Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment

Notices

Movie remakes

Old 06-17-2008, 01:46 AM   #1
L8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant future

Air Force: Retired
L8Rmike's Tacoma Gallery
Movie remakes

I have just recently learned that some clown is trying to remake “Escape from New York.” Why? No good can come of this.
There are certain remakes that are inevitable and half-expected every few years…King Kong, Godzilla, Superman and Titanic, but everything that falls under the term “cult classics” should be off limits. Just look at the Fog, Planet of the Apes, Exorcist, and the Hitcher as examples of crappy remakes.
I am not really counting movies that were remade from a different language (Nikita/Point of No Return) or (The Ring) and of course a few movies did improve such as; Batman, the Thing (old one was in B&W) and I am Legend (Omegaman).
I guess I just cannot picture anyone playing Snake Plissken except Kirt Russell.