1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Playstation Move or Nintendo Wii

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by SCFirefighter, Oct 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oct 17, 2010 at 4:01 PM
    SCFirefighter

SCFirefighter [OP] on idiot patrol ;)

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephan
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    Silver 2010 DC TRD Sport 4x4 5'
    MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust, ScanGauge II, Map, dome and license plate LED's, Custom Fire/Rescue decals, Weathertech deflectors, Removed mud flaps, Rear spring TSB, Spidertrax spacers, Tinted windows (5%/27%), Black Tacoma badges, 5100 Billstein x4, ToyTec Coilovers, ToyTec TSB AAL, Devil horns, Hose clamp tailgate mod, OEM bed mat, HomeLink module, Hardwire GPS, Weathertech digital fit floor lines, Front Diff drop, Rear Diff breather mod, 4xInnovation welded sliders, Pioneer AVH-X5800BHS+SiriusXM.
    So one of my friends came over last night and brought her Wii. The three of us (fourth guy chickened out) had fun drinking and bowling. (It gets more fun the more you drink). We had a blast and ended the night at 3:30am on the PS3 with Guitar Hero Metallica (2 guitars + vocals)
    My wife and I had never played Wii before, but I recently considered the PS3 Move add-ons (already have PS3).

Now the wife is dead-set on getting a Wii. I'm not too keen on having yet another gaming platform we'll end up buying games for. Plus, I like my 1080p LCD and cringe at the 480i coming from the Wii plus the remotes were jittery at pinpointing their location on-screen.

Do you have the Move add-ons? Can you compare it to the Wii for me?
    The Move system uses technologically superior ways to track the whereabouts of the controllers, and that appeals to me. Is it really noticeably less jittery and more accurate than the Wii?

How about gameplay?

2. Oct 17, 2010 at 4:05 PM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
  3. Oct 21, 2010 at 7:40 PM
    SCFirefighter

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephan
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust, ScanGauge II, Map, dome and license plate LED's, Custom Fire/Rescue decals, Weathertech deflectors, Removed mud flaps, Rear spring TSB, Spidertrax spacers, Tinted windows (5%/27%), Black Tacoma badges, 5100 Billstein x4, ToyTec Coilovers, ToyTec TSB AAL, Devil horns, Hose clamp tailgate mod, OEM bed mat, HomeLink module, Hardwire GPS, Weathertech digital fit floor lines, Front Diff drop, Rear Diff breather mod, 4xInnovation welded sliders, Pioneer AVH-X5800BHS+SiriusXM.
  4. Oct 21, 2010 at 7:42 PM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    i have the wii and like the bowling,but the graphics suck donkey dick compared to ps3.i vote playstation move

5. Oct 21, 2010 at 8:14 PM
    SmEYELey

SmEYELey Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Whittier,Cali
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner White Tacoma
    Tint, Flowmasters Exhaust, King coilovers w/resi, tc uca & spindles
    i have a ps3 while my lil sister has a wii. imo this would be a hard choice but i would probably lean toward ps3. depending on what real gameing your going to do at all. i noticed that girls mostly lean towards the wii cuz it has the wii fit and sports. most of the girls i know with this hardly used it after 3 months. so if your the one mostly playing games i would save the money and just get a move for ps3. as far as gameplay is ps3's shooter is fun. it's accurate and graphics aren't that bad. they also have this bow and arrow game which can get sloppy at times. but can't really compare the two because the move is new and not too many titles for it yet. as far as the wii i haven't seen that many titles that impressed me with graphics. reason i like it though is you can buy some of the 1st gen games and gives me good throw back memorize. but if i had to choice one i would go with ps3. can't wait for black ops to come out!!

6. Oct 21, 2010 at 9:21 PM
    CVR6

CVR6 Active Member

Member:
    I think you answered your own question... otherwise its your funeral.

Seriously though, if your looking to have the boys over and their girls the Wii is a excellent bet. The PS3 is just coming on board as far as motion capture goes and I don't see it ever becoming a successful as the Wii.

I own all three consoles PS3, Xbox and the Wii. The only one I bother booting up when friends and family are over is the Wii.

7. Oct 21, 2010 at 9:23 PM
    CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab 4x4 TRD
    if you already own PS3, go with the move. You don't need to buy a whole new console just to have motion control. There may not be a lot of games out for move now, but all the developers are going to be flooding the market in 2011 with awesome move games. its only $100 and you can play some table tennis while you wait for better games.

8. Oct 21, 2010 at 9:25 PM
    2k6750

2k6750 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Naples FL
    Vehicle:
    2005 SWB Prerunner Double Cab TRD Offroad
    Toytec coilovers set at 3", 5100 shocks all around, rear AAL and 1"block, 18" Moto Metal 951's with 285/60/18 Terra Grapplers, Leer Topper, de-badged, T-rex billet grille, BHLM, K&N intake, Jardine catback, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, 8" kicker solo barik, Clarion 7" in dash dvd player. 12.1" flip down screen
    The PS3 Move is far superior to Wii in the control and movements as it sees you and the wand. There are tons of games coming out right now for it. I'm sure there will be some fitness ones. Check out the Playstation online store and look at all the move demos.

9. Oct 21, 2010 at 9:38 PM
    iSTIZO99

iSTIZO99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Jax, FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4 DC/SB
    I've got a ps3 and after we got married the wife brought in her wii. She hasn't touched the wii in long time, but our godson loves it so I keep it hooked up for when he comes over.

It was cool at first when wii was the only one in the market with motion controllers, but now since the other two have started to step into the scene I think they'll end up leaving the wii behind with their HD capability. If I were in your shoes OP, I'd get the ps3 adders and not worry about buying a whole new system. If the wife was dead set on getting a wii, I'd let her but on her own dime. :)

And why did the fourth guy chicken out?? Yea definitely a good time after some drinks...even better idea, use it in a drinking game.

10. Oct 21, 2010 at 9:40 PM
    rab89

rab89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Kelowna b.c canada
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCLB TRD Sport
    MOVE ps3 has proven itself, and I'm sure the move will more than hold it's own vs. the wii

11. Oct 22, 2010 at 7:00 AM
    SCFirefighter

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephan
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    We wanted to set him up with our female friend, but I guess he got the shits :)

Thanks guys. I'll probably flat out BUY the Move controllers and show the wife. If, after that, she still wants a Wii we'll get one too, for christmas :)
    (That way they'll be another few weeks before so she can think about it)

12. Oct 22, 2010 at 7:03 AM
    iSTIZO99

iSTIZO99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Jax, FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4 DC/SB
    Sounds like a good idea. She might like the ps3's more, you never know. And let us know how you like it when you get them too.

13. Oct 22, 2010 at 7:27 AM
    SCFirefighter

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephan
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top