Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment

Notices

Hellboy-Batman (no spoilers)

Old 07-19-2008, 04:46 AM   #1
Beware the Puma...
swatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really nice

swatjoe592's Tacoma Gallery
Hellboy-Batman (no spoilers)

Went and caught a Hellboy-Batman double feature with my brother last night last night. I didn't plan it out that way, but Batman was sold out till almost midnight, so what better way to kill a few hours than with the sequal of what I think is one of the coolest flics to come out in a long time; Hellboy?
So after suffering through the chickflic in disguise that was Hellboy, I went and stood in line for Batman. I found it comical, as I hadn't waited in line to see a movie since 1989; at the original Batman. Before you comic geeks start sending hate mail, I know it wasn't the 'original' Batman, but you know what I mean. I counted 27 grown men wearing Batman helmets. 27 . I don't understand dressing up to see a movie. Nor do I understand clapping at the end of a movie. No one has ever been able to give me a valid reason for either.
Either way, I don't want to ruin anything, but I'm glad I watched Hellboy first. The awesomeness that Batman displayed across the big screen would have surely been dampered by the suckhole of Hellboy 2. Now its 0645 hours, I have to be at work soon, and I'm regretting the Milk Duds and Dr. Pepper at 2 in the morning. The morning after didn't feel like this in 1989...
Old 07-19-2008, 05:12 AM   #2
Beware the Puma...
swatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really niceswatjoe592 is just really nice

swatjoe592's Tacoma Gallery
My bad! Didn't realize there was one of these up already.....
Old 07-19-2008, 09:47 AM   #3
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
I'm seeing it today hopefully...!
Old 07-19-2008, 12:09 PM   #4
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't seen hellboy 2 yet, but I'm thinking about dressing up as a hotdog when I go to see batman for the second time.
Old 07-19-2008, 03:55 PM   #5
Stops Jihad on Contact.
bambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kevin
bambooshoots's Tacoma Gallery
I saw The Dark Knight twice. Once at opening night (12:25) with the girl, then again 13 hours later when I treated my siblings to the movies at 13:30.

I could watch it again.
Old 07-19-2008, 04:14 PM   #6
CornDog is on a distinguished road

CornDog's Tacoma Gallery
i thought hellboy 2 was perty good. i havent watched dark knight yet. i wanna go watch Wanted! i heard that its a DEF. go see movie. lol
Old 07-20-2008, 05:59 AM   #8
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
I haven't seen hellboy 2 yet, but I'm thinking about dressing up as a hotdog when I go to see batman for the second time.
That's a costume ?
Old 07-20-2008, 05:21 PM   #9
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanTRDmachine View Post
don't know why they picked such an ugly chick to play Rachel though
yeah, WTF was up with that? the whole time, I was thinking that.
Old 07-20-2008, 05:42 PM   #11
Senior Executive of Nothing.
Agent7 is a jewel in the roughAgent7 is a jewel in the roughAgent7 is a jewel in the roughAgent7 is a jewel in the rough

Agent7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by swatjoe592 View Post
I counted 27 grown men wearing Batman helmets. 27 . I don't understand dressing up to see a movie. Nor do I understand clapping at the end of a movie. No one has ever been able to give me a valid reason for either.
I saw the same sort of thing for transformers... a bunch of dudes wearing Optimus Prime helmets... What killed me was the fact that they kept them on to watch the whole movie. How the fuck can you even see out of them?

The only disguise I'd have on is my erected dick poked through the bottom of my popcorn bag, so whatever girl I'm with at the time has an even better ending to the movie than she expected.