1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

American Chopper: Sr Vs. Jr, Anyone going to watch this?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by BakoTruck, Aug 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sep 16, 2010 at 10:14 PM
    rbeezy

rbeezy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma SR5
    ^^ agree... i'd like to see more old school OCC bike builds and less soap opera

2. Sep 17, 2010 at 7:39 AM
    oldtacomaguy

oldtacomaguy four forty four

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    08 SR-5 4WD Impulse Red Pearl
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    Sr. is really making an ass out of himself. Looks to me like Jr. is going to work hard, become succesful and reunite with Sr., all planned out ahead of time.

3. Sep 17, 2010 at 6:26 PM
    JohnnyGato

JohnnyGato God of Thunder ...and Rock N' Roll!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vegas Island
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD SR5 V6 4x4 Off Road
    Limo tint, Sirius/XM radio, Wet Okole's, Weathertech's, Rhino Lining, blacked out badges, shorty antenna, painted speaker (tweeter) covers, blue LED running lights, Icon 3" lift, Pro Comp 17" 7005's, 33" (285/70/17) Good Year MT/R's with kevlar.

I agree, except for the reunion part. He's gonna make his Dad envious.

4. Oct 7, 2010 at 6:11 PM
    BakoTruck

BakoTruck [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD
    Watching now.

5. Oct 7, 2010 at 9:58 PM
    MOT

MOT Prez of @BattleBornToyotas

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 DB DC 4X4 Sr5 Sport
    Black Housing Head, Custom Retro fit, T-Rex #2 Eyelids 50 inch ToughLight Radius Bar and 2 20 inch Bars behind grill with BAMF mount, T-Rex #2 Eyelids, Custom Vegas Dezert Fab Front Bumper and Rock Sliders,Wet Okole's, WeatherTech Mats, Magnaflow Exhaust, Pro Comp 6 InchStage 2 Lift, K&N Intake,
    Was great Sr. is a DICK funk him for not going to see Jr. bike it's his freaking son! I wish Jr. the best of luck and hope he builds alot more bikes!

6. Oct 8, 2010 at 12:21 AM
    BakoTruck

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD
    Yeah, I'm getting a little tired of that. I think they should never work together again, but a least fix everything with his sons.

He's getting up there in age, never know when something could happen and it could be too late. But it sure is good for the show, but I'm more interested in the build.

7. Oct 8, 2010 at 12:31 AM
    MOT

MOT Prez of @BattleBornToyotas

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 DB DC 4X4 Sr5 Sport
    Black Housing Head, Custom Retro fit, T-Rex #2 Eyelids 50 inch ToughLight Radius Bar and 2 20 inch Bars behind grill with BAMF mount, T-Rex #2 Eyelids, Custom Vegas Dezert Fab Front Bumper and Rock Sliders,Wet Okole's, WeatherTech Mats, Magnaflow Exhaust, Pro Comp 6 InchStage 2 Lift, K&N Intake,

For real Sr. looks sick getting old as hell and small he use to be huge but now he must me off the juice or just getting old! Jr. should do his thing he was the one that came up with all those bikes that made occ big ghey ass hell how Sr. gives him not credit for making it was it is now OK RANT DONE LOL!:D

8. Oct 8, 2010 at 12:40 AM
    Matic

Matic The "OFG" Baby!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tricky Dick
    Easley, SC
    Vehicle:
    1 owner 2002 TRD, SR5, DC, 2.7. Full OME suspension, STT pro's.
    OME 881 coils with OME nitrochargers shocks up front. TC UCA's OME Dakars with extra leaf in the rear. Warn 8000 winch with 80ft custom braided synth line. Custom 60ft synth extension. All pro tube bumper, Hi-lift jack, Safari Snorkel, Wilco tiregate. 2019 Jeep JLUR.
    My. 02
    I wouldn't waste another 5 mins of my life watching this bs so called reality show. Everything looks set up including the arguments and fights. Besides Rick who seemed to be the only real fabricator on the show they never fabbed shit. They went to the back and pulled shit of a shelf or ordered it.
    I got sick of watching arrogant ass paulie jr and sr showing off there million dollar cars and houses. And it looks like they build shit quality bikes. There was an episode a few yrs ago when they had like 4 bikes fall off the stands during the show. I can't stand those pricks. I hope they put each other out of business during this lawsuit.

