1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Top Gear Pissed me off

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by MachoTaco10, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan 18, 2011 at 2:27 PM
    sam_i02

sam_i02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Samir
    Kanata, Ontario
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner AccessCab
    BHLM, Satoshi grill, D-rings, Relentless Fab recovery shackle, DRL, Firestone RideRite airbags, WO seatcovers, added temp gauge, custom interior lights.
    haha! that is hilarious. I read somewhere last yr that any insurgent group cannot be successful without 2 "tools": the AK-47 and the hilux :)

actually here is the article. didnt know i had it bookmarked :eek:
    http://www.newsweek.com/2010/10/14/why-rebel-groups-love-the-toyota-hilux.html#

2. Jan 18, 2011 at 2:41 PM
    kmrofka

kmrofka Im so hungry i can ride a horse...

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    03 V6 Prerunner SR5
    Stripped down to the frame
    I don't know if you caught it but on the raptor episode the fat guy said he had a tundra

3. Jan 18, 2011 at 3:06 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    I didn't look through the entire thread...

But if you're on facebook - you can voice your thoughts about the episode. I did!! Haha!!

4. Jan 18, 2011 at 3:18 PM
    jtav2002

jtav2002 Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    Not sure why everyone is complaining about the various years compared. Have you never watched British Top Gear? It's not like half their crazy comparisons compare vehicles that have any business being compared at times.

As far as bashing the Toyota, I found it humorous since it probably would have been the most capable truck out of them all if someone would have used it the whole time. But it's the American version, of course they're going to want the American truck to win. As far as them being biased, again, look at British Top Gear, they hate almost anything American, and even when they like something they still find a way to hate on something about it.

In the end, the American version will never compare to the original. I don't completely hate the American version though I'll watch it. It's been a bit repetitive but they have had some fairly entertaining segments. All three hosts have their moments of being okay or being completely annoying.

5. Jan 18, 2011 at 3:33 PM
    JasoTaco

JasoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    ToyTec Ultimate 3" Lift -TSB Rear springs - TRD Cold Air Intake - TRD Skid Plate - Total Chaos Upper Control Arms - 2 Hella Rallye 4000 lights (130W Bulbs) - Clear Bra - Under Coat - Bed extener - Toyota Bed Mat - Weathertech floor mats - Tailgate hose clamp & washer mod - PIAA Fog Lights - ScanGauge II - Beefed Sliders - Differential Breather Mod - Heated Seats - All-Pro Bumper - Warn M8000 Winch with wireless controls - Boztec Diff Skid - ATO skids
  6. Jan 18, 2011 at 3:36 PM
    AKTACO420

AKTACO420 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    RETODD
    Anchorage AK
    Vehicle:
    2009 tacoma
    bucket seats grille craft mesh grille and lights behind grille
    The funny thing about watching this is that I knew the owner of the tacoma and that truck has already been through more than the dodge Chevy and Ford could have ever done. The trails they show I take my stock truck through every weekend so that shows that it isn't that extreme. Toyota for the win

7. Jan 18, 2011 at 3:42 PM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    1990 Chevy Siveraydo
    245k+ miles, rust, working AC, bald eagles
    does the toy have a 350 in it or something? they kept making a v8 reving sound effect when they showed the toyota lol.

8. Jan 18, 2011 at 4:01 PM
    BBY2KS2K

BBY2KS2K Jon Stewart / Stephen Colbert 2016

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Lake Stevens, WA
    Vehicle:
    2005 PreRunner DC
    16x7.5 TRD Bronze "beadlock" wheels without the beadlocks w/ 265 70 16 Bridgestone Revo II tires (non-winter) 16x8 KMC Enduro w/ 265 70 16 Bridgestone Blizzak DMV-1 tires (winter) McGard Spline Drive lugs and locks, Satoshi Grill, BLHM, blacked out badges, Aries side steps, Smittybilt light bar with PIAA 540 plasma ion fogs, Aero-Turbine muffler
    I thought it was entertaining. I don't take it too seriously and neither should anybody else. :D

9. Jan 18, 2011 at 4:05 PM
    blackwidow2009

blackwidow2009 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Cleveland
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab 4X4 TRD w/ SR5
    2.5" front lift Daystar coilover spacer. 2.5" rear lift add-a-leaf N-Fab wheel to wheel nerf/step bar Polished Stainless Leer cap from my 2000 Tacoma --- It does fit; don't let them lie to you

Did'nt see it, but I agree...FUCK THOSE ASSHOLES!!! I have a TACOMA and IT IS MADE IN AMERICA, NOT LIKE THOSE SO CALLED "AMERICA TRUCKS"

Got a secret for ya....do you know why chevy, ford, and dodge make their vehicle outside the U.S.??? It is NOT because the labor is cheaper, (labor costs are less, but not that much versus U.S.; the cost to ship out weighs the labor saveings), it is because or the TAX SHELTER!!!

They divert alot (millions!) of dollar out of the U.S. to "outside the U.S." plants. Each plant, either in the U.S. or outside the U.S. is concidered by the I.R.S. to be it's own company; each plant have it's own tax I.D. number. So you move the profit from the U.S. plants to outside the country by "over paying" for your own product (say some nuts and bolts, or a water pump assembly). Now the U.S. plant is in the RED, a tax wright off; and your "outside the U.S. plant is in the BLACK, which is sheltered from U.S. tax (and not taxable in that country) thanks to N.A.F.T.A. and this is legal according to U.S. tax law.

