Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Elite Off-Road

Notices

ELITE Long Travel!! Thoughts Please

Old 12-08-2010, 11:14 PM   #41
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
How about some 2nd gen spindles?
Old 12-09-2010, 06:08 AM   #42
Timicha
Timicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIM
Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr114 View Post
How about some 2nd gen spindles?
maybe eventually but I'll be doing the 1st gen long travel first and then 2nd gen if all goes well.
I'm also set to start designing after the new year so I'm pretty stoked about it
Old 12-09-2010, 10:55 AM   #43
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timicha View Post
do you mine me asking what your going to change on it? and thanks if i need any advice i'll be sure to ask yu
I plan on making the the arms an inch wider and building fully fabricated spindles with a vertical upper uniball so I can pull about 17-20" of travel should be interesting

Quote:
maybe eventually but I'll be doing the 1st gen long travel first and then 2nd gen if all goes well.
I'm also set to start designing after the new year so I'm pretty stoked about it
That's awesome man are you working with any kind CAD programs soildworks ect or all by hand like me?
Old 12-09-2010, 11:22 AM   #44
06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Logan called it when he said the market is saturated. There are already multiple vendors selling or trying to sell "budget LT kits." You will get lost in the crowd if you go that route.

If your going to build a kit you should build it so over the top you that have a new concept to work with. Use the beefiest parts you can find and dont let anything out the door that isnt flawless. If your engineer is as good as you think then I cant wait to see what he comes up with.

Workmanship:
Tim @DMZ is a great example for quality workmanship. If one bend or notch in a tube isnt right then it gets re-done and the messed up tube gets scrapped. The same goes for welds. The internet highlights the successes and failures of vendors in an instant so take your time and make sure you get things perfect before you release it.

Good luck.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:34 AM   #45
STravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
STravis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06HAOLE View Post
Logan called it when he said the market is saturated. There are already multiple vendors selling or trying to sell "budget LT kits." You will get lost in the crowd if you go that route.

If your going to build a kit you should build it so over the top you that have a new concept to work with. Use the beefiest parts you can find and dont let anything out the door that isnt flawless. If your engineer is as good as you think then I cant wait to see what he comes up with.

Workmanship:
Tim @DMZ is a great example for quality workmanship. If one bend or notch in a tube isnt right then it gets re-done and the messed up tube gets scrapped. The same goes for welds. The internet highlights the successes and failures of vendors in an instant so take your time and make sure you get things perfect before you release it.

Good luck.
Exactly. One bad part could mess up your whole reputation. It only takes one person to post a bad review and a picture of your work and then nobody will buy your products. But i've seen your work and it looks really good and I expect this to be another quality product. Best of luck to you.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:34 AM   #46
Taco Rookie
lepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud of

Name: Frank
lepedog23's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to lepedog23
2" to each side like the all pro so i dont have to get fiberglass fenders... do you have a guesstimate or what you think the product will cost?
Old 12-09-2010, 12:40 PM   #47
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Subd. I'm set on mid tab travel but I wanna see this product.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:27 PM   #48
06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaville View Post
2" to each side like the all pro so i dont have to get fiberglass fenders... do you have a guesstimate or what you think the product will cost?
Why? Total Chaos already makes that.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:31 PM   #49
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Even at 2'' over each side, like with All Pro, you still need fiberglass if you intend to leave the pavement.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:36 PM   #50
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Next project should be rear long travel for 2nd gens. Build something practical (doesn't kill bed space) and affordable and people will be all over it.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:41 PM   #51
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpatriot View Post
Next project should be rear long travel for 2nd gens. Build something practical (doesn't kill bed space) and affordable and people will be all over it.
done

http://www.definedengineering.com/products.html
Old 12-09-2010, 02:43 PM   #52
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocktaco View Post
Yup. That kit rides rather nice when paired with a quality shock
Old 12-09-2010, 02:58 PM   #53
Timicha
Timicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I plan on making the the arms an inch wider and building fully fabricated spindles with a vertical upper uniball so I can pull about 17-20" of travel should be interesting

That's awesome man are you working with any kind CAD programs soildworks ect or all by hand like me?
that'll be pretty sweet, and ya we'll be using solidworks and a couple other programs, i dont know the exact names but i can get back to you on that in january

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06HAOLE View Post

Workmanship:

Good luck.
ya the kit will be made as tough as possible, 1 reason why i want to go with boxed upper and lower arms. i wont release anything until i'm 100% satisfied with it and trust that it will with hold the abbuse i expect people to put on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STravis View Post
Exactly. One bad part could mess up your whole reputation. It only takes one person to post a bad review and a picture of your work and then nobody will buy your products. But i've seen your work and it looks really good and I expect this to be another quality product. Best of luck to you.
Quote:
price will be determined once i know build time and material cost. and i've decided on going with 3.5" per side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpatriot View Post
haha one step at a time, just got to focus on this project first also getting a rear bumper out for 1st and 2nd gen tacoma's as soon as i can
Old 12-09-2010, 03:01 PM   #54
Lifted 'n Locked 4WD Prerunner
01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
01tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to 01tacoprerunner
Man i wish i had the skills and resources you have.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:20 PM   #55
Timicha

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01tacoprerunner View Post
Man i wish i had the skills and resources you have.
well i started with nothing just like everyone else,just took some welding/fabrication classes, got certified and worked my way up, i've invested just about every penny i get from my work into new tools
Old 12-09-2010, 05:23 PM   #56
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
Like some others have said, there are alot of people that are trying to put out a long travel kit. I really say you should try to get spindles for both first and second gens...
Old 12-20-2010, 08:37 AM   #57
Dezert Toy Fabrication

Quote:
that'll be pretty sweet, and ya we'll be using solidworks and a couple other programs, i dont know the exact names but i can get back to you on that in january
Ok thanks I think I'm gonna take a soildworks course in the spring. I'm still gonna mock everything in real life the transfer the data to solidworks so can get the plates laser cut
Old 12-20-2010, 09:19 AM   #58
socal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Diego
socal16's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know much about long travel but I'm interested in how the finish product comes out and performs, I might be interested in purchasing if it becomes affordable within a reasonable budget
Old 01-03-2011, 10:43 AM   #59
dezerttaco is on a distinguished road
Name: garrett
dezerttaco's Tacoma Gallery
^agreed.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:17 PM   #60
Timicha

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ok thanks I think I'm gonna take a soildworks course in the spring. I'm still gonna mock everything in real life the transfer the data to solidworks so can get the plates laser cut
nice, how are you cutting them now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal16 View Post
I don't know much about long travel but I'm interested in how the finish product comes out and performs, I might be interested in purchasing if it becomes affordable within a reasonable budget
cool, i'll be starting it soon, i've got all the stuff i need now and i talked to the engineer who's doing it with me today and he's ready to start when ever so should get somthing on my truck soon!