9. Oct 8, 2010 at 7:11 AM
    cinch

cinch Member Extraordinaire

Member:
    First Name:
    Al
    Boulder Creek Ca
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prerunner double cab
    I'm sure that Coleman cheapened up the grill after it was designed to make max profit out of it. Jr probably didn't have a say in the matter.

10. Oct 8, 2010 at 7:22 AM
    SuperTacoma

SuperTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clint
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2019 Double Cab SR5 4x4 Silver
    Senior hinted at his health in the Interview with lady doing the magazine article.
    We will see.

11. Oct 8, 2010 at 8:16 AM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    1990 Chevy Siveraydo
    245k+ miles, rust, working AC, bald eagles
    x2.

The show was awesome in the beginning only because everything was real and they used to do awesome stuff like demolition derbys and throwing couches through windows. It got really gay once it moved to TLC though.

12. Oct 8, 2010 at 11:10 AM
    BakoTruck

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD
    Yeah I've been noticing this too, he looks a little pale, very skinny and less muscle.
    Must have something going on....

13. Dec 28, 2010 at 7:56 PM
    desertdude59

desertdude59 CRAZY 4WHEELER

Member:
    From the Mojave desert now in Wild and Wonderful W
    Vehicle:
    1991 toyota 4x4 sr5-lost but not forgotten
    4" lift after market front bumper bed mount lightbar/roll bar (4)6" kc's on the roll bar (2) kc flat back bumper mounts f/r gears for the 33's
    Thread revival! lol. I was watching Jr verses Sr. and that show is starting to suck. Paul jr should just give it up. His dad made him everything he is today. Enough with the mommy-daddy issues and just build some bikes! Maybe this show should be put on the Lifetime channel. lol.

14. Oct 27, 2011 at 10:19 AM
    Matic

Matic The "OFG" Baby!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tricky Dick
    Easley, SC
    Vehicle:
    1 owner 2002 TRD, SR5, DC, 2.7. Full OME suspension, STT pro's.
    OME 881 coils with OME nitrochargers shocks up front. TC UCA's OME Dakars with extra leaf in the rear. Warn 8000 winch with 80ft custom braided synth line. Custom 60ft synth extension. All pro tube bumper, Hi-lift jack, Safari Snorkel, Wilco tiregate. 2019 Jeep JLUR.
    Watching it now. The "ruger" bike or whatever.
    Thoughts. Paul jr. what a total douchebag. Arrogant asshat that wouldn't have anything if it wasn't for his dad and a reality show following both these drama whores. Done.

Edit. I wasted 5 mins like I said I wouldn't a few posts up and it's the same bs, christmas tree, pick off the shelf, slapped together novelty bikes.
    Rick is only there for the money and tv. He is the only one with any fab skills. period. Everyone else is a tv/drama whore.

15. Oct 27, 2011 at 10:28 AM
    Yoytoda

Yoytoda The Little Truck That Could

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Big Bear,CA / Upstate NY(Saratoga)
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab 4x4
    completely stock
    ive met them a few times... JR seems pretty cool and he shares it with his crew. when at OCC vinny drove a shitty corsica now he has a new silverado. Mikey gets alot of support from Jr. too with his art gallery and they sell mikeys stuff on PJD website.

Sr has always been a greedy prick. I went to a show in NYC and you had to pay to get in. well no big deal until you went to the occ booth which was all enclosed and you had to pay again to go in and look at there bikes.

OCC went to americade in lake george and charged a bunch of people admission to there booth for autographs and 50% never got there autographs. pretty low IMO

And for Sr. I think its really shitty the way he hired all these business people to run his "family business" and they took total control, treated his kids like shit, and ran his company into the ground. OCC is just barely hanging on and PJD is taking off...

