Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Elite Off-Road

Notices

96-04 Elite Off-Road Rear Plate bumper

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-23-2013, 05:52 PM   #961
hokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hokiruu's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I did that, we're talking. Tim's a stand up guy and I know he will take care of it. I'm not trying to bash Tim or his product and still support Elite. I wouldn't be on my second bumper and have his stickers on my truck otherwise. I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything here because I can't wait to get this thing on and put it to use!
Old 04-30-2013, 04:23 PM   #962
frog
jamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
jamtoz's Tacoma Gallery
can you still use the "hidden hitch" with the bumper?
Old 04-30-2013, 04:31 PM   #963
hokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shedhokiruu is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hokiruu's Tacoma Gallery
Iirc you can, but you'd be better off using the integrated one behind the license plate if you're already gaving one built.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:03 PM   #964
frog
jamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jamtoz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokiruu View Post
Iirc you can, but you'd be better off using the integrated one behind the license plate if you're already gaving one built.
he says it is not advertised for towing

Recovery Receiver (not advertised for towing) and recessed light mounts

Old 04-30-2013, 05:30 PM   #965

hokiruu's Tacoma Gallery
I'm well aware. Translation: it costs a tremendous amount of money time and effort to get it rated and approved, and he would be dumb to advertise it for that Without that.

FWIW The owner if the truck you posted says he tows his boat with that bumper.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:08 AM   #967
frog

jamtoz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
I have towed with mine no problem. If anyone it's stronger then a hitch.

But like he said, Tim can't say it is rated for anything due to insurance issues and cost of getting it rated.
great! it definetly looks strong!
Old 08-04-2013, 11:21 PM   #968
kahului96732 is on a distinguished road
Name: John
kahului96732's Tacoma Gallery
nice!
Old 10-24-2013, 04:03 PM   #969

hokiruu's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry if I missed it, but how are you guys mounting your license plates? I'm finally putting mine on and it didn't come with the receiver mount after all. No magnets for me. I had a magnetic holder on the front and lost the plate within 3 weeks. Can't have that happen on the back.

Also, what plate lighting are you using and how are you mounting it?
Old 10-24-2013, 05:15 PM   #971
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
For lights, I use:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ml#post6346106

Got them off ebay.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:35 AM   #972
Sheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant future

Navy: Hospital Corpsman 8404 (HM3)
Name: Gary
Sheepdog's Tacoma Gallery
Is there a posibility in the future for a swing out tiregate option???
Old 01-10-2014, 09:09 AM   #973
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Blackdawg has one but I can't remember if he had Tim do it or did it himself.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...il-rig-bs.html
Old 01-10-2014, 09:25 AM   #974
sander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
sander1036's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
Blackdawg has one but I can't remember if he had Tim do it or did it himself.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...il-rig-bs.html
Tim built that one for Monte
Old 01-10-2014, 12:33 PM   #975
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
I got a piece if aluminum size of the license plate, but up top in the center left room for a license plate light. Led light off if a trailer. Like 7 bucks from a trailer store. Then that aluminum plate is mounted on hinges to fold up and allow access to the hitch. Sits a little low as it would hit tailgate otherwise when folded up.
Old 01-10-2014, 02:21 PM   #976
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdog View Post
Is there a posibility in the future for a swing out tiregate option???
I have the one and only one Tim has done. Plus I added my own touches.

Was an expensive option and I know it was a lot of extra work for him. He told me he didn't think he would offer the option or do it again...but...I have no idea.

Money talks. Be prepared to cough up a lot extra but can't hurt to ask..
Old 01-10-2014, 03:29 PM   #977
Modified Glamper Extraordinaire
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
I have the one and only one Tim has done. Plus I added my own touches.

Was an expensive option and I know it was a lot of extra work for him. He told me he didn't think he would offer the option or do it again...but...I have no idea.

Money talks. Be prepared to cough up a lot extra but can't hurt to ask..
If Tim were to make more rear setups with swingouts, I think I would get one. I really like yours a lot.

Products Discussed in this Thread