1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ELITE Long Travel!! Thoughts Please

Discussion in 'Elite Off-Road' started by Timicha, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Nov 22, 2010 at 9:37 PM
    WhatThePho?

WhatThePho? Greg Graffin 2016

Member:
    First Name:
    Andre
    HCMC, VN
    Vehicle:
    2006 STi
    The things required to pull bitches
    Software are very good for testing and simulating but I would rather trust and buy something that is race proven vs software proven

2. Nov 22, 2010 at 9:48 PM
    Timicha

Timicha [OP] Timicha

Member:
    First Name:
    TIM
    Tillamook / Portland , Oregon
    Vehicle:
    04 White Tacoma
    Fabtech 4 inch lift, tinted windows, diff drop, 33 inch MTZ tires on Raceline Raptor wheels, ELITE OFF-ROAD bumpers and sliders
    ya thats exactly what i was thinking with the 3.5, i've been researching a bit for the last few months

ya that looks sick, in the end i'll probably end up going with the boxed upper with the horizontal uni-ball it looks pretty damn stout and i like the idea of it, theirs going to be a lot of testing involved in this so what ever we decide to build, i'll throw a guarantee on it for sure

ya the kit wont be available until they have been tested and put through their paces, i'm not going to sell anything that i wouldn't trust on my truck, thats just asking for trouble.
    as for the garage i'm only in it for 2 more weeks and then I'll be moving to a shop in town. renting part of the shop that my cnc guy is in, I'll have access to cut anything when ever and if you knew the engineer I'm working with you'd trust just about anything he builds, he's a damn genius haha

ya i'm going to do my best and the kit will be legit i can guarantee that

3. Nov 22, 2010 at 9:51 PM
    Timicha

Timicha [OP] Timicha

Member:
    First Name:
    TIM
    Vehicle:
    04 White Tacoma
    Fabtech 4 inch lift, tinted windows, diff drop, 33 inch MTZ tires on Raceline Raptor wheels, ELITE OFF-ROAD bumpers and sliders
    all i can say is wait till its finished, i'll be running the kit and i would never sell anything if i had any doubt in it. there will be tons of testing, i'm not going to be whipping a kit out in a few weeks if that's what your thinking, its going to be a long process and it'll be done right

4. Nov 22, 2010 at 9:57 PM
    rzimm001

rzimm001 Tearmytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Wildomar
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 Long-Travel
    King 10" coilovers w/ resi. 3.5" over long travel kit. Factory spindles w/ ALLPRO gussets. Total Chaos tower gussets. Energy Poly cab mounts and steering rack mounts. Glassworks fenders and bedsides. Home fabbed bed cage. King 2.5x16 bypass shocks in the rear. DMZ long travel rear end. Race radio (2meter). Removed secondary carbon air filter. Exhaust dumped before the axle / no muffler. Phram fresh air cabin filter. K&N replacement filter, After market stereo, Grillcraft grill, custom fabled roof rack with 7" HID's, PRP race seats.

X2.. There's already bad ass kits on the market. Price point is your avenue. If you can't build it cheap you'll be competing with too many big names. You may have to go tubed all around to keep the price reasonable.

5. Nov 22, 2010 at 10:38 PM
    Timicha

Timicha [OP] Timicha

Member:
    First Name:
    TIM
    Vehicle:
    04 White Tacoma
    i'll defenetly be doing boxed on the bottom, i love the look of it will be way stronger. the cost wont be to bad because i will be working out of the shop with my cnc guy so i'll be getting a pretty good deal with cutting and he can order metal at a pretty good discount with the amount he buys. and yes i realize the other kits on the market are from reputable big companies so my kit is going to have to be put to the test and shown that it can handle everything thrown at it, and it will be cheaper, no doubt about that

6. Nov 22, 2010 at 10:41 PM
    rzimm001

rzimm001 Tearmytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Wildomar
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 Long-Travel
    King 10" coilovers w/ resi. 3.5" over long travel kit. Factory spindles w/ ALLPRO gussets. Total Chaos tower gussets. Energy Poly cab mounts and steering rack mounts. Glassworks fenders and bedsides. Home fabbed bed cage. King 2.5x16 bypass shocks in the rear. DMZ long travel rear end. Race radio (2meter). Removed secondary carbon air filter. Exhaust dumped before the axle / no muffler. Phram fresh air cabin filter. K&N replacement filter, After market stereo, Grillcraft grill, custom fabled roof rack with 7" HID's, PRP race seats.
    More power to you if you can do it. Boxed lowers would certainly be more comforting. I'll be keeping an eye on your progress. Might be tempting :)

7. Nov 22, 2010 at 10:43 PM
    schiz94

schiz94 Thread Jacker

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Bellingham,WA
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Reg Cab
    Morimoto Projector Retrofit, alpine cda-105,Wheelskins leather wheel cover, wet okoles,5% tint on back and 24% on front two windows,Debadged tailgate,custom sockmonkey centercap decals, xr rims pced gloss black.
    Ah hem... 5luggers?

