep up and see where I am in my build. This may be where I decide to take it.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:20 AM   #36
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
It'll never work!!!

my 06'
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lon...ng-lt-kit.html

my buddies 02'
http://ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157462
Old 11-23-2010, 10:42 AM   #38
Timicha

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocktaco View Post
i followed you're build for a while, how'd it turn out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by straycat241 View Post
if you build it, they will come.
haha
Old 11-23-2010, 10:58 AM   #39
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i followed you're build for a while, how'd it turn out?

I works great on and offroad

I thinking about rebuilding the kit ↓↓↓

http://ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160608

If you have any questions I'm more than willing to help
Old 11-23-2010, 12:19 PM   #40
Timicha

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocktaco View Post
I works great on and offroad

I thinking about rebuilding the kit ↓↓↓

http://ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160608

If you have any questions I'm more than willing to help
do you mine me asking what your going to change on it? and thanks if i need any advice i'll be sure to ask yu