Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Elite Off-Road

Notices

96-04 Elite Off Road Plate bumper

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-22-2013, 05:42 AM   #941
Hey Now!
w00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
w00dy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
I still can't decide how I'm going order one of these! I can't decide between a center hoop or no center hoop....
Get the center hoop! You could hang some big hellas off it and light the road up in front of you like a stadium.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:32 PM   #942
Sheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant future

Navy: Hospital Corpsman 8404 (HM3)
Name: Gary
Sheepdog's Tacoma Gallery
Can you do dual lights like this?

Old 04-29-2013, 05:00 PM   #943
frog
jamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
jamtoz's Tacoma Gallery
i might sound dumb but what are the too holes and the cutout below the winch cutout used for?
Old 04-30-2013, 05:28 PM   #945
frog
jamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
jamtoz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
They give you access to the winch controls and to the front skid plate mounting bolts.

there is no other way to reach the winch controls? your truck looks great by the way!
Old 08-21-2013, 08:36 PM   #947
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
supremetaco2's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have trouble taking off/putting on the grille with the bumper on? This question is for folks who have the light hoop... Thanks in advanced! oh and i forgot to add this is an 04 grille..
Old 08-22-2013, 05:36 AM   #948
All your soul are belong to us
Enigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Enigmaaron's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremetaco2 View Post
Anyone have trouble taking off/putting on the grille with the bumper on? This question is for folks who have the light hoop... Thanks in advanced! oh and i forgot to add this is an 04 grille..
I had to almost completely remove the bumper to change out the grill. I believe I had all of the bolts out with the bumper hanging on the very end of the bolts that go in the end of the frame rails.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:22 PM   #949
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
supremetaco2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmaaron View Post
I had to almost completely remove the bumper to change out the grill. I believe I had all of the bolts out with the bumper hanging on the very end of the bolts that go in the end of the frame rails.
damn ok, thanks good to know!
Old 06-20-2014, 05:01 PM   #950
42boxer is on a distinguished road

Marines: 6114 HMLA 773
Name: Brannon
42boxer's Tacoma Gallery
I want a front and rear bumper once you can accept orders again!
Old 06-21-2014, 05:41 AM   #951
DesertRatliff will become famous soon enoughDesertRatliff will become famous soon enough

DesertRatliff's Tacoma Gallery
I searched and am sorry to go off-topic, but what coilovers/springs are you guys running with this bumper?

The bumper looks great on my truck, but with my Donahoe extended coilovers cranked to 2.75" of lift, the truck rides really harsh. What springs could I get to keep the same ride height and mellow out the front end?

Thanks!
Old 06-21-2014, 05:59 PM   #952
Modified Glamper Extraordinaire
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRatliff View Post
I searched and am sorry to go off-topic, but what coilovers/springs are you guys running with this bumper?

The bumper looks great on my truck, but with my Donahoe extended coilovers cranked to 2.75" of lift, the truck rides really harsh. What springs could I get to keep the same ride height and mellow out the front end?

Thanks!
Are you running a winch or anything else that adds weight in the front? Like aftermarket skids and sliders?

I have been running SAWs with 650 lb Eibach coils with a winch and Bud Built skids for the last 4 years (~50K miles). That is a lot of extra weight up front. Up until recently, the Eibach coils have handled the extra weight fairly well. But unfortunately, they are beginning to give up as I've been having to crank in more an more pre-load just to maintain height.

I'm thinking my next upgrade will be to a coilover with 700 lb coils, like Kings maybe.
Old 06-24-2014, 05:59 AM   #953
DesertRatliff will become famous soon enoughDesertRatliff will become famous soon enough

No not running a winch or anything that adds weight besides a supercharger. I've made custom 1/4" aluminum skids that don't add a whole lot of weight either.

Would a 700lb coil allow less preload and the same ride height or do I need to try and find a longer spring too?
Old 06-25-2014, 11:53 AM   #956

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
Some people with Icons (the donahoe descendant) have been ditching their 650# coils for 14" 700# king coils. I think that is 1" longer than the Icon coils. If you can handle the black on blue, its supposed to be a good ride with almost no pre-load. At least initially. Time will tell on that.
That sounds like just what I'm looking for. I'll research prices. 3" ID spring for a 2.5" bodied shock, I'm assuming?
Old 06-25-2014, 04:44 PM   #958

Awesome info. Thanks!
Old 07-16-2014, 04:32 AM   #959

Been researching and wondering if I can get by going with a 16 inch coil spring. Will be 16 inch, 700 lb 3 inch ID Eibach.

Can I squeeze a 16 inch in there?

Products Discussed in this Thread