Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Engage Offroad

Notices

1997 4Runner LT - Yuri

Old 01-31-2011, 10:35 PM   #21
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
he did end up in the hospital for a day, but he did post up on the boards to say he was fine, but then he dropped out of sight after that...
Old 01-31-2011, 10:36 PM   #22
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
he did end up in the hospital for a day, but he did post up on the boards to say he was fine, but then he dropped out of sight after that...
Think it turned him away from the racing/LT scene? Does Hassim know if he still plans to do the rear?
Old 01-31-2011, 10:37 PM   #23
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
Think it turned him away from the racing/LT scene? Does Hassim know if he still plans to do the rear?
nah, i don't think it steered him away...

i gotta ask Hassim if he has heard from him or not...
Old 02-08-2011, 02:12 PM   #26
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
dang my off road racing organization that im in, insurance is giving them so much hassel over that incident. but hope he is okay! the pics on ttora arent working so i cant see them): everyone just needs to back up from the track like 10 more feet. people stand so close to the off road tracks its stupid!
Old 02-09-2011, 08:32 PM   #27
YuriKapustin is on a distinguished road
YuriKapustin's Tacoma Gallery
Arighty guys, updates....
So since the above pictures, I was involved in the Lucerne Crash. It fazed me a little bit but I went out in my buddy's built LT Tacoma a few months later and was hooked right away again.
A close friend of mine is helping to build the cage for the truck. There are some pictures in TTORA under "1997 4runner race rig" Im continuing to get it ready for a 1450 class truck. So far the primaries are in and I am working on the motor. Cage is chromoly 2" .120 wall
Speaking of motors, I blew up my stock one....sooooo Im building a stronger one. It'll be supercharged for sure and Im debating the lobe shim conversion between under and over in order to fit some racing cams. Either way, building the motor has been expensive and is taking the funds for now. I have the block, crank, pistons, rods, and am awaiting the rod bearings and rings.
Starting in June the rear end will be gutted and linked. I am going with a 4 link setup. The links will be from Giant and the shocks will definitely be 3.0's.
I appreciate everyone wondering how I was doing on all the forums.
That night was scary and I spent the next month really debating if I wanted to continue with all this. I definitely do.

See you guys out there sometime!
Old 02-09-2011, 08:38 PM   #28
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuriKapustin View Post
Arighty guys, updates....
So since the above pictures, I was involved in the Lucerne Crash. It fazed me a little bit but I went out in my buddy's built LT Tacoma a few months later and was hooked right away again.
A close friend of mine is helping to build the cage for the truck. There are some pictures in TTORA under "1997 4runner race rig" Im continuing to get it ready for a 1450 class truck. So far the primaries are in and I am working on the motor. Cage is chromoly 2" .120 wall
Speaking of motors, I blew up my stock one....sooooo Im building a stronger one. It'll be supercharged for sure and Im debating the lobe shim conversion between under and over in order to fit some racing cams. Either way, building the motor has been expensive and is taking the funds for now. I have the block, crank, pistons, rods, and am awaiting the rod bearings and rings.
Starting in June the rear end will be gutted and linked. I am going with a 4 link setup. The links will be from Giant and the shocks will definitely be 3.0's.
I appreciate everyone wondering how I was doing on all the forums.
That night was scary and I spent the next month really debating if I wanted to continue with all this. I definitely do.

See you guys out there sometime!
Thanks for the update. Glad you are ok and your passion for the sport hasen't went away. Never met you but maybe we will meet soon! Don't forget to post pictures later of your progress. We would love that!
Old 03-27-2011, 11:06 PM   #31
Well the engine is under rebuild mode. I bot a new block, new crank, new pistons, rods, bearings etc. After taking both my cylinder heads off I found that they were both cracked between the valves in multiple areas. so basically Im getting new cylinder heads and since the whole motor will be brand new by then, Im going to run the trd supercharger, urd pulley, 7th injector and a few extras that will impress you guys

Short block is now put together, Im just waiting on the cylinder heads and the rest of the parts

Just throwing out an update!
Old 03-27-2011, 11:20 PM   #32
once flirted with danger, danger got clingy
magikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: greg
magikbean562's Tacoma Gallery
nice. love the truck. cant wait to see it hit dirt!
Old 03-29-2011, 09:16 AM   #33
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
MOAR PICS
Old 03-29-2011, 09:23 AM   #34
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
Street legal?
Old 03-29-2011, 02:01 PM   #35
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i doubt it, i dont think it will fit inside a regular lane, but who cares
Old 04-01-2011, 08:17 PM   #36
Nope not street legal at all haha. It'll be a trailer truck. Chevy 2500 coming in another year or so once my butt is working full time after June.

More on the motor. Bored it out a bit and its almost a 3.6 now. I got some custom rings so that I can still use the stock piston. There were a few people that did this mod and it worked really perfect. I was nervous at first. First new cylinder head is done and assembled over at a shop called Head Masters. The second one is on the way and I'm ordering the headers in the next week.

Rear interior is all stripped out now and ready to get cut up. For a while I was thinking about doing the engage spring under kit but now Im considering designing my own 4 link kit. My background is in mechanical engineering so I'm thinking its feasible. I called up some guys at Giant a few months ago and they said they were willing to check it out to make sure it would work well as long as I used some of their weld it yourself components.
Old 04-02-2011, 01:10 AM   #37
Old 04-02-2011, 01:12 AM   #38

Old 04-02-2011, 01:38 AM   #39
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Old 04-02-2011, 02:31 AM   #40
Drop it Drop it Low
Dmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Branden
Dmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
well you still fit on the lift so it's not that wide, i've seen some chevys that lose that ability lol