Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Elite Off-Road

Notices

Elite Off-Road bumper collisions

Old 02-14-2011, 08:32 PM   #1
Timicha
Timicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIM
Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Elite Off-Road bumper collisions

So far two people that I've sold front bumpers to have wrecked. so i felt that it was time to make a thread showing how tough these things are and if you have pics or stories post them up here. can be tree's, rocks or anything that you feel is collision worthy

The most recent wreck was a pretty nasty one and he said it was okay for me to share what happened, he also said he'll try to get on and learn to post to tell you guys the full story, i talked to him today and it is pretty crazy what he described he went through.

Here is the PM that i recieved from KyTaco. He said he got about 4 days of driving with the bumper after install and then this happened, also said he didn't have all the bolts holding it on yet and it still held up to this beating. i'll be sending him new mount plates and light hoop for him to install on his new tacoma. i'll post up some pics later once i receive them, he said the truck is already sold so he didn't really get pictures of it.

"6 days after install of bumper on my 95 tacoma, excuse my language but crazy bitch on cell phone crossed into my lane at 60 mph fearing for her life and mine i took on ditch and 75 feet of fence. 3- 8 inch post and stopped when i knocked out 12 inch corner post with bumper. bumper and hoop probably saved my life 2nd post coming at my windshield caught front hoop and knocked post over windshield by about an inch and a half, thought my head was gone dude. much props to bumper build only 1 small dent in hoop were it deflected post over windshield hitting top of truck. broke windshield with my head when the truck the hit corner post, i came out unscaved other than a little sore thanks for quality build dont know if anyone has tested one like i have, i did bend brackets somewhat but think i can straighten them out. however ins company totalled my truck.... long story short found 99 trd gonna try to buy with 70 thousand miles old man truck perfect shape... bought my truck from ins at 1300 dollars just to get my bumpers wheels and tires, basically took off 2 grand worth of stuff and sold my truck for 1500 with savaged title with puking radiator and some damage all the way down passenger side, main reason for message is to say thanks for quality build on bumper, got to hug my 1st grade son when i got home thanks to your build. next question do you have any pics on 98-00 truck with bumper removed and what it takes to make bumper bolt up the same, read about cutting frame horns def want to mount on new truck questions involve how much to cut off and any tips on proper fit and strength. thanks in advance will try to get some pics to you but plate portion did not dent or bend at all will have to do some work on bumper mounting plates or replace myself can weld and cut and have good shop at work with plasma cutter and nice miller mig with gas could u please send original bumper dimensions on mounting plates so i can make right again... and tips on install on 99
thanks again .... Brian (KyTaco)"
Old 02-14-2011, 08:35 PM   #2
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Hahaha. I just started reading the bold print. Thought you might have got into an accident, but when something was mentioned about 1st grade son I didn't think it was you. lol
Old 02-14-2011, 08:37 PM   #3
Timicha
Timicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LTtacoma View Post
Hahaha. I just started reading the bold print. Thought you might have got into an accident, but when something was mentioned about 1st grade son I didn't think it was you. lol
haha nope not me, i'm holding off on the children for at least a few more years
Old 02-14-2011, 08:37 PM   #4
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
This makes me want one even more . Good thing he got one in time and is okay.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:38 PM   #5
Timicha

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by malander View Post
This makes me want one even more . Good thing he got one in time and is okay.
ya same thing happened to supremetaco, he had his for like a week and then got in an accident, his trucks still okay though
Old 02-14-2011, 08:39 PM   #6
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
awesome stuff man. i would trust this work any day
Old 02-14-2011, 08:40 PM   #7
Banned
TacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoMatt02's Tacoma Gallery
curse of the elite bumpers....

haha jp, good job on the bumpers man, once i get my lift and tires, next will be your bumpers.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:41 PM   #8
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
Pics
Old 02-14-2011, 08:41 PM   #9
Timicha

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMatt02 View Post
curse of the elite bumpers....

haha jp, good job on the bumpers man, once i get my lift and tires, next will be your bumpers.
haha ya or blessing what ever way you want to think about it
Old 02-14-2011, 08:50 PM   #10
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
Man I beter go put my elite decal on my bumper maybe it will help bless it
Old 02-14-2011, 08:56 PM   #12
Experienced Noob
MHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: 911 Dispatch/R-LEO
Name: Nate
MHS2846bg8's Tacoma Gallery
damn, amazing story. That makes for some good product review! Glad he's okay!
Old 02-14-2011, 08:59 PM   #13
Timicha

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgod06 View Post
finally the story, i was hoping for a pic lol.
ya i'm hoping to get some good pics soon, we'll see
Old 02-14-2011, 09:02 PM   #14
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
Well i dont know if this counts but i was at a drive thru and some old lady forgot something on her order so she decided to back up, but this was after i pulled up to order. Her rear bumper got smashed and all i got was a little scratch not even picture worthy. Great products TIm
Old 02-14-2011, 09:03 PM   #15
Timicha

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
for anyone who didn't see what supremetaco's bumper did heres the pics from that.

Old 02-14-2011, 09:04 PM   #16
Timicha

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
Well i dont know if this counts but i was at a drive thru and some old lady forgot something on her order so she decided to back up, but this was after i pulled up to order. Her rear bumper got smashed and all i got was a little scratch not even picture worthy. Great products TIm
haha nice, i'm just waiting for someone to hit me so i can see what happens lol
Old 02-14-2011, 11:34 PM   #18
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timicha View Post
for anyone who didn't see what supremetaco's bumper did heres the pics from that.

Bahaha! That's sweet.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:41 AM   #19
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
supremetaco2's Tacoma Gallery
yeah all these dumb b*tches i swear learn to drive! ^^ i was going 25mph straight into her nissan... story is posted in my build page lol... fck i recently hit my OEM bumper on a fkn pole and it pushed it back to the point where the tire started rubbing... so then i had to trim the shit down... if only i had my bumper..... recent update: still in arbitration been since last year sept. 27. fkn rediculous! /endrant

oh forgot to add, yeah idk my truck wouldve been in a hell of a lot worse trouble if i didnt have it on... frame woulda been messed.. garuntee
Old 02-15-2011, 08:30 PM   #20
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoter16 View Post
all of this shows why insurance companies should reimburse us for buying steel bumpers. it would save them a hell of a lot of money
x2!!!