Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment

Notices

Country Music Suggestions!?

Old 06-29-2008, 01:44 PM   #1
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Country Music Suggestions!?

I listen to a wide variety of tunes.... and I enjoy some country from time to time. I'm not a country enthusiast - as I can only name a few artists. I'm not into the twangy boo-hoo stuff. I like them upbeat with some good lyrics. Love their lyrics.....

I have a good collection so far ..Kenny Chesney, Brad Paisley, Toby keith, Tim McGraw...etc.

Any sugestions on some good songs out there that I'd enjoy?

These are a few songs I enjoy....
Brand new girlfriend, dream big, Summertime, Livin in fast forward, etc.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:48 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
I listen to a wide variety of tunes.... and I enjoy some country from time to time. I'm not a country enthusiast - as I can only name a few artists. I'm not into the twangy boo-hoo stuff. I like them upbeat with some good lyrics. Love their lyrics.....

I have a good collection so far ..Kenny Chesney, Brad Paisley, Toby keith, Tim McGraw...etc.

hey janster.......i urge you to listen to some direks bentley........awesome music there, as well as some good ol' johnny cash, montgomery gentry, gary allan, brooks and dunn, alabama, sara evans, sugarland, and josh turner.....just to name a few. i like all the ones you listed too......awesome stuff there, but i can do without alot of tim mcgraw.....i like his older stuff better.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:34 PM   #3
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

i agree with 06. all are very good but tim mcgraw sucks

heres 4 good ones

Where Were You - Alan Jackson
Believe - Brooks and Dunn
Cleaning this Gun - Rodney Atkins
The Dance - Garth Brooks
Old 06-29-2008, 03:44 PM   #4
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
i agree with 06. all are very good but tim mcgraw sucks

heres 4 good ones

Where Were You - Alan Jackson
Believe - Brooks and Dunn
Cleaning this Gun - Rodney Atkins
The Dance - Garth Brooks
yeah.....rodney atkins is really good to!!
Old 06-29-2008, 07:43 PM   #6

Quote:
Thanks Guys! I'll check them out here soon... gotta head off to work now.
have a good one!! i gotta work 3 days this week.....then i got myself a 5 day weekend!!! cant wait for the 4th!!
Old 06-29-2008, 08:01 PM   #7
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
have a good one!! i gotta work 3 days this week.....then i got myself a 5 day weekend!!! cant wait for the 4th!!
I hear ya!! I gotta put in 4 (on this dreaded shift) -got July 4th off and I'm praying I don't get scheduled to work the weekend. I'm on vacation after that!! I gotta entertain my sister & family (husband, 2 kids) from CT and my parents are coming from VA. Thank Gawd they're all staying at a rental property. Should be fun....just a lot of driving. I'll be greatful for peace and quiet when I return home each night.

Have a great weekend!
Old 07-01-2008, 04:37 PM   #8
Lane Cypert is a jewel in the roughLane Cypert is a jewel in the roughLane Cypert is a jewel in the rough
Lane Cypert's Tacoma Gallery
Don't forget George Strait and Willie Nelson!
Old 07-01-2008, 06:10 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane Cypert View Post
Don't forget George Strait and Willie Nelson!
yeah.......definitely, great music!!
Old 07-01-2008, 06:19 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckinsc View Post
check this out, as far as country goes...

www.myspace.com/the boxmasters.

listen to their songs, they are really good, and better still get the album, it is great.
that boxmasters stuff is great. hilarious man!!!
Old 07-01-2008, 06:31 PM   #12
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
missileman125fw's Tacoma Gallery
Let me suggest Little Big Town's Album-"A Place To Land". Not twangy and most of the album is upbeat.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:48 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by missileman125fw View Post
Let me suggest Little Big Town's Album-"A Place To Land". Not twangy and most of the album is upbeat.
little big town is an awesome band missileman!!!
Old 07-01-2008, 06:51 PM   #14
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know who it is, but I like that "red-neck yaught club" song. Just sounds like a good time! The Thunder rolls by Garth Brooks.....I've always liked that one.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:53 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
I don't know who it is, but I like that "red-neck yaught club" song. Just sounds like a good time! The Thunder rolls by Garth Brooks.....I've always liked that one.
craig morgan does the redneck yacht club!!! kickass tune man!! he also doe "international harvester"........thats awesome too!!
Old 07-01-2008, 06:58 PM   #16
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Randy Travis with Forever and Ever, Amen......always liked that one.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:59 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
Randy Travis with Forever and Ever, Amen......always liked that one.
i really like alot of randy travis' music.............he's definitely classic country man.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:14 PM   #18
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
the Statler Brothers always can warm up the house (klik the pic)
Old 07-01-2008, 07:18 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
the Statler Brothers always can warm up the house (klik the pic)
i used to sit up at night when i was a kid with my grandparents watching the statler brothers!!! i miss those days!
Old 07-01-2008, 07:21 PM   #20
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
i used to sit up at night when i was a kid with my grandparents watching the statler brothers!!! i miss those days!
I grew up on country and blugrass and those guys used to ROCK my '65 Chrysler! I miss those days too