8. Nov 22, 2010 at 10:47 PM
    kinkrider101

kinkrider101 Well-Known Member

Member:
    santa barbara
    Vehicle:
    2007 cummins/2007 tacoma
    wheels and tires
  9. Nov 22, 2010 at 10:48 PM
    amaes

amaes Cuz Stock Sucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2011 FJ Built
    ICON Stage 6, RCI Skids, Blacked out
    Something you might do (Ruff Stuff Specialties does this) When they build stuff one of their tests is that they build it and then have it crushed in a press so they know exactly what the breaking point of their products are. I'm sure Camburg and Total Chaos do this as well.

10. Nov 22, 2010 at 11:06 PM
    cummins6speed

cummins6speed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '05 4Runner Limited Edition
    Custom extended travel 2.5" King RR coilovers, 1.25" Camburg uniball uppers, homebuilt tube bumper
    Tube uppers, boxed lowers, 3.5" over is plenty. Don't do horizontal uniball uppers, that will just make it more expensive needing new spindles and will appeal to less people

11. Nov 23, 2010 at 12:10 AM
    Timicha

Timicha [OP] Timicha

Member:
    First Name:
    TIM
    Vehicle:
    04 White Tacoma
    ya boxed lowers are definitely going to happen i want to stay away from tube on the lowers

maybe in the future but right now i've got access to 1st gen's and my i've got some people i know with 2nd gen TRD's, so after this is all if i can get ahold of a 5 lugger on a regular basis then maybe it could happen but it'll be a long time from now if it does.

probably going to stick with 3.5 over to retain 4x4, eventually i'll hope to offer a more extreme kit that is wider for pre-runners

ya, i plan to build and destroy quite a few test kits before anything gets tested on a vehichle, the school i go to has all that kind of strength testing machines so i'm going to be using them as much as i can. the engineer helping me is also employed by the school so he has full access to it all.

good point there, i'll have to look into this more if anything it'll end up being vertical uniball's on both

12. Nov 23, 2010 at 12:26 AM
    MaTt98

MaTt98 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Medford Or.
    Vehicle:
    96 4Runner SR5 V6
    Runner SR5, xeon headlights, 6inch kc spotlights, cb in ashtray mod, roof rack, 2.5 inch lift in front with dodge 1500 coils in the rear and skyjacker shocks

haha wow ive never heard someone called that very interesting!
    :rofl:

13. Nov 23, 2010 at 1:54 AM
    Timicha

Timicha [OP] Timicha

Member:
    First Name:
    TIM
    Vehicle:
    04 White Tacoma
    hey central point huh your only like 45 minutes from me

14. Nov 23, 2010 at 3:49 AM
    Ptowntaco

Ptowntaco Camburg :)

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryce
    Petaluma Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2000 Prerunner TRD
    Tint, Socked, Deck Plate mod, Camburg 2.5 coils, Camburg UCA, 5100's in the rear, Custom Deaver leaf pack, Micky Thomson Classic Locks, BFG KM2, CB
    Hey i am serious about your kit. I would love to get a good deal on it and help you out with feed back. PM sent

15. Nov 23, 2010 at 4:23 AM
    fsbrain03

fsbrain03 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hmm. This has to be a good product, once finished. I'll keep up and see where I am in my build. This may be where I decide to take it.

16. Nov 23, 2010 at 8:20 AM
    DTFtacoma

DTFtacoma Dezert Toy Fabrication Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Santa Maria, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner D-cab
    DTF LT front & rear
  17. Nov 23, 2010 at 8:38 AM
    straycat241

straycat241 maXXXed out mid travel

Member:
    First Name:
    paul
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner TRD off road 4x2
    airaid intake, jba headers, jba exhaust, DMZ enginecage, King 2.5 coilovers , 1.25camburg uca's, total chaos lca's, shock hoops with Icon 2.5 piggybacks, camburg 4.0 Spindles, Defined engineering SUA, King 2.5" Shocks w/Reservoir, King 2.5 Bumpstops,shocktacobumper,moto metal 951's, compartment locks, blackgrill,Glassworks fenders front and rear,ViS racing glass hood,PIAA 510s,hella 500's,black rebadge,fabtech spare tire holder,tailgate delete,mudflaps delete,cobra 19 ultra iii
    if you build it, they will come.

18. Nov 23, 2010 at 10:42 AM
    Timicha

Timicha [OP] Timicha

Member:
    First Name:
    TIM
    Vehicle:
    04 White Tacoma
  19. Nov 23, 2010 at 10:58 AM
    DTFtacoma

DTFtacoma Dezert Toy Fabrication Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Santa Maria, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner D-cab
    DTF LT front & rear

I works great on and offroad :D

I thinking about rebuilding the kit ↓↓↓ If you have any questions I'm more than willing to help :)

20. Nov 23, 2010 at 12:19 PM
    Timicha

Timicha [OP] Timicha

Member:
    First Name:
    TIM
    Vehicle:
    04 White Tacoma
    do you mine me asking what your going to change on it? and thanks if i need any advice i'll be sure to ask yu

Products Discussed in

To Top