Now, you think I am going to give a shit about them when they fucked over so many families by taking away someones job (hundreds of thousands of U.S. workers) so a few corperate sons-of-bitch can get even richer??? ( the G.M. of general moters was makeing 16 million/year with a 16 million/year bonus! devide that by 52 weeks!!!) Then to make it worse, build a piece of shit and not stand behind it. Made even worse yet, lie to us and say they are hurting finatially and ask for an "INTEREST FREE LOAN" from the government. Fuck them!!! Then to add insult to injury, insult the Americans that do drive a Toyota (or any other "non-U.S. vehical). Fuck them!!! They think we are stupid; so lets show them we are not...point out all the flaws that chevy, ford, and dodge have and how they do not last as long, or most importantly...how they do NOT stand behind their product!!!

I used to like that dude from dirty jobs. He's another money hungry puppet, doing those comercials for ford and trashing toyota owner. Fuck him and his shows!!!

10. Jan 18, 2011 at 4:15 PM
    blacktaco21

blacktaco21 Crunchy Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    AR
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport DC 6" 325/65R18
    Fabtech 6" Baja Tire Carrier Limo Tint 4.88 Gears Detroit Locker Rear ARB Locker up front Train Horns Pioneer DVD Double Din JL Audio 12w3v3 325/65R18 Baja MTZs 18x10 Classic Locks Powder Coated Flat Black
    must be a pearl girl lol

11. Jan 18, 2011 at 4:20 PM
    myname150

myname150 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Here are my thoughts on the episode:

- The Dodge RAM Looked really nice, i loved it. But it's still a dodge and like in the episode it didnt last.

- Keep in mind, the Toyota has been following them all the way till the end, so all the crap the "Domestics" went through, that Toyota made it through just fine.

- That Hilux was one siiiccckk truck, i wonder if they're going to sell it. And for how much...

- As far as today (2010 Models), the Dodge RAM is only 76% American but US/Canada, Ford F-Series is 55% American manufactured OUTSIDE America, Chevy/GMC Silverado/Sierra is 65% American, US/Canada as well. As For the Tundra 80% American, US/Canada....And The Tacoma 50% American US/Canada.

^^ That will make more sense if you have a look at the PDF your self lol.

Attached Files:

12. Jan 18, 2011 at 4:23 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Alot of you folks are really getting worked up over this... They were comparing the "Domestic" trucks, with a certain budget, and min. mileage requirement. They obviously werent worried about weather or not the Toyota would make it thru the challenge, as it was the "Safety Vehicle" after all. Each of them wanted the truck they chose to be the victor, for bragging rights.

13. Jan 18, 2011 at 4:25 PM
    Sproulesxrunner

Sproulesxrunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Xrunner
    Too much for TW to know
    I hate the top gear USA version. The BBC version is awesome though.

14. Jan 18, 2011 at 4:42 PM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    And you're the only one on the board that likes the FB page...........

15. Jan 18, 2011 at 4:47 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Janster likes it too. :cool:

16. Jan 18, 2011 at 5:10 PM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    That must be the only way you can post to it.

17. Jan 18, 2011 at 5:22 PM
    ink junky

ink junky I love tacos too!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    TACO LOVER
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 trd off road DC,
    Aero turbine 2525, Snorkel, AFE pro dry drop in filter, BFG 33s, spydertraxwheel spacers :/. Debadged, rebadged black, TW sticker :D, bed lights, rod holders, OEM roof rack, Complete OME lift, bed lined fenders. Armor Tech Off road wrap around HC rear bumper w/ tire carrier swing out. Relentless front aluminum bumper. Le Devil Horns (_)

:rofl:

18. Jan 18, 2011 at 6:26 PM
    AKTACO420

AKTACO420 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    RETODD
    Anchorage AK
    Vehicle:
    2009 tacoma
    bucket seats grille craft mesh grille and lights behind grille
    No the tacoma does not have a v8. People say the toyota was there the entire time but it was not being driven into the ground like the other 3. I Think out of the three the Chevy deserves the award after all It made It all the way and Maby back even who knows. I wish I would have known they were going out to the kink glacier i would have gone and seen them and laughed at them because they suck

19. Jan 18, 2011 at 8:09 PM
    Toph

Toph Addicted to V8s

Member:
    The american version is unwatchable. I suffered through one episode and won't watch any more...they fail so hard at making dry humor that it's painful to watch. The camera/sound work isn't nearly as good, the writers aren't nearly as good, the hosts are terrible. They aren't witty or even likeable and foust is the only one that can drive. Even fifth gear is better made than this. The BBC needs to give up on making clone versions of the show...since apparently they can't duplicate the on and off screen talent involved in the original.

They had originally asked Jay Leno to be in it, but he turned it down. He was a fan of the original and saw the eminent failure. I would recommend watching Jay's Garage...it's actually quite decent.

20. Jan 18, 2011 at 10:55 PM
    krimson

krimson Nothin

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    OME 3" lift with 885 coils. OME Shocks with TSB 1.5 AAL. 285/75/16 KM2s. XD Hoss 16" wheels. DDM Tuning 6000K HIDs, H10 6000K Fogs. BHLM. Debaged. 20% tint on front windows.
    Im watching this and i made me think about... Wasn't the Brit version the one that praised the Toyota and Bashed the Ford..... Another show that went American and worded their biased opinions on "American" trucks even though my Tacoma was built in America.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top