LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment

Notices

The Town

Old 09-04-2010, 01:12 PM   #1
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
philobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant future

Name: - philo
philobeddoe's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to philobeddoe
The Town

Saw The Town on Tuesday Night, the film opens on 9/17.

Gotta tell ya, it was damn good ... great writing, directing, solid performances, good story, great action ... shooting, driving sideways ... good stuff.

Check it out.

- philo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWxEKnf3Krk?fs=1

http://thetownmovie.warnerbros.com/

Old 09-04-2010, 01:20 PM   #2
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
yeah but Ben Affleck is in the movie...meh
Old 09-04-2010, 01:21 PM   #3
Bad decisions make great stories.
Lost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lost_Humanity's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by solus694 View Post
With a terrible accent.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:26 PM   #4
Lost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shed
But I do like John Hamm and that Brenner guy. And Blake Lively looks kinda trashy in it, which could be good stroke material.

So maybe...
Old 09-04-2010, 01:36 PM   #5
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
philobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant future

inevitably we'll have to debate Affleck's talent and sexuality in this thread, nevertheless, he knocked it out of the park on this one, great performance and great directing, you gotta give him his due when it's deserved

i told him i thought he crushed it on this one, and he was genuinely humble about it

the producers and the studio think this one is a crap shoot, no idea if it'll hit or miss, but they're pleased with the execution

i'd like to see a good film get some box office returns, it encourages more of the same

honestly, i can't take anymore superhero films or giant robots
Old 09-04-2010, 01:42 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by philobeddoe View Post
inevitably we'll have to debate Affleck's talent and sexuality in this thread, nevertheless, he knocked it out of the park on this one, great performance and great directing, you gotta give him his due when it's deserved

i told him i thought he crushed it on this one, and he was genuinely humble about it

the producers and the studio think this one is a crap shoot, no idea if it'll hit or miss, but they're pleased with the execution

i'd like to see a good film get some box office returns, it encourages more of the same

honestly, i can't take anymore superhero films or giant robots
This is true.

I'll give Affleck his credit for directing chops. Gone Baby Gone was excellent, and he's proving to be an adequate if not superior director.

And at least the accent in this is Bostonian -- which he has also performed badly before. I'm willing to overlook bad acting in well-produced films, as long as the character doesn't dominate the thrust of the story. This one seems to be balanced between the characters (from the trailer, so what do I know?).

Looks like it's shot well -- so there's a plus.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:45 PM   #7
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_Humanity View Post
This is true.

I'll give Affleck his credit for directing chops. Gone Baby Gone was excellent, and he's proving to be an adequate if not superior director.

And at least the accent in this is Bostonian -- which he has also performed badly before. I'm willing to overlook bad acting in well-produced films, as long as the character doesn't dominate the thrust of the story. This one seems to be balanced between the characters (from the trailer, so what do I know?).

Looks like it's shot well -- so there's a plus.
I really don't like the trailer, and naturally, the film does bang you over the head with the Boston thing, but it's a worthy film.

Affleck is proving to be a facile shooter, and is well served directing himself.

Old 09-04-2010, 02:11 PM   #8
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by solus694 View Post
GET OUT OF MY HEAD! ...X2
Old 09-17-2010, 06:13 PM   #9
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
gonna see this in an hour...
expectations are high.
Old 09-18-2010, 04:58 PM   #10
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
What movie do you like better................

The Town ?

Heat ?
Old 02-02-2011, 07:58 AM   #11
I phucking hate people >:(
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st Civ Div
Name: TACO LOVER
ink junky's Tacoma Gallery
I know this thread is old but

Yea, this movie is awesome.

The best scene is when they all get out of the jeep after being chased, and there's a cop sitting in his cruiser right across the street from them...He just looks at them then just looks away.

Most realistic scene, shit he didn't wanna die, and def not go up against 4 guys with automatics.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:37 PM   #12
DRTCWBY is on a distinguished road

Air Force: SAC Electrical Avionics Tech
DRTCWBY's Tacoma Gallery
I liked the movie (7.5 on a 10), but come on can't they rip off HEAT a little less. That whole call the girl scene reeked of Val Kilmer and Ashley Judd. Come on Benny come orignal!