Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Elite Off-Road

Notices

Rear Bumper is done!

Old 12-30-2010, 08:04 AM   #41
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
Turned out really nice. Still planning on a hidden hitch, or under? Really interested in seeing what you're planning for the wrap arounds as well.

Anyway, let me know when its for sell.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:47 AM   #42
Timicha
Timicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIM
Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manlaan View Post
Turned out really nice. Still planning on a hidden hitch, or under? Really interested in seeing what you're planning for the wrap arounds as well.

Anyway, let me know when its for sell.
thanks, not sure if i want to do a hidden hitch or have it tucked up right underneith, what would you guys prefer
Old 12-30-2010, 08:49 AM   #43
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timicha View Post
thanks, not sure if i want to do a hidden hitch or have it tucked up right underneith, what would you guys prefer
I would prefer a hidden hitch behind the license plate.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:25 AM   #44
Timicha
Timicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
I would prefer a hidden hitch behind the license plate.
alright, anyone else
Old 12-30-2010, 09:30 AM   #45
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
Southern01Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I think I would do the hidden hitch also, just for more clearance.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:37 AM   #46
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
And the bumper looks so sick just like that i wouldn't want a receiver hanging off the bottom.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:10 AM   #47
Timicha

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern01Taco View Post
I think I would do the hidden hitch also, just for more clearance.
alright cool
Quote:
And the bumper looks so sick just like that i wouldn't want a receiver hanging off the bottom.
haha thanks and ya the hidden hitch will work out a lot better than one dropping below
Old 12-30-2010, 10:14 AM   #48
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
haha thanks and ya the hidden hitch will work out a lot better than one dropping below

Yeah It would look cleaner and more ground clearance. Are you offering recessed light mounts or it the bumper to small for lights?
Old 12-30-2010, 10:30 AM   #49
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Yeah It would look cleaner and more ground clearance. Are you offering recessed light mounts or it the bumper to small for lights?
x2. Like some recessed holes on each side of the license plate.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:50 AM   #50
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
I would love to be able to mount these recessed in the bumper.
http://www.visionxusa.com/LED-Solsti..._88/index.html
Old 12-30-2010, 12:00 PM   #51
BoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoostingMS6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
BoostingMS6's Tacoma Gallery
It looks awesome painted, Tim. If it were up to me, I'd go with a hidden hitch. Cleaner look and more ground clearance. I really wanna see what it looks like with the wrap around.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:12 PM   #52
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostingMS6 View Post
It looks awesome painted, Tim. If it were up to me, I'd go with a hidden hitch. Cleaner look and more ground clearance. I really wanna see what it looks like with the wrap around.

X2 i want to see the wrap around as well
Old 12-30-2010, 01:23 PM   #53
Timicha

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yes recessed lights can be added for anyone who wants them,

Quote:
x2. Like some recessed holes on each side of the license plate.
which ones were you thinking

Quote:
I would love to be able to mount these recessed in the bumper.
those would work perfect
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostingMS6 View Post
wrap around should be done in the next 2 weeks, just have to wait for my cnc guy to draw up the pieces and cut them out, i'll build it and add wrap arounds.

Quote:
X2 i want to see the wrap around as well
couple weeks

I'm heading out of town today and wont be around a computer till sunday so i'll get back to anyone on sunday! have a Good New Year!
Old 12-30-2010, 01:49 PM   #54
JLamb11 will become famous soon enough

Name: Jared
JLamb11's Tacoma Gallery
so fresh and so clean, clean
Old 12-30-2010, 08:50 PM   #55
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hidden for clearance.

For the wrap arounds, are you planning to do it plate, or tube? I've seen it done with tube on a plate bumper and it really didn't do it for me, but if you could find a way to do it with the plate, I think that'd turn out really nice.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:19 PM   #56
DSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DSully72's Tacoma Gallery
this is by far the best looking off road rear bumper ive seen for the first gens. i want it. unfortunately i dont have much to spend considering the fact that im only 18 and in college. when i get to the more expensive mods youll likely be hearing from me on this...
Old 12-31-2010, 07:25 AM   #58

Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
One thing I completely forgot about and I really hate to ruin the lines on it, but hi-lift points would also be a nice feature. Thoughts? Maybe something on the wrap arounds would be good enough and under the license plate hopefully will be strong enough?

Maybe you could some up with something like Hi-lifts tire lift, but instead of the hooks to the wheel, have it work for the shackle mount? I dont think a shackle would work too well though, as there's just too much slop at the bolt side for me to feel comfortable using it for lifting (pulling would be ok). Maybe just the square piece to go on the jack with a fork and a bolt hole above it or sticking out the front? Just an idea.

(I know you have the receiver mount, but I just dont feel comfortable lifting both wheels at once. Too unstable for me.)
Old 01-01-2011, 11:19 AM   #59

Quote:
which ones were you thinking
I was thinking about putting some 4" lights, just like the front if they would fit.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:00 AM   #60
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I was thinking about putting some 4" lights, just like the front if they would fit.
Have you seen these yet there small and bright and you don't have to worry about dunking them in water and blowing them out. 100% water proof!