Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Elite Off-Road

Notices

Sliders Installed

Old 12-11-2011, 06:42 PM   #1
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Sliders Installed

Finally got a chance to install these today. Overall everything went of perfectly. We decided to not use the frame plates as we would have had to cut/modify everyone to make them fit. I trust my friends welds with my truck. Well here are the photos.

And here is a close up of the welds, after paint.

Old 12-11-2011, 06:44 PM   #2
jflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice !!
Old 12-11-2011, 06:56 PM   #3
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
interwesting...........

u contact supplier about the fitment issues?

I talked to him about one thing, but not about everyone of them. In the end I decided to "take out the middle man" aka frame plates
Old 12-11-2011, 07:01 PM   #4
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
The thing about frame plates is, it makes your mounting area stronger. There is more surface area where the slider mounts, and now since there is less the frame has more stress in that single spot instead of a bigger footprint to say.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:04 PM   #5

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
The thing about frame plates is, it makes your mounting area stronger. There is more surface area where the slider mounts, and now since there is less the frame has more stress in that single spot instead of a bigger footprint to say.

I understand that there is a bigger footprint, but the weakest point is the junction between the slider legs and the frame plate. Now the weakest point in the junction between the slider legs and the frame itself.

These things are not going anyway.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:02 PM   #6
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Nice!
Old 12-13-2011, 11:45 AM   #7

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Man the more I go outside and look at my truck the more I love these sliders.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:41 PM   #8
Tacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: SSG HHC 4/9 6th INF Div Scout Platoon Sgt.
Name: Ron
Tacodog's Tacoma Gallery
How about some daylight pics.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:39 PM   #9

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacodog View Post
Sorry. I'll try tomorrow
Old 01-30-2012, 05:49 PM   #10

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacodog View Post

Sorry these took so long to get. I completely forgot until I walked outside today.

Here you go.

You can see how far the kick out will stick out.

Here are some good photos of the angle they sit at

If you would like to see another angle let me know