Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Elite Off-Road

Notices

ELITE Long Travel!! Thoughts Please

Old 11-22-2010, 07:36 PM   #1
Timicha
Timicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIM
Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Arrow ELITE Long Travel!! Thoughts Please

Hey everyone,

I will be designing a LT kit for the 1st and 2nd gen Tacoma's in January (1st gen will be made first and then 2nd gen will be made). I've got a mechanical engineer working with me and were going to try to design a kick ass kit that we can manufacture and sell! We'll be throwing it through all the strength tests we can think of once we get it done and then will be installing it on my truck for real world testing. Luckily, the college I go to is a Tech school and they have tons of different strength testing labs and endless computer software that we can virtually simulate smashing into a rock or anything we want.

The first 10 kits I sell are going to be ridiculously cheap primarily to get the product out there for people to test out and report back to me what they think. They wont be sold until I have personally used the first kit to its fullest and know that it is top quality. The kits will be Tig welded not Mig, after they've been tested the future kits will most likely be Mig welded.

My first question I'd like to ask everyone is:
  1. How much over-stock would you like to see {I'm looking for whats most popular). I'm thinking of making it about 3.5 over per side, but let me know your thoughts because the size that most people want is what will be made.
  2. Would you guys prefer to have tube or boxed upper control arms? Boxed should be stronger but will be more work and material, so the cost of the kit will increase a bit.
Thanks for any comments that you guys leave, my goal is to build as many top quality products that i can and sell them at a very competitive price. Being a college student i know how much it sucks to want something like a LT kit and not being able to afford it! I will do my best to work with you all and design an awesome Long Travel KIT! I look forward to earning the business of everyone that i can!
Old 11-22-2010, 07:38 PM   #2
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YellowDog01's Tacoma Gallery
That's awesome. Can't wait to see some design ideas.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:47 PM   #3
Timicha
Timicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIM
Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowDog01 View Post
That's awesome. Can't wait to see some design ideas.
ya it's going to begin as soon as I'm back from Christmas break
Old 11-22-2010, 07:53 PM   #4
Leadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Leadgolem's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm, I've been kicking around with the idea of an LT kit for a while. I will be following this thread closely.

Since most people turn down an LT kit because of the price, I'd do a tube style to keep costs down. As long as there isn't a huge difference in strength it should be ok.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:54 PM   #5
doing my thing.
kcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to behold

Firefighter: Hotshot
Name: Marco
kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
As far as size goes, I think 3.5 is best in order to fit the tundra axles for the 4wd guys. Boxed arms would deffinately make this kit stand out from the rest.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:57 PM   #6
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
boxed uppers or tube, 3.5 over each side, 4x4 capability. Doesn't break the bank cause even after the kit we still gotta get coilovers limit straps fiberglass, bumper and whatever from the rear.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:12 PM   #9
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
props for doing this. I'd really read up on the builds over on DR, RD and TTora, there are a lot of information on there. Just remember dont make mistakes other people have already made because its preventable by reading and doing research.

Is it gonna be uniball? Heim joints?
Old 11-22-2010, 08:14 PM   #10
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
horizontal uni ball upper, uni ball lower, boxed upper and lowers, strike pad for air bump, 3-4" per side, heim steering, heim uppers.

something like the front end that the shop i take my truck to built (not my in the pics) look at pic 4 and 5 on the bottom of the page

http://www.frontlinefab.com/page822.html

GOOD LUCK!!!
Old 11-22-2010, 08:20 PM   #11
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
make something for the 05+ 5 luggers and i will be a test dummie
Old 11-22-2010, 08:31 PM   #12
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
horizontal uni ball upper, uni ball lower, boxed upper and lowers, strike pad for air bump, 3-4" per side, heim steering, heim uppers.

something like the front end that the shop i take my truck to built (not my in the pics) look at pic 4 and 5 on the bottom of the page

http://www.frontlinefab.com/page822.html

GOOD LUCK!!!
x2

Me and you have the same idea
Old 11-22-2010, 08:31 PM   #13
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
whoever one-stared this thread is a douche canoe
Old 11-22-2010, 08:34 PM   #14
Fluffer
username is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: bullet sponge
username's Tacoma Gallery
Throw caution to the wind and build something like this.

except maybe heim lowers. From a business perspective, the market is saturated. 99% of the drivers want the look and dgaf about performance. The ones who do care about performance won't risk purchasing a product from a college student working out of his garage. Build it. Brand it. Race it. What wins on Sunday sells on Monday.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:42 PM   #15
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
Build it. Brand it. Race it. What wins on Sunday sells on Monday.
Quoted for truth, look at motorcross same exact shit
Old 11-22-2010, 08:47 PM   #16
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
I'll do a 2nd gen 4x4 for you when you get going!
Old 11-22-2010, 08:50 PM   #17
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
boxed uppers or tube, 3.5 over each side, 4x4 capability. Doesn't break the bank cause even after the kit we still gotta get coilovers limit straps fiberglass, bumper and whatever from the rear.
x2
I have been looking into LT for a while here... My suspension is completely shot so something legit that wouldn't break the bank would be very nice!
Old 11-22-2010, 09:02 PM   #18
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

except maybe heim lowers. From a business perspective, the market is saturated. 99% of the drivers want the look and dgaf about performance. The ones who do care about performance won't risk purchasing a product from a college student working out of his garage. Build it. Brand it. Race it. What wins on Sunday sells on Monday.
Except he would test it, he has software programs he would test it on he would through it on his truck. I would trust it. Anyday
Old 11-22-2010, 09:07 PM   #19
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Mazzulla has some nice products. So much $$$$$$$$$$$ though.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:08 PM   #20