16. Oct 27, 2011 at 4:00 PM
    epa4wd

epa4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eduardo
    Vehicle:
    2019 SR
    Clazzio Seat Covers OR Wheels 40% tint Side Steps KC Fog Lights
    I like the show, the old episodes much better than the new ones. I think Jr punched himself out of OCC, at the beginning he did most of the fabrication and as they acquired help for fabrication (Rick, Vince (after Jr. got him started), others..) etc etc then Jr. got less involved in the fabrication and was more of the designer/supervisor, although he did lend a hand but not as much as he did at the beginning. He also didn't put any interest in learning to use new machines, I have never seen him cut anything in the water jet etc etc while Vince learned, Jr. should have too, as time passed Jr. got left behind as a fabricator. Then they got Jason, initially he was there to make Jr's vision somewhat visual (drawing), but as time passed, instead of Jason drawing what Jr. wanted, Jason came up with something and Jr. either said that's okay or looks okay but lets change a thing or two. So at this point he is half out of being the designer too. So what was most of his duty? supervising? As Sr. pointed out he got in late, took long lunches etc etc, so he was doing that half assed . IMO he was getting lazy or just lost some of the passion he had at the begging for building motorcycles.

I sort of agree with the drama comment above, but I would say the biggest drama queen is Mickey not Jr., as Jr. avoids talking about it as much as he can. Mickey may be a "good" guy but he is lazy as hell he had a good opportunity at OCC and he blew it. He needs to grow up, and stop with the crap and blaming his father for things.

Sr. is an ass, bad mouthing his son says a lot about him, although he had some valid points about Jr's laziness, I got to admit that he also rode him sometimes unnecessarily, for example, I think it was last episode that OCC was cutting it close in time in a build, if Jr. was still working there, I'm sure Sr. would have been yelling his ass off, but Jr. is not there so he did not complained at all.... I also find that as much as he criticizes Jr's designs he also copies them. In the last couples of episodes Jr. has talked about the modern front end they are using with the suspension setup etc. I found it funny that then Sr. started saying to Jason that he was tired of the same front end and wanted something new... coincidence?

Cliff Notes:
    Dumb-ass Dad + Lazy-ass Mickey + half-ass Jr.

17. Nov 4, 2011 at 5:39 PM
    littledvl

littledvl ride BMX!

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Saint Leonard MD
    Vehicle:
    08 taco dc 4x4 / 15 tundra dc 4x4
    Too many to list
    Anyone see the commercial for the new biker build off?

Sr. vs Jr. vs Jesse James

18. Nov 4, 2011 at 5:51 PM
    Johns Taco

Johns Taco I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    05 DSM Base SR5 Slug Taco
    Full custom stereo, onboard air compressor, train horns, spacer lift, 30" tires, optima yellow top, rear slider window & tailgate anti-theft mod, pop & lock, class 3 tow hitch, lights in bed, Ultra Gauge, Weather Tech mats, yellow fog lights, camper top, air lift rear airbags, rear diff breather mod, soon to be more...
    I have always loved watching these guys build bikes, bothered me a little when it became a pissing contest. A little off subject but my dad told me to get the F out of his house when I just turned 17, 11 years later we started talking again and a few years later we our closer than we have ever been. Sucks to see pop and son having there personal problems exployted on tv. I stopped watching the show, they are both great. Together they are even greater.

19. Nov 15, 2011 at 7:49 PM
    JohnnyGato

JohnnyGato God of Thunder ...and Rock N' Roll!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vegas Island
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD SR5 V6 4x4 Off Road
    Limo tint, Sirius/XM radio, Wet Okole's, Weathertech's, Rhino Lining, blacked out badges, shorty antenna, painted speaker (tweeter) covers, blue LED running lights, Icon 3" lift, Pro Comp 17" 7005's, 33" (285/70/17) Good Year MT/R's with kevlar.
    Sr. has a good crew, but he's not great without Jr. who smokes his Dad's ass off on a weekly basis. Although I like Jr., Jesse James will smoke 'em all!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top