Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment

Notices

Layla- Eric Clapton vs. Why Georgia- John Mayer

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer
Layla-Eric Clapton 45 95.74%
Why Georgia-John Mayer 2 4.26%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-18-2010, 06:34 PM   #1
futuretacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: First Responder, Primary Care Paramedic, Advanced EMT
Name: Andrew
futuretacoowner's Tacoma Gallery
Layla- Eric Clapton vs. Why Georgia- John Mayer

My friend and I are playing guitar, he is attempting to play Why Georgia by John Mayer and i am attempting Layla (Acoustic version) by Eric Clapton. Simply just choose which you prefer. All in good fun. I like both songs.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:00 PM   #4
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
John Mayer may be good, but Clapton is... well he's Eric friggin Clapton. He's in the rock & roll hall of fame 3 times! John Mayer cannot compete with that.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:02 PM   #5
futuretacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: First Responder, Primary Care Paramedic, Advanced EMT
Name: Andrew
futuretacoowner's Tacoma Gallery
I know John Mayer can not compete with Eric Clapton. Layla is one of the top 100 songs of all time
Old 10-19-2010, 07:32 AM   #6
Member Extraordinaire
cinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Al
cinch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendooman View Post
John Mayer is darn good, but you gotta give it to old Slowhound!

I believe that's SlowHAND!
Old 10-19-2010, 07:34 AM   #7
Member Extraordinaire
cinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Al
cinch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
John Mayer may be good, but Clapton is... well he's Eric friggin Clapton. He's in the rock & roll hall of fame 3 times! John Mayer cannot compete with that.

What He Said ^^^^-
Old 10-19-2010, 07:34 AM   #8
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Layla. Stealing another man's wife never sounded so sweet.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:38 AM   #9
Club Soda Not Seals
Mush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: mush
Mush Mouse's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Slowhound
Old 10-19-2010, 07:40 AM   #10
Club Soda Not Seals
Mush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XykQFhIjDsM?fs=1Should have included this guy
Old 10-19-2010, 08:30 AM   #11
MyYota05 is just really niceMyYota05 is just really niceMyYota05 is just really niceMyYota05 is just really niceMyYota05 is just really nice

MyYota05's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
X2
Old 10-19-2010, 08:44 AM   #12
Club Soda Not Seals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
Who the fuck is John Mayer?

Nice on the Jeff Beck!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIykokOBR1s?fs=1Heres another I found off a newer Album that I got
Old 10-19-2010, 08:45 AM   #13
PB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
PB65stang's Tacoma Gallery
Layla is my favorite song of all time. Clapton is amazing.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:00 AM   #14
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
not a john mayer song but he did a damn good cover of Wind cries Mary
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q38H_i3j9A8
Old 10-19-2010, 09:02 AM   #15
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Clapton is God....both did it first
Old 10-19-2010, 09:13 AM   #16
Club Soda Not Seals
Quote:
Originally Posted by crf69 View Post
Clapton is God....both did it first
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Cs80noDVcc?fs=1The real Messiah
Old 10-19-2010, 09:17 AM   #17
Dimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Dimonback's Tacoma Gallery
Fact is Mayer's more technically gifted, and most likely faster. But playing blues ain't a race, and the faster you play the more ludicrous it sounds.
Music is an art, not a competition. Every artist plays a phrase their own way, and every listener hears it differently.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:25 AM   #18
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
Simply being able to play guitar isnt enough. You must be able to write amazing guitar to be great.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:07 PM   #19
Club Soda Not Seals
Quote:
SlowHound?Dead Heads cant spell rite
Old 10-20-2010, 07:07 AM   #20
Dimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Dimonback's Tacoma Gallery
The best I've ever heard is from the Crossroads Guitar Festival DVD (I think from 2008, in Chicago). John Mayer, Jeff Beck (with his hot little bass player Tal something). Some amazing stuff... and then there's Clapton and Winwood doing "Can't Find My Way Home" at the end... takes me right back to 16 years old. Amazing